View Full Version : Clements Unit Information-Texas Prison

donnab
12-06-2002, 05:57 PM
I just phoned the Clements Unit for directions from the airport in Amarillo. The person on the other end said she didnt know. I asked if they were East/West/etc. of Amarillo. She said she didnt know........The only thing I know is that the Unit is East of Loop 335 but I cant locate the Spur 591 on any map. If anyone has any information on how to get to this unit I would greatly apprieciate your reply.
Donna

RSTX
12-06-2002, 08:13 PM
Donna,

Do you have a physical address for the unit? If so maybe you could look it up in mapquest. Have you tried looking up Spur 591 in mapquest?

If you don't have any of that I would bet that the rental car place will know. If not I would call the police wheh you land and ask them.

Good Luck,

Laura

donnab
12-06-2002, 08:31 PM
Laura,
Looks that way, been to mapquest even as far as locating it through the city directory. Guess it will be the rental I will depend on... She did tell me to call tomorrow, yeah right....on Saturday its an 8 hr drive and I dont want to pay the full price of the airline....I thank you and will keep trying to find out.
Donna

RSTX
12-06-2002, 08:54 PM
Donna,

Try calling the policeor sheriff tonite and see what they say.

Good Luck, Be Safe!

Laura

blueroseks
12-11-2002, 07:39 PM
Clemens Unit is West of the airport. At the airport take I-40 West. Get off at Lakeside Exit (There is a Williams Truckstop on the right). At Lakeside take a right. You will got 4-6 miles north. There is a sign that says Neal/Clemens Unit. Neal Unit is first then the Clemens Unit. Hope this is not too late. Clemens and Neal Unit's are in my neck of the woods.

babieboo
02-11-2004, 01:29 PM
I once saw a picture of the inside long ago on the internet but I cant find it..if anyone else knows please inform me. Thanks.

babieboo
02-11-2004, 01:30 PM
oh yeah i forget to mention that its in Texas.

cc201
02-07-2005, 07:18 PM
does anyone have somebody at bill clements unit. amarillo , texas

babieboo
02-08-2005, 09:15 AM
YES MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE A BROTHER IN THE LORD WHO IS THERE. DO YOU NEED SOME HELP OR HAVE QUESTIONS?

mattsbabe
02-08-2005, 09:27 AM
my brother in law spent some time there last month..

Ms.Lafter
08-26-2005, 12:27 PM
Dose anybody have info on the Clements Unit in Armarillo, TX? Like visitation and directions from El Paso to Armarillo and if there's a hospitality house there?

Ms.Lafter
08-26-2005, 04:41 PM
My husband is in bill clements unit

Ms.Lafter
08-29-2005, 05:16 PM
Hi everyone I'm new to PTO and was wondering if anyone had any info on the Bill Clements unit? My husband is incarcerated there and it's been awhile since I've heard from him. I'm already going on 3 weeks. Dose anybody know if there on lockdown? I tried contacting the prison but couldn't get no info. If anybody has any info please let me know!

mamarivera
08-31-2005, 06:07 PM
i just got back from visiting my husband - he is in that unit - they had a lockdown in july -

mamarivera
08-31-2005, 06:11 PM
there isnt a hospitality house in amarillo - but there are a couple of hotels that cater to prison visitors - they are located just down the rd from the unit and they offer shuttle service back and forth to the prison - they are very nice in amarillo - the hotels are the ritz and the quality in - both are on lakeshore (airport) for me, the staff @ the ritz were more accomadating. both hotels offer discounts if youtell them you are coming for a prison visit.

mamarivera
08-31-2005, 06:14 PM
the staff @ the unit are very nice and so are the people at the hotels that cater to prison visitors - the ritz and the quality inn - offer discounts to visitors and shuttle service back and forth to the prison for free! no hospitality houses in amarillo. email me if you need more info - (Email removed per PTO Policy - PM member)

Ms.Lafter
09-01-2005, 02:08 PM
thanks so much, this info was very helpful

quulin
12-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Hi everyone,
I just found out my husband was moved to the Bill Clements unit. I'll write to him in the morning. He had been in Middleton. It's been almost two weeks since i've had mail but I thought the lack of mail was because of a lockdown. I just need to get some mail to him and some mail from him soon!

My husband and I are new to this. He's never been to prison before. He's sentenced to 10 years and he's done two in county.

If anyone knows anything about clements please share.
Is it rough? How's the warden?

Thanks in advance.

Quulin

liltita
12-20-2005, 03:46 AM
Weel to begin with my sons father was moved there a couple of times. He is currently in the Clements Unit, becasue he got in a fight in Briscoe Unit. From what I heard it is not that bad. But then again I don't know what bad is for the inmates. They do receive there mail, but lately they have been taking there time to give it to the inmates. It took 2 weeks before my sons father gopt his letter. At first I was frightened that he just stop writting, but he said they have been slow in delivereing there mail. Any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

liltita

babieboo
12-20-2005, 10:09 AM
My husband was there for 3 years. The food there is actually a little better than other units. From what he says they give you more on your trays. The Admin aren't that nice though. They are strict. But as long as your husband stays out the way he will be fine. They house high security prisoners there which is supposed to be the worst of the worst...my husband was housed there and obviously it's not true what they say. Also the mailroom is really picky about what books they are allowed to have. On two occasions we had certain books denied becuz they were on the ban list. I had no idea they were on the ban list becuz no one would send us the list. It snows ALOT there also and gets really really cold. Make sure he has enough money to buy some thermals from commissary.

liltita
12-24-2005, 12:54 AM
Quulin,
Have you heard from your husband? I wrote my sons father about three weeks ago and still have not heard back from him. I was just wondering. I mean I know the mail is slow, but damn is it that slow.

quulin
12-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Finally got mail on Dec. 24.
He wrote it on Dec. 14 and it got mailed (post stamped) Dec. 19. But here's the kick. He got moved to Tulia by the middle of last week. I've already mailed him to that address. And then I finally get mail from Clements.
I hadn't heard from him in almost three weeks!!!
But he's OK.
He said Clements was in lockdown.
and that it was cold there.
Otherwise he didn't really talk about it.

Quulin

liltita
12-27-2005, 12:14 AM
Quulin,
Thanks for the information. Hope to hear from him this week, I am running out of patience.

Brent's Mom
03-11-2006, 11:23 AM
Clements Unit is in Amarillo,Tx. Do you have a loved one here? If you do tell us about it. This is your place to discuss or chat with others who have visit or have been in this prison.

cc201
03-12-2006, 10:22 PM
my husband is in bill clements unit. he has been there for 3 years. right now he is sick and i am having a time getting straight answers from them on his treatment. but they do talk to me when i call. cc201

liltita
03-14-2006, 10:47 PM
I have my loved one there. I have not heard that much bacb stuff about it but I know he does not like it.

cc201
03-30-2006, 09:27 PM
My husband says the clements unit is not the worst, but not the best either. i am having trouble getting him help for his illness from them. they will talk to me, but they give me the run around. i just went there last week and they are all nice when i visit.

