View Full Version : Just the truth....

maidenheart
07-19-2004, 07:47 PM
I was thinking tonight just how much I have to be thankful for. Sometimes we get so caught up in the drama of being involved with an inmate, i.e, mail delays, high phone bills, gas prices, wear and tear on the car, being alone, etc, we forget the reason why we choose to be involved. I personally am in it because I love this man deeply, there is no one I have ever met who completes me as he has, he is my spring, summer, fall and winter, he shares my dreams, my laughter, my tears, my morning sun, my shinning star, in him I am breathless... so I am sending my thoughts to him tonight..... and I believe he will know....:)

haswtch
07-19-2004, 08:40 PM
whew yeah! you said that well...and I bet his heart heard you:) I know the feeling...

Hanksmom
07-19-2004, 08:46 PM
I know that how you feel. People can't understand that we feel this way, but at least we have each other to understand how we feel. Paula

Anthony'sWife
07-19-2004, 08:49 PM
Wow, u definitely said that well, I love my husband with all my heart and soul and though this lifestyle is difficult, if I had to do it all over again I would because I love him so much, I dont regret my decision one bit, he completes me in every sense of the word.

rosita
07-19-2004, 10:01 PM
This is the hardest thing I have been through in my life. Seems like all is against us at times. I have chosen to stay through it all....and there is no end in sight. I love him more than life. No one can ever touch my soul & heart the way he has. Just the way he looks at me melts my heart every time. I stay but it hurts. :cry:

Sam's girl
07-20-2004, 05:48 AM
What an awesome thread. I agree with you whole heartly.

Mrs. JV
07-20-2004, 02:45 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

maidenheart
07-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Haswitch, I think they hear us because they listen. Paula, isn't it amazing how we come here and know others will understand! Anthony'swife, you said it best, there are no regrets and if I had the choice knowing what I now know I would make the same choice. Rosita, I don't know your story but have seen your posts, there is a sadness in you that I think has roots that go deeper than his imprisonment, but I see your devotion and I think your love knows no bounds. Thankyou sam'sgirl and MrsJV! :)

amstaffdad
07-20-2004, 04:50 PM
From one new yorker to another, very well said. I was on the other side of that love and devotion while dealing with my incarceration (see my intro) and the love of my wife got me to where i am today. So god bless you! p.s. met her after having served 8 years of a 27 1/2 to life sentence (and were together fifteen years total, although sadly we have since divorced), she still has a piece of my heart no one will ever have, and we are still good friends.

maidenheart
07-20-2004, 09:05 PM
Thank you amstaffdad, I'm sorry your marriage didn't make it, but I appreciate the way you describe her and what she means to you and I believe she would too.

rosita
07-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Maidenheart, THANKS for answering me. I just realized this is the New York forum. Sorry. Thanks Maidenheart. I like what you said. About how you feel about your man & your love for him....you go girl!!! :thumbsup:

Forever_Lovers
07-20-2004, 09:53 PM
Rosita, I feel the same way. I believe God gave us this bond for a reason.

This is the hardest thing I have been through in my life. Seems like all is against us at times. I have chosen to stay through it all....and there is no end in sight. I love him more than life. No one can ever touch my soul & heart the way he has. Just the way he looks at me melts my heart every time. I stay but it hurts. :cry:

rosita
07-20-2004, 10:07 PM
Hotmama, Amen. Amen. And so we stay and we honor our lives & loves that God has blessed us with. You go girl! :)

robbospooh
07-20-2004, 10:17 PM
THIS IS most definately the hardest thing I have ever gone through. I made a promise--A VOW-- to stand beside him through it all-- a promise to love wholly and completely without restraint. In life and beyond. This time will pass then that first moment we will share, that first touch of his hand-- the wait will be worth it!

SinLuvsEd4Eva
07-21-2004, 11:58 AM
Maidenheart being from NY you must know how rough sometimes life could be in this city. when I met Ed I was already a teenager mother with a man already in prison. (That's a whole other story) & boy did I believe I loved THAT man.. but when I met Ed my heart skipped a beat , seriously, and I couldn't shake him out of my head even wanting to. He made his way into my heart and there he's remained for 7 years now.We've had our share of problems and Ed has alot of personal issues but he's always treated me and all the kids ( we've had 3 of our own) like we are the most precious things on this earth. He's on work release currently and we see him only 3 times a week right now but even when he gets on my nerves and I feel like giving up, something doesn't let me, something beyong my control. I look at Ed here laying down taking a nap with the babies and I wouldn't trade him for anything. He's mine just the way he is and I love him, defects and all. No one is perfect and it's been tough trying to adjust again but I rather him here than not have him here at all. In the end I hope all works out for you as I hope it works out for all of you and your families. Our daughter's think he's the greatest man in this world and I can't ever take that away from them. May God be with you all. I wish you all the best. ED completes me and without him my heart feels so empty.:love: *SinLuvsEd4Eva*

M_Lutes
07-21-2004, 07:54 PM
How ironic I come across this thread tonight, Steven and I just got off the phone and airing our insecurities. He told me every morning he wakes up and his heart jumps in his throat because he thinks today is the day she is going to tell me she met someone else.

All I have ever asked for out of any relationship is love and respect. I told him we've known each other for 14 years, 12 as friends. Do you honestly think another man could love me like you do? You're worth every second...and then some. Other men don't even have a chance.

I could never give him up - I'm happier now than I've ever been in my life. I love him, not where he is or what he's done. I feel richer than i've ever felt in my life, nobody else could ever come close to giving me what he has. The phone bills, gas bills, car repairs are worth every second. I just told him be prepared to live in a tent in the park when he comes home hahahaha...he says as long as I'm there, he'll be fine.