View Full Version : Need Help with Family Response

FrogLady
07-19-2004, 09:50 AM
This is my first post in any of the forums. (Federal offender, white collar crime) I had my sentencing last week, got exactly what my FPD had predicted. I am having problems with my husband accepting the realities of the situation. Can anyone give me advice on how they handled this part? I am okay for myself and have accepted what I must do. The only thing driving me crazy is not knowing where I will have to report. (I'm the type that wants all the details handled and wrapped in a neat little package.) Any comments will be appreciated.

kintml2u
07-19-2004, 10:28 AM
Cathy

It's hard on all involved! And hopefully "time" will be the answer. The emotions we all go through vary....yet can be extremely intense. So many things went through my mind when he was sentenced to 15 yrs, and even the question "can I stand strong". My love and belief in our relationship alone pulls me, but the strength he gives me pulls me across many lines.

Be sure to keep the communication open now...as it is an important part in this journey. Be sure to listen to him, and what is on his mind. Some might think that PTO is just some "chat" board, but it offers much more! Invite him to come online, and check it out! We have other husbands here with wives inside! It's all possibly!

Be sure to check out our Federal Forum as well. You should find information to help in this journey.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=186

Diane

sbrown110
07-20-2004, 03:09 PM
I am also headed to federal prison for mail fraud. And leaving behind a husband and 3 1/2 year old daughter. I know about handling details and wrapping up neat little packages.... get over it. There is so much that I will just have to leave in my husband's hands and trust that he will handle it. And whatever he screws up I will forgive him for.... look at what he is forgiving me for.....

Please feel free to pm me if you need anything or you want to talk.

Sheryl

jft
07-20-2004, 03:57 PM
Coming from the other side.... when hubby told me what he had done, I felt betrayed, lied to and very angry that he would put me into the position that he did. Over time I forgave him. While he was incarcerated, during visits, we worked out every problem that we ever encountered. For once he had to sit and listen to me and not just blow off things that I had to say. Right now, our marraige is stronger than it has ever been. Although I hate the things that we have had to endure, in the end it was a blessing in disguise, I doubt we would still be married had this not happened.

There is a reason for everything......