Dinosgirl
04-20-2006, 10:23 PM
my boyfriend has been in there for the last 10 years. hes not very happy with it at all. the medical treatment and treatment from co's. plus its hard for us to go see him being so far away.

newmama
04-20-2006, 10:57 PM
We have a friend there who needs an orthopedic shoe. He's been through 4 units and still no help. But he says out there they are treated so rudely; no one seems to care. We have called the medical dept. in Huntsville and they are investigating. In the meantime he was written up a case because he couldn't go to class because his ankle was so swollen.

Ashagirl
04-22-2006, 10:41 PM
My guy is at the Neal Unit next door...he hasn't really had any medical problems...so I don't know how the medical department is there. However, medical sure seems to be of concern at the Clements from looking at this thread.

Joshsstepmom
08-02-2006, 03:14 PM
My step son is at the Clements Unit. I pretty shocked about the unit it looks older and the co's on visitation are alittle different from the other units he was in. It is far away and my step son says the "laws" (co) like to mess with the inmates.

believenHim
08-02-2006, 03:49 PM
My son is also at the Clements unit. He has only been there a few weeks. I have been treated kindly and with respect every time I've called and on our visit to see him which is a huge improvement on the treatment we received when he was in county. He does complain about the treatment he receives though.

liltita
08-09-2006, 08:45 AM
I have not gotten that much mail from my son father. Supposeably they hold there mail for a long time. Does any one else have this problem?

believenHim
08-09-2006, 03:26 PM
I usually receive mail from my son within a day or two from the time he mails it, but it's taking close to two weeks for him to receive the mail I send. We live over 300 miles from him.

concerned sis
08-18-2006, 05:32 PM
My brother is in the infirmary at the Clements Unit.As you all know he is dying from hep c.They have been the nicest people to him and my family.They have arranged for special visits and the nurses and Doctors have the upmost respect for him and for us.They have kept us informed of every turn of the road and it has been a very positive experience for the entire family.Even though our brother is now comatose we are still receiving reports from the warden and the staff.I have the upmost respect for these people at Clements!

ttopjenn29
08-19-2006, 03:11 AM
i have a better half of me in the region v at the smith unit down n Lamesa,Tx. He has been there over 8yrs now and it lives up to its name of maximun security prison thankfully. Its a better farm out of most ive dealt with in Tx and i know he's safe there and cool in the heat.

concerned sis
08-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Just thought I would let all know that my brother passed away this morning at the Bill Clements Unit Infirmary.I appreciate all that I have learned from all of you and all the help you have given me.I will miss him alot but at least now he is free!The people at Clements were extremely helpful to him and my family.

spooks188
08-23-2006, 10:18 PM
wow im so sorry to here that i am new to this but my simpathy goes out to you and your family. i dont no what i wuold do if i were in your shoes so i wont dare say i no how you feel.

jessnkat
08-24-2006, 09:37 AM
Sorry for your loss, sis. I'm glad that your family was treated nicely by the folks at the Clements unit during this time.

liltita
10-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Just stoppin by to let you all know that I visited my loved one two weeks ago. I had such a good time. I miss him already, I am very sad that he is not home with his son and me. We have 9 more months till we get to hug each other again....Can't hardly wait...

cg1109
10-18-2006, 05:53 PM
SO VERY HAPPY FOR ALL OF YOU, I HAVE A BROTHER IN THE BILL CLEMENTS UNIT AND I MISS HIM SO VERY MUCH, MY BROTHER WROTE TO ME TODAY WITH SOME BAD NEWS. IT APPEARS THAT HE IS BEING FALSELY ACCUSSED OF HAVING A JUMPER, SOME SHEETS AND TOWELS. NOW I AM TRYING TO GET HIM SOME HELP BECAUSE MY BROTHER DID NOT PUT THESE ITEMS IN HIS CELL. AND THEY WILL NOT EVEN GIVE HIM MEDICAL ATTENTION. BUT MY FAMILY AND I WANT TO WISH YOU ALL THE BEST OF LUCK AND BE HAPPY, GOD-BLESS
**email address removed per PTO Policies - Please PM Member**

liltita
11-02-2006, 04:36 PM
Does anyone know if solitary restriction is the same as solitary confinment. My loved one was in a fight and I received a letter from his cellie telling me that he was on solitary restriction for 15 days.....

tdcjanswers
11-21-2006, 12:53 AM
Glad to hear how well you where treated. Is a model all TDCJ institutions...

Mousepad
02-03-2007, 09:26 PM
My wife and I visit three men weekly at the Clements Unit. It is as good as any prison could be. As longs as one follows the rules and respects others, there is little trouble. I met these men through a prison ministry 15 years ago. The officers in the visitation room are always kind. Every once in awhile there is a bad egg but they usually don't stay long.

Mousepad
02-03-2007, 10:14 PM
I realize some of these posts are not recent. I live in Amarillo and the guys usually get their mail within 2-3 days and I get mine in two days normally.

Mousepad
02-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Actually, a hospitality house opened recently in Amarillo. It is a nice facility. Can stay for a small donation.
Hope Welcome Center
9400 E Amarillo Blvd
Amarillo, TX 79108
(806) 378-9967

ilovejesse
04-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Ok does anyone have lots of info on the Clements unit in Amarillo? My man has been there for the weekend and I'm thinking that's where he's staying. So anyone with any info thank you

BigBaby07
04-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Hello there well I don't really have much info but I have a friend @ Clements Unit as well what kind of info are u looking for I might be able to help u out if I can!!! I'm actually going to write to my friend today so is there any questions that u would like for me to ask my friend let me know so that I could ask him!!!

liltita
04-30-2007, 04:11 PM
My husband is in the Clements Unit, I can actually answer some questions. If I don't have the answer then I can get the answer from him. What kind of information are you seeking. He has been in that unit for over two years. Thank god he only has 79 more days to go..

ilovejesse
04-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Oh my gosh thank you guys so much. Well, I want to know how is visitation? How about the mail? Does it take forever? Do you have trouble sending them stuff like paper and writing tools from well I order from Rosie's Graphics? I read in some posts that the co's treat them kind of bad there. Is that true? He is G4 so do you know where he would be or what goes on where he will be at? I probably forgot some things. Oh, do they go on lock down a lot?

Ashagirl
04-30-2007, 09:56 PM
My guy is next door at the Neal.

Here's a search link that I did for you on the Clements Unit. Maybe there will be some tidbits there for you.

www.prisontalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1784792 (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1784792)

believenHim
05-01-2007, 06:15 PM
My son is at the Clements unit. My family and I have been treated kindly and with respect by everyone we've met there. I've called the mail room several times with questions regarding if a book is on their list, or if something is allowed. They've always been helpful. I receive mail from my son within 2 days of him mailing it and if I mail to him at the first of the week, he has it before the weekend usually. We've never had any problems at visitation and have been allowed to sit outside when we've requested that. I know my son will have a different view, but it's been positive for us and much better than county jail!

ilovejesse
05-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Thank you. Can I ask what is the custody level of your son? Only because I want to know if it may be a little different. My boyfriend is G4. I don't know how different it is because I have never really researched it but I know it's not that good. He's 20 and when he first went in he was 16 so he got into a lot of trouble because he was picked on a lot. And now he's at a new unit I'm afraid it will happen again. But thank you. I needed to hear a little positive about this unit after that awful story I read earlier about the lady who's son was murdered. I cried when I read that.

cc201
05-19-2007, 08:05 AM
My husband is at the Clements Unit, every time i have been there , they were nice to me and helpful if i have a question. the mail i have alot of trouble with, but his mother gets her letters from him within a couple of days. I live in Mississippi and she lives in Texas, so that could be the problem to.

sonya vela
06-30-2007, 02:37 AM
:) yes i do i have 2 very important people to me in the bill clements unit right now. one is my brother sean and the other is my boyfriend robert. and i love them and miss them very much. they are both in lockup where they tell me they are in there room 23 hrs. a day and they never do any thing and i am so sad for both of them i love them both dearly my heart goes out to both of them.:( :( :( :(

sonya vela
06-30-2007, 02:47 AM
i also have a problem with the mail at the clements unit some times they hold my babys mail for weeks and like wise with mine to him i know cuz he writes me everyday and there will be times were i get like 6 or 7 letters at a time and they are from last month. same thing when i write my bro, they always take weeks to give him the mail i write to him it is a little frustating but what can we do????:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: .....................................

lh1436
09-02-2007, 11:56 PM
does anyone have someone in clements unit in amarillo? what's it like there?

my boyfriend just got transferred there and i haven't heard from him yet, so i'm a little worried. also, we're getting married in a few weeks and i was wondering if this unit allows him to have a wedding band?

any responses are appreciated! thank you!

Kay
09-03-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm not familiar with the unit you are asking about but if he didn't have stamps, paper etc. when he was transfered he might be waiting to make store so he can buy some. Commissary is usually every 2 weeks so if the unit had just been then he will have to wait until the next store day for his purchases. I hope you hear from him soon. I know it is worrisome when they don't write. You can call the unit and ask about the wedding band. Good luck!

jojacks
09-03-2007, 08:56 AM
I lived in Amarillo and was a little familiar with this unit. It is not a bad unit, or at least I never heard anything bad about it. Like Katy said, it will take a few weeks for him to get paper, stamps, etc. Definitely ask about the wedding band - a member tried to take a wedding band in and got her visits suspended. Good Luck!!!

believenHim
09-03-2007, 10:43 PM
My son has been at the Clements unit over a year. I've called the unit several times with questions and everyone has always been very kind and helpful. Good luck to you and your loved one.

skywolf
09-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Just to let you know, I have been told the mailroom at the clements unit received thousands of pieces of mail a day, and they only work M-F all mail must be checked, and then sent to the each building for officers to hand out. Same goes for outgoing mail. There are only 4 people in the mail room to go through hundred of thousands of pieces of mail, they work as fast as they can. And don't forget once it leaves the unit it goes into the regular mail so then the post office deals with it as well.
Oh and don't forget hoildays- no mail runs either at the unit or with the post office, this means next regular day adds to the amount of mail that must be checked.
May God Bless you and your families

sassie_tx_gal
09-14-2007, 08:37 PM
My soon to be husband has recently been transferred to the Clements unit. He says he likes it up there, and that he is interested in several different courses that are offered at that unit. My heart goes out to each and every one of you that have had a bad experience.
As for the post office, there are only 3 or 4 workers in the mail room per several thousand inmates. So, yes, getting mail to and from your loved ones can take some time, even several weeks.

Perfecta
10-08-2007, 02:46 PM
My boy is in clemens, he's been there for awhile now. He's also my future husband. About commissary, it sometimes does take awhile for them to get supplies it does bring alot of worries when they dont write, i wish you the best

Kimberly$
10-26-2007, 01:30 PM
i found out a old friend from school is at clements how can i contact him i dont think he has any family left

lh1436
10-26-2007, 05:31 PM
kimberly- you can look up his TDCJ number on the TDCJ website. you could write him a letter and address it as follows:

Inmate Name
TDCJ #
Clements Unit
9601 Spur 591
Amarillo, TX 79107

Mousepad
10-28-2007, 03:30 PM
It normally takes two to three days for me to get a letter to the guys from Amarillo. They say that a short letter will clear faster.

Cat's Meow
11-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Any time an inmate moves, it takes a little time to get mail straightened out. I have found this to especially be the case at Clements. What we tell our inmates is to be sure to inform their loved ones writing them to put ON THE ENVELOPE which building number, and which Pod, if applicable. The more info, the better.

Cat's Meow
11-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Remember that Clements is larger than most other units, and it's true that every piece of mail is monitored, in and out. That takes a lot of time. It's not to be nosey. It's for security purposes. While you and your loved one are most likely completely innocent, it's true that lots of bad stuff and information can come through the mail, if not careful.

Katluvr54
04-12-2008, 01:03 AM
My ex is there. I've never been to visit, but hope to soon. I know when I've called the unit to ask questions, everyone has been really nice and helpful to me.

Katluvr54
04-12-2008, 01:06 AM
My boy is in clemens, he's been there for awhile now. He's also my future husband. About commissary, it sometimes does take awhile for them to get supplies it does bring alot of worries when they dont write, i wish you the best

Clemens is not the same as Clements. Clemens is in south TX and Clements is in Amarillo. I didn't know if you were confused or just left a letter out.

gigibrown777
06-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Just curious as to if anyone has a loved one or knows someone at eithert Neal or Clements units located in Amarillo , Texas? Has anyone visited either unit or does anyone know how to describe both units? What re these 2 units both known for and what is the atmosphere at them? Any information would be gretly appreciated ! Thanks..... Gigibrown777:p

RobinsMan
06-10-2008, 12:06 AM
Welcome to PTO! I'm sorry no one has replied yet but sometimes questions about specific units take a little time. My wife has been in two units and, of course, neither of them a mens unit so I can't help with the ones that you are asking about.

gigibrown777
06-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Hi. Thanks for the mail. Yes , I understand it may take some time to come across someone who knows of these units. Thank you so much for your concern .... I will be patient.

britecloud
06-10-2008, 12:03 PM
OK....now this is VERY second hand, lol...but when i was at the hospitality house last month, one of the ladies and i were talking and she said her husband used to be at clements but had just been moved to ware (or ward- i forget, im sorry) but ANYWAY...she was saying how much BETTER clements was..how nice the staff was to her and her daughter, how upset he was at being transferred, etc etc. so from their viewpoint clements was ok.

im sure someone with firsthand knowledge will be along soon... ;-)

believenHim
06-11-2008, 06:07 PM
My son is at the Clements unit. Everyone is really nice and helpful, whether we're visiting or if I call the unit. My son has been there about 2 years. Let me know if there is anything specific that you want to know about the unit or about visitation.

cc201
06-30-2008, 11:03 AM
my husband is at clements unit in amarillo, i have been there 5 times and is was good, nobody was ugly or hateful. i have to call sometime because he was sick and they were helpful. the visitation room is nice and clean

lh1436
06-30-2008, 11:11 AM
My husband has been at Clements unit for almost a year now. He says it's alright. He says that there's not as many problems between the inmates as there are at other units and the laws are alright some good and some bad like always. He hasn't been in any major trouble there and nothing big has happened at the unit at least since he's been there.

I visit about once or twice a month, never had any problems. The guards are always really nice to me, there's one lady that usually works in the front that always remembers me and talks to me a little. I don't have any complaints about anything during visitation.

If you have any specific questions, please let me know and I would be happy to help.

Take care.

*Johnnys*Wifey*
08-22-2008, 01:03 AM
Hello, im from cali and im goin to relacate to amarillo. Has anyone moved from cali to texas? Do you know if the chances are high or slim if my husband can get transfered to a prison in amarillo? Thanx

SOULMATES0406
08-31-2008, 01:22 PM

my boyfriend just got transferred there and i haven't heard from him yet, so i'm a little worried. also, we're getting married in a few weeks and i was wondering if this unit allows him to have a wedding band?

yes...my NEPHEW has 9 years to go.......he has typewritter, music..am not sure if he alone in cell.......can someone give me more info about the place...he sent pic and all i know they were WHITE....I heard its pretty RUFF IN THERe

Bchace74
08-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Yeah, its a MAX farm so a bit tough. Honey said lots of organizations in there, and alot of disrespectful hard headed youngsters. Alot of snitches guards and inmates. But no unit in TDCJ is a picnic. Many states have it much better w/ phones, email ect.... But honey says not the worse unit he has been in.

SOULMATES0406
09-01-2008, 11:51 AM
So is this.......single cell or dorm settings??.......

Ya....sometimes he writes how depressed he gets in there.

Bchace74
09-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Mine is in Seg so not sure what they have for dorms. When he was in Gen pop was ur normal 2 man to a cell.

lh1436
09-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Yea, my husband is in GP at Clements and he's in a 2 man cell. As for how bad it is there, I don't think it's really that bad. From what my husband has told me, it's alright. He hasn't had too many problems there.

missingcourtney
09-09-2008, 09:19 AM
They moved my man again, he was at Middleton, then Wheeler now Bill Clements I read the general information about this unit but was wondering if anyone who has a loved one there could tell me more. Like are the guards cool, are there contact visits, things like that???:confused:

believenHim
09-09-2008, 03:14 PM
My son has been at Clements for over two years. We do get contact visits, but you should probably check with the unit prior to going for a visit to see if you will be allowed a contact visit. All of the guards we have met have been really nice and helpful. The first weekend of every month, pictures are made.

There is also a Christian radio station that has a call in program on Tuesday nights from 6-7:45 p.m. You can call the station and your loved one can hear you on the radio. You are given 2 minutes to "talk" to them. It really means a lot to our family to be able to do this. You can call 800-525-5737 or 806-359-8855.

Let me know if you have other questions.

lh1436
09-09-2008, 10:50 PM
My husband has been at Clements for a year now. It's an alright unit. We do get contact visits, but like Believe said, call the unit ahead of time to check. All of the guards I've dealt with up there have been polite and most of them are nice too. We haven't had any major issues there. Please let me know if you have any more questions and I would be happy to answer them.

UltimateTerror
09-09-2008, 11:53 PM
It is the worst unit in TDC.. See thread above this one.

UltimateTerror
09-09-2008, 11:54 PM
That prison is worst of the worst. See thread below...

UltimateTerror
09-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Well I am not seeing the same thing after the work I do... This is a very abusive unit.. Anyone there needs to lay low, because it is the worst unit in TDC I have had to work on a humanitarian basis...

missingcourtney
09-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Well I called the Clements unit yesterday and he's been MOVED again back to Middleton! This $hit is really pissing me off! I can't keep track of him hardly at all! He's been in since 8/7/08, and they told him before when he was at Middleton that his processing was done hell at Wheeler he had a job and had started taking classes the day before he caught the chain! Now get this he was at Wheeler until 9/5/08, then to Middleton for the weekend, then the Clement Unit on 9/8/08 and as of yesterday 9/9/08 he was back at Middleton! THEY HATE ME FOR MOVING HIM LIKE THIS! I'll call later today and see where he is today!

DeadMeat
10-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Well I am not seeing the same thing after the work I do... This is a very abusive unit.. Anyone there needs to lay low, because it is the worst unit in TDC I have had to work on a humanitarian basis...

Can u please elaborate?

ReggiesLady
10-02-2008, 06:23 AM
Missing-Sorry to hear he was moved again. Looks like he's getting the "Texas Tour". I know it's frustrating but try and take a deep breath. Hopefully, he'll be assigned to an ID unit soon and can get settled in. Keep us posted. Take care.

shelly2003
11-12-2008, 05:33 PM
He was at Middleton for a while, and he really liked it there. But now he was just moved to clements, and from some of the threads I've read it kinda worries me. I mean I've read some good things too, but I guess the bad things overshadow them. Can anyone give me any advice I can give him? I know all I can really do right now is pray for him. So I'll just continue doing that for now. thanks

mamajmg
11-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Hon I think the negatives is what always sticks out in our minds the most. I think the best advice for any of our loved ones is to try to stay to themselves. TDC is not a place to make friends.

You'll probably feel much better when you hear from your brother and find how he's adjusting to this unit. And always keep him in prayer.

Janice

shelly2003
11-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Well, he just got transferred to Tulia, which I hear is small and the guards there are nice. He was only at Clements for 2 days, So I guess I'm changing forums. thanks for the advice.

mamajmg
11-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Good luck Shelley! Thanks for the update!

$y$tem Failed
11-18-2008, 01:04 PM
Your brother will be fine. The only complaint i have heard about Clements is their medical staff sucks. My personal experience with Clements wasn't pleasent for me. The guards (not all of them but most) were very rude to me and my mother. My stepfather was there for 4 months and got transfered to Coffield Unit in Tennesse Colony Tx. He said Clements is much better. It's a newer faclity and it's cleaner and the cells are allot bigger in Clements. As for visitation at Clements it was really clean. The only thing that sucks tho is you can only give your family member one hug and one kiss and your privacy is a little violated cuz they keep walking by your table every 5-10 minutes. Don't worry about him just follow the rules they give you and you'll be fine. Just think atleast your brother isn't in Huntsville. I hope everything works out for you!

gigibrown777
02-08-2009, 01:18 AM
just wondering if anyone knows any info about why the neal unit in amarillo is under quarantine and just exactly what does that mean??? no visitation is allowed as of friday.thanks for any info you may have.God bless.:)

believenHim
02-08-2009, 08:56 PM
This was posted earlier about the quarantine:

Not sure if those who have loved ones at Neal or Clements have seen this on the TDCJ site...but...

Visitation
Neal Unit and Clements Unit

The Ombudsman Coordinator's Office has been advised by administration that there will be no visitation this weekend (February 7th & 8th) at the Neal Unit and the Clements Unit due to an outbreak of acute gastroenteritis that has affected a portion of the prison population. Another update will be sent prior to visitation next weekend (February 14th & 15th).

MzAllieS
03-04-2009, 07:35 PM
I just got a reply from my brother who is in seg at the clements unit. It took him a long time from the normal turn around on getting letter from the time I sent until I recieved a letter Is that normal for Seg? Just curious. Thanks, Allie

JennMB102
03-09-2009, 02:22 AM
Anyone need a ride from near mckinney or near dfw to clements unit in amarillo?

I would like some company driving from the DFW area (McKinney) to Clements Unit in Amarillo, TX.
We can take turns driving and split the gas costs. Im getting a hotel room, so u can share with me if you want. It doesn’t really matter to me when we leave, I just plan to visit as soon as I get the chance. Anyone that knows how visitation goes would be perfect, because this would be my first vist.

MiMi_69
03-12-2009, 03:28 PM
My man is in Clements Unit. I have been there several times to visit him. He said other than the food tasty nasty, the Unit is ok. He states that there are many youngsters there that steal, and try to cause everyone problems, but he did say that as far as the Unit goes, it is the best one he has been transferred too. You might send your man a note when you finally hear from him, to make certain that everything stays "extremely clean" in his cell, because they are constantly fighting off flesh eating spiders & rats. I have been told by my man that the Guards on the inside are good people, and the ones that I have dealt with during visits are extremely nice and helpful:)

MiMi_69
03-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Jenn,
Visit to Clements Unit is good as far as I am concerned. The 1st weekend of each month they allow you to bring $ 6.00 extra dollars for pictures (one of you and one of him), $20.00 in quarters in a clear bag no larger than a quart size bag, and can only contain change, keys, id, and inmate's number.

When arriving, I have founf that it is best to arrive at 8:30am, b/c sometimes the screening you in process can be lengthy. Be sure to call and make sure that the Unit is not on lock down (or you will not be able to visit), make sure to have written down your Tag # and Know your man's id #, or you will have to go to the back of the line and start all over.

Dress Code: Pretty Modest does it. Jeans or Pants, No V-cut shirts, Shirts with Sleeves at least mid way dor the arm from shoulder to elbow. Closed in shoes.

Hope this helps you out. Feel free to email me if you have any more questions.

hiswife78
05-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Does anyone know if or when they are getting phones there??..
Thanks.
Please PM me if you have ANY information about this!..
thaks once again GoD bless!!

GraysonMom
05-20-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm sorry but Clements was suppose to have their phones up and usable by May. But another member posted that it would be July now. Here's that link; http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416771

Here is another link with phone enrollment procedures. There will be 4 threads (Stickys) at the top of the page. Hope this helps and Blessings as always. http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1381

hiswife78
05-21-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm sorry but Clements was suppose to have their phones up and usable by May. But another member posted that it would be July now. Here's that link; http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416771

Here is another link with phone enrollment procedures. There will be 4 threads (Stickys) at the top of the page. Hope this helps and Blessings as always. http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1381

Thanks for the info! But I have another question lol. My man is in ad seg. will he still be able to use the phone????
Thanks!:thumbsup:

GraysonMom
05-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Sorry, right now they are not letting Ag Seg use the new phone system. Here is a link that should help. They can still call under the 5 minutes per every 90 days (post #9), With the Wardenns approval. Looks like one member was denied in the link below (post#7) But try, you never know and Keep us posted.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4520341&highlight=Seg+calls#post4520341

blountswife
06-16-2009, 10:26 PM
My husband is at the Clements Unit and has been there since January. He has not been in any trouble with the staff altough he did have a confrontation with an inmate once. But is was not major. He doesn't really complain much and he is in GP. They are usually very friendly over the phone. I have had several problems when I go to visit though, the same person always seem to have a problem with my shirts. But other than that it is not too bad I guess. They are suppose to have phones put in by July, so make sure you get set up for him to call. You know I am not too sure aboute the wedding band issue but I will find out and let you know. I wanted to give my husband his, as a matter of fact I am visiting this weekend so I will try to remember to ask them about th wedding band. Congrats!

english2791
07-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Can someone give me any info on visiting an ad seg prisoner how do you get approved to visit? what your visits are like ?

Bchace74
07-11-2009, 10:31 PM
You can vist Mon-Sun with Seg. If you are over the 300 mile distant you call inmate records and ask to put in for a special visit. Give them the days and they will call you when approved. FYI make sure you get the name of the person that calls you or you speak to when they tell you it is approved!! Learned that last time, our paperwork got lost and was almost denied for my 4 hrs both days, and flew in from FL. If you visit Monday - Friday even, for regular visit, still has to be approved from the warden follow same steps.

Visits there have always been good CO's are very polite and when had a issue it was resolved. Weekends can be BUSY!! Only think 10-12 booths and sometimes some are down. I perfer going during the week for last 2 times I went on the weekend visits were cut short.

GL

english2791
07-12-2009, 12:20 PM
well i plan on going during the week but i haven't started the getting approved process yet how long does that take i'm hoping i would get approved by halloween otherwise he's out of luck i'm visiting from ny state

Bchace74
07-14-2009, 11:46 PM
They let you put in your request 2 weeks in advance 8D

english2791
07-25-2009, 11:26 AM
i wanted to get my friend a radio how do i do this

believenHim
07-25-2009, 07:22 PM
He will need money on his commissary account so that he can buy the radio through commissary. I believe that when my son was there, he had put in for a radio but had to wait until they had some available.

When your friend gets a radio, there is a radio call in program on Tuesday nights where you can call in and "talk" to him over the radio. I've posted about this before and will be happy to give you the info about it if you're interested.

hiswife78
07-25-2009, 10:54 PM
He will need money on his commissary account so that he can buy the radio through commissary. I believe that when my son was there, he had put in for a radio but had to wait until they had some available.

When your friend gets a radio, there is a radio call in program on Tuesday nights where you can call in and "talk" to him over the radio. I've posted about this before and will be happy to give you the info about it if you're interested.

I would like to know more about that...I would love to send my honey a message thru a radio station :)
& does any one know if and how i can send my man a book??...
Thanks
God bless♥

believenHim
07-26-2009, 02:21 AM
There is a Christian radio station that has a call in program on Tuesday nights from 6-7:45 p.m. You can call the station and your loved one can hear you on the radio. You are given 2 minutes to "talk" to them. You can call 800-525-5737 or 806-359-8855. I believe it is 88.3 on the radio. There is also a website with info about the radio station. It is www.kingdomkeys.org (http://www.kingdomkeys.org) You can listen to it live online. It was a blessing for us to be able to call and talk to my son when he was there.

You can send books to your loved one through Barnes and Noble, Walmart, Booksamillion, or any other store. I always called to be sure that the book was approved at the unit before I would send it to my son. You can call the mailroom and give them the author and title of the book.

Let me know if you have any other questions. My son is no longer at Clements. He was bench warranted back to county in June and while he was there, he took his life. He left us a wonderful letter. He told of his love for each member of our family and also told of his love of God and his salvation through Jesus. We know he is free and at peace and we will see him again someday. I'm sticking around PTO because of the love and support here and also hoping I can help and encourage others.

english2791
07-26-2009, 10:05 AM
Oh i'm so sad to hear that. My penpal had a radio he is in ad seg but now its broken so i sent him $20.00 through jpay hopefully that will cover it will they tell him he has money he is is indigent. I am going to visit him in October i am flying in from NY state he says he hasn't had a visitor since moses was on the mount lol. Is there anything i need to know about visiting what to wear i know they don't want you to wear white any other restricted colours? and it will be via phone that i will talk to him.

believenHim
07-26-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm not sure if they always let them know when money is on their account. You might want to write him to let him know. When you visit, you can take $20 in quarters in a clear bag so that you can buy snacks for him at the vending machines. There is also a Hospitality House nearby where you can stay. They don't charge for the room but will take a donation. The only thing you can take in to the visit is the bag of quarters, your driver's license and car keys. You will need to know his TDCJ # and your car license plate # when you sign in. Also, be sure to let them know you are having a window visit so you hopefully won't have to wait in line too long. I don't know of any other color restrictions.

english2791
07-26-2009, 07:30 PM
should i still take quarters if it is an ad seg visit i thought i had no contact with him?

english2791
07-26-2009, 07:30 PM
oh and i was going to go during the week so hoping it will be quiet

english2791
07-26-2009, 07:32 PM
geesh me again how is the hospitality house what are the rooms like do you just show up there and hope they have room i'm going the last week in october

believenHim
07-26-2009, 09:22 PM
With a no contact visit, it will be a window visit. You can still buy snacks for him and an officer will hand them to him. I don't know about visiting during the week. Maybe someone else can help you with that. We were only allowed visits on Saturday or Sunday.

You need to call ahead to the Hospitality House to reserve a room. I've never stayed there but there have been some other posts in this forum about it by people who have stayed there. It's called the Hope Welcome Center. I think they will provide transportation from the airport and to the prison if you don't want to rent a car.

Bchace74
08-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Call the unit and ask for a special vist ask for Inmate records. Has to be approved for you to visit during the week, but you should get 4 hrs both days they are real good at approving them at Clements. FYI when they call you back with your approval make sure you get tha name of the person that calls you back. Last time my paperwork got lost and was a disaster SGT denied me and gave 2 hrs one day after flying from FL spoke to the Major and he approved it and told me to make sure I keep names next time. Staff has always been very nice and helpful.
You can't wear white obviously and what I call club clothes LOL... With him being in Seg we go to a different visitation area, you will go to the back of the unit, just ask the guards at the gate how you get to High Security. Everyone I have dealt with a Clements has been very helpful and kind. Have a GREAT visit.

english2791
08-02-2009, 10:38 AM
has any one stayed at the hospitality house?

blountswife
08-03-2009, 08:48 AM
oh and i was going to go during the week so hoping it will be quiet

You can only visit on Saturday and Sunday's. The Hope Welcome Center is nice. They give you bunk beds. But you do have to call and schedule a room in advance, you can't really just walk in uannounced. I mean you can but you are not guaranteed a room and at least if you call then they will be expecting you and they will also pick you up from the airport and drop you back off.

english2791
08-03-2009, 05:35 PM
you can visit during the week if you are travelling along way and have permission is that what you are replying to or the hospitality house

CherryPie
08-06-2009, 03:03 AM

All I know if Waylon hates it there, and that it is a max. security unit.

CherryPie
08-18-2009, 05:18 PM
I have an eyebrow ring, and a belly button ring, and a million earings in all the time. If I get a contact visit, will I have to take all of them out for the whole visit, if I don't get a contact visit will I have to take all them out for the whole visit even though it's behind glass? I just want to know the rules on this, because if I can't wear them at all I won't even bother putting them in. Waylon just thinks that my piercings are sexy, and so that's why I'm asking.

hiswife78
08-19-2009, 10:45 AM
Well I dont get a contact visit but when i visit behind glass its ok to have piercings.
I have my nose, tongue & lip pierced and they never said anything to me about it!...
Hope this helped you alittle :)
Take care

a_coleman
08-19-2009, 11:00 AM
I dont think they will tell you that you cant wear them but they might make you take them out when you go through the metal detectors

english2791
09-13-2009, 12:15 PM
i have a piercing in a very intimate place i have never removed it and quite frankly when they did it they made it impossible to remove you need pliers to pull it apart my ? is will the metal detector pick it up ? i mean airport detectors never have and wouldn't they be the same ?

hiswife78
09-16-2009, 04:59 PM
i have a piercing in a very intimate place i have never removed it and quite frankly when they did it they made it impossible to remove you need pliers to pull it apart my ? is will the metal detector pick it up ? i mean airport detectors never have and wouldn't they be the same ?

No i dont think that the metal detectors will pick it up!
I go thru the metal detector will ALL of my piercings on & its never a problem!
So i think that you should b ok!:thumbsup:

The Animal
09-24-2009, 12:36 AM
our metal detectors are set at diff settings....i went to work one day a few weeks ago and the damn thing kept going off, after all was said and done, i had a staple in my shoe and that was what the problem was...so they are sensitive...note the staple was between my foot and the sole of the shoe......

Lark77
10-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Greetings,
Fairly new to this...found out through JPay e-messaging that my husband was transferred to Abiliene. Called the facility and was informed that it was only temporary and that he was enroute to Amarillo-Clements. Called Clements and was told to call Friday to inquire about visitation. :( Was hoping to see him this weekend. Haven't seen him in almost a month. Question: How does the facility determine how long the visitation will last and whether it will be a contact visit or not? Thanks in advance for any info. and support.
Best Regards,
Lark77
P.S. Are we allowed to send care packages, if yes, what websites are available? If no, :(. What about Christmas?

english2791
10-14-2009, 01:24 AM
cant give you much help but no care packages you have to put money on their books

blountswife
10-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Well you length of the visit depends on how far away you live. For instance myself I live in Houston and I travel to Amarillo once a month to visit my husband. becuse we are 10 hrs away I get a 4hr visit on Saturday and a 4hr visit on Sunday also. You can find out thru Records at the unit if your husband is eligible for a contact visit. Usually if he was able to get a contact before and was not transfered due to a major charge he should be able to get contact now also. I'm not sure where you are traveling from but if you were planning on staying there for the weekend there is a place that you can stay at across the street from the unit called the Hope Welcome Center. You are given your own private bed with heat/ac of course they are only twin size bunk beds but if you were to ask me they are very comfy. Me and my kids stay there every month. There is no flat rate you have to pay, only leave a donation of whatever you can. They are run by the Amarillo Baptist Assosciation. And they even have dinners on Saturday evenings. Hope that helps!

believenHim
10-14-2009, 06:36 PM
You can't send care packages, but you can order books, magazine subscriptions, crossword puzzle books or Sudoku books. I sent my son a leather journal from Family Christian at Christmas time. Just be sure to check with the unit that the books and magazines you want to send are on the approved list.

TxCowgirl
10-19-2009, 05:48 PM
MY HUSBAND WAS MOVED FROM WHEELER TO BILL CLEMENTS UNIT ON 10/09 AND I AM SO UPSET.HE WAS ONLY AT WHEELER FOR A MONTH AND HALF AND NOW HE IS FAR AWAY NOW.I AM DALLAS AND NOW HE IS OVER 400 MILES AWAY.:mad:I AM LOOKING FOR INFO ON THIS UNIT.HE IS IN ON A 3 YRS AND I THOUGHT HE WAS UP FOR PAROLE SO LOST AND IS HE OKAY.I AM SO LOST ON THIS WHOLE THING I JUST WISH I KNEW WHEN HE WAS COMING HOME.

CherryPie
10-26-2009, 01:16 AM
Just because he was transfered doesn't mean he still isn't coming up for parole. Look at the Texas department of criminal justice website, do an offender search, it can tell you parole eligablity date, and release dates. My baby is at the Clements unit, and actually he is staying out of trouble there. He likes it better than the unit he was at prior to this, which was Fort Stockton. The staff also seem to be pretty decent to me when I come to visit, but they really, really, really will enforce rules at visitation, but at least they are nice about it, aye? Anyhow like I said Waylon likes it there, I'm sure he will be fine.

CherryPie
10-26-2009, 01:29 AM
No girl they probably won't pick it up. I have my belly button ring in and it never picks it up. I didn't know that it wouldn't until recently when I started visiting Waylon more so often. The lady that I usually see is really nice too, I informed her before she scans me, so if I do beep, we can work around that. I also get contact visits, and they don't make me take my piercings out, which is good because Waylon always thought they were real cute.

lamissboo
11-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Dont worry its okay mine has been at clements unit for like 4 years now and gots another year and a half to due in order to be eligable for parole. Its actually good up there and it helps the time pass with the work there able to due.

amandaescobar
11-26-2009, 10:02 AM
If I have warrants in Tx, can I still go visit my dad without getting in trouble? I haven't seen him since I was 13 and I would really like to visit with him. We have alot of catching up to do.

blountswife
11-29-2009, 10:00 PM
Yes you can still visit. They only check your id to verify you are the person on the visiting list. They do not run your id number and they give your id right back to you. I have been before with warrants. just be careful driving up there you know.

hiswife78
11-30-2009, 03:07 AM
I have been up there with warrants as well...they are NOOO problem :)
and like "blountswife" says just be careful on your ride up there :)

Yes you can still visit. They only check your id to verify you are the person on the visiting list. They do not run your id number and they give your id right back to you. I have been before with warrants. just be careful driving up there you know.

Chicana1979
11-30-2009, 08:09 AM
If I have warrant myself, Is it safe to go visit a loved one in prison?

hopecenter
12-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Dose anybody have info on the Clements Unit in Armarillo, TX? Like visitation and directions from El Paso to Armarillo and if there's a hospitality house there?
There is a hospitality house in Amarillo. It is only about a mile from the Clements and Neal units, about 45 miles from unit in Tulia, 50 miles from the unit in Pampa, and 60 miles from the unit in Dalhart, spread the word we have been opened for 4 years and we are still being found out about. Give us a call 806-378-9967 or email at (removed per PTO policy. Please pm member for this info.)

tama1961
12-10-2009, 10:42 PM

I live here in Amarillo and I'm not sure if there is one or not call the City and ask them 806-378-3000 maybe they can tell you something or refer you. My loved one is way down in East TX...

The Animal
12-13-2009, 08:29 PM
i am almost certain that you can visit him, if he is on the unit.....only waiting is when they first hit the system..

CherryPie
12-23-2009, 12:15 AM
What are the rules for inmates hair at the clements unit? I went to see my baby, and his hair was basically gone. He told me that a correctional officer raised cain about him having curls. I happen to love his curls, I don't care what they think, and this hasn't been an issue the whole time he was there, and now all of a sudden it is? :angry: Anyhow, I'm just curious how long they are allowed to keep their hair, because his wasn't that long when they made him cut it. Maybe just over an inch long from his head.:confused:

mrs.fields09
12-26-2009, 03:04 PM
that is at every unit..my hubby is at the coffield unit and he had braids when he went in..then they made him cut it bald..Since then he has been growing it back and wore it in a fade..well he got wrote up for that one time because he didnt get his hair cut in a timely manner..so it's their messed up rules !!

palaminolady
12-26-2009, 08:32 PM
My friend has his hair short also but he said he was going to let it grow. Just not sure how long they will let it get.

piercedkitten83
12-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Yep, it's like that everywhere. My husband had a mohawk before he got arrested and they made him get rid of it and keep his hair cut a certain way. He hates it.

CherryPie
12-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Well I personally think it's a bunch of crap. He actually has a long beautiful pony tail in the free world. He kept his hair short enough in there, they didn't have to go and do all that. I understand the importance of keeping hair short, I'm sure that is lowers the chance of lice or whatever. I personally just get sick and tired of the "punishment" that goes on sometimes. From the way he made it sound, it sounded more vindictive than anything else.

h!s W!F3Y
12-30-2009, 04:33 PM
ive never seen any inmate with hair when i go see my man..he keeps his faded up.

*Quia*
01-07-2010, 11:05 AM
This is what it states in the offender handbook:

Male offenders must keep their hair trimmed up the back of their neck and head. Hair must be neatly cut. Hair must be cut around the ears. Sideburns will not extend below the middle of the ears. No block style, afro, natural or shag haircuts will be permitted. No fad or extreme hairstyles/haircuts are allowed. No mohawks, tails, or designs cut into the hair are allowed.

When my husband was in he would sometimes try to let his hair grow out. Not a whole lot but just a little bit enough to where I could see his little curls because I love his curls. Well even though he would keep the sides trimed up and also hair off the back of his neck some guards would trip on him have just a little bit more on the top of his head. It never failed they would always make him cut his hair right away. I hated that I mean it wasn't real tall just a litte longer so I could see the curls. Sometimes I think the guards did it out of spite but I don't know. Most of the time he kept a short fade.

dmigic
01-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Heck, my man has been there so long, he's completely bald now, hehehehe, no more hair cuts.........problem solved.

This is what it states in the offender handbook:

Male offenders must keep their hair trimmed up the back of their neck and head. Hair must be neatly cut. Hair must be cut around the ears. Sideburns will not extend below the middle of the ears. No block style, afro, natural or shag haircuts will be permitted. No fad or extreme hairstyles/haircuts are allowed. No mohawks, tails, or designs cut into the hair are allowed.

When my husband was in he would sometimes try to let his hair grow out. Not a whole lot but just a little bit enough to where I could see his little curls because I love his curls. Well even though he would keep the sides trimed up and also hair off the back of his neck some guards would trip on him have just a little bit more on the top of his head. It never failed they would always make him cut his hair right away. I hated that I mean it wasn't real tall just a litte longer so I could see the curls. Sometimes I think the guards did it out of spite but I don't know. Most of the time he kept a short fade.

CherryPie
01-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Yeah, my baby had curls this Saturday when I went to see him again. I couldn't do the bald thing, I think I'm glad they can at least have some hair.

Miss_Tiff_J
01-28-2010, 10:05 PM
My brother is on the clements unit right now,he got segged out for a dumb reason that we are fighting right now and trying to get fixed.He's not real happy with the unit but he doesn't hate it too bad either.I'm just happy he's there because I live in Amarillo and so did he before he got locked up so he's right here in his hometown which does help alot!!!

meb0313
03-08-2010, 07:10 PM
can someone give me directions to this unit from dallas? or even how to get to amarillo? the address TDCJ gives me doesn't register with mapquest for some reason :(

meb0313
03-08-2010, 07:40 PM
My husband was just transferred to Bill Clements unit on 3/4/10 (four days ago). I'm really nervous about this because I'm trying to learn more about the unit and everything I'm seeing is HORRIBLE but it's from 2006-2008ish. Has the unit gotten better? I've seen everything from murder to slow mail to "bad eggs". I also can not get the address to show up on Mapquest. Can anyone give me directions from Fort Worth? I can't seem to find anything on this unit other than "the worst TDCJ unit there is" and the fact that it's located at 9601 Spur 591 (which, like I said, is nonexistent according to mapquest). I'm nine months pregnant and totally worried so a lack of sleep tonight would not be a good thing.. PLEASE HELP! Any CURRENT information about this unit is welcome.

believenHim
03-08-2010, 10:40 PM
My son was at the Clements unit. It's not that bad of a unit. Everyone that my family and I had contact with during visits and phone calls was very helpful and polite. I may not be much help with the directions from Fort Worth, I'm not sure of road names, but it's the first exit past the airport and then you exit off of that road on to Spur 591. I'm sure someone else will be along who can help you with the directions. I'm glad you found PTO. There is so much support and understanding here.

Keeping you in my prayers that all goes well for the remainder of your pregnancy and delivery.

CherryPie
03-12-2010, 04:01 AM
The guards are very nice at visitation, this is very true. I go once a month and usually have a really good visit, I am in abilene, they are pretty easy on the visitors, and they actually treat you like a person which is more than I can say for alot of places. Basically your going to go into amarillo, and just keep driving until you see the Mcdonalds arch, that is your exit. take a right, and stay on that highway for a couple of miles, then you will see a Ben E. Keith plant right off the highway, that is your next exit, you will also see the Neal unit directly next to the highway, take that exit and take an immediate right, drive down that road until you see the horse statue on the Left side of the road, turn in there. The unit is not really that bad, but there is gang action there, and it is frequent. If he can keep his nose clean he will be fine, it is a rough unit, and there are alot of behaviors there. Make sure you keep the dress code to a tee however when you visit, they don't play games when it comes to dress, they will send you home. If your getting a contact visit arrive early or you will have a long wait.

CherryPie
03-12-2010, 04:07 AM
I have not gotten that much mail from my son father. Supposeably they hold there mail for a long time. Does any one else have this problem?
They do hold their mail for a long time, that is deffinately true.

rollerswartz
03-18-2010, 01:12 PM
My husband was just transferred to Bill Clements unit on 3/4/10 (four days ago). I'm really nervous about this because I'm trying to learn more about the unit and everything I'm seeing is HORRIBLE but it's from 2006-2008ish. Has the unit gotten better? I've seen everything from murder to slow mail to "bad eggs". I also can not get the address to show up on Mapquest. Can anyone give me directions from Fort Worth? I can't seem to find anything on this unit other than "the worst TDCJ unit there is" and the fact that it's located at 9601 Spur 591 (which, like I said, is nonexistent according to mapquest). I'm nine months pregnant and totally worried so a lack of sleep tonight would not be a good thing.. PLEASE HELP! Any CURRENT information about this unit is welcome.
I finished up an 8 yr sentence at the Bill Clements unit, after being on Briscoe and Darrington Units, and was released in 1995. I cant say how the unit is NOW, because conditions change as administration changes and as inmates are transferred. There is a large psych population at Clements, just as there was when I was there, and these inmates can be very dangerous, as they are unpredictable and unstable. This unit has ALOT of suicides, and still ranks in the top 5 United States prisons for reported sexual assaults. There are a combination of reasons for this. Lots of gang activity. Lots of long term sentences. Lots of sexual predators. Lots of crazy psych inmates. Horrible food. There were alot of older inmates when I was there, and many of them are too old to want to deal with the loud, arrogant, thuggish, younger inmates, who want to fight all the time. These older, quieter convicts are more likely to use a weapon, and attempt to kill rather than fight. I understand that. There is a trustee camp at the unit, and I hope your guy can get in there and stay there. you can use Google Earth to get directions. Just tell him not to break the law when he gets out..Ive been out 13 yrs without so much as a misdemeanor..I learned, and I hope he does too...just remember, its prison, and it isnt meant to be nice!:cool:

rollerswartz
03-18-2010, 01:18 PM
My son was at the Clements unit. It's not that bad of a unit. Everyone that my family and I had contact with during visits and phone calls was very helpful and polite. I may not be much help with the directions from Fort Worth, I'm not sure of road names, but it's the first exit past the airport and then you exit off of that road on to Spur 591. I'm sure someone else will be along who can help you with the directions. I'm glad you found PTO. There is so much support and understanding here.

Keeping you in my prayers that all goes well for the remainder of your pregnancy and delivery.
...its funny, alot of folks in these forums seem to compare how good a unit is with how good they were treated as visitors. Just remember, the same friendly, polite, nice, accomodating c/o's who smile at you during your visit can be the same ones who coldly look the other way while a young offender is raped or beaten...

believenHim
03-18-2010, 02:52 PM
I understand that what is seen at a visit is more than likely not true the rest of the time. When my son was there, he gave me the names of COs and wardens who are kind and helpful to everyone, all of the time, and those are the ones I talked to whenever I needed to call. One of the guys that my son was friends with still communicates with me and he tells me that it's best to keep to yourself, not to take things (COs or other offenders) too seriously, stay away from trouble and this guy has been in over 20 years. He doesn't describe Clements as a "bad" unit, says there is some gang activity but he stays away from that. He says there are not a lot of suicides because the opportunity is not there for it to happen. He did say back at the start of his sentence, CO's would look the other way if some kind of assault was happening to an offender by another offender or CO, but they are quick to stop it and get control of the situation now. He said that things change all the time, some good, some bad.

LiberalNTX
03-19-2010, 09:31 AM
How long does it take for mail to reach an inmate after it has reached clements unit

angellove77
03-19-2010, 11:57 AM
My brother is at clements unit and he just started the pamio program. I call over there and get updates on his mental health and behavior. I wonder if when we call do they really tell us the truth or make up crap so we can stop calling.... I always wonder about that?? MMMMMMMMM

CherryPie
03-24-2010, 02:26 AM
I don't really know about mental health issues, my baby is not there due to mental health, as this particular unit is not only mental health, but also a behavioral unit. However, with my experience the co's are particularly helpful in any situation I have ever had, and we have been dealing with this unit for over 2 years now. So I would assume they are telling the truth, but only they really know.

CherryPie
03-24-2010, 02:27 AM
How long does it take for mail to reach an inmate after it has reached clements unit
I am almost 300 miles away, Waylon always gets my letters by the 3rd day. Hope this helps.

CherryPie
03-29-2010, 01:53 AM
I was informed that there was an inmate whoms head was gashed open recently at the clements unit, my love said it looked like a water fall coming out of his head. Also apparently someone died the other day something about the gas, and events after the gassing.

michele6
04-01-2010, 09:05 PM
i have a friend in clements however he doesnt talk about the conditions much so i dont know how much i can tell you about that. as far as directions i can get you some if your still interested. i dont check this site often but ill try to watch it closer in case you still want directions.
take care
michele

Dinosgirl
04-13-2010, 08:56 PM
my fiancee is in ad seg and says that the cos are mean to him. however, i thought that maybe he is going crazy cause he was been in ad seg for many years due to him not wanting to confirm himself as a gang member because he is adament he is not one!

MRS. K COLLINS
05-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Im from ft worth and i usually drive to clements once a month. It takes about 6 hours and i stay at the hope center and visit both saturday and sunday. My husband is there. Let me know if you need help getting there or would like to share a ride. Me and aother lady from ft worth ride together. I use a gps system

toytoy01
05-13-2010, 01:23 PM
I would like to know does anyone have any info on this unit? is it on lockdown? i havnt heard from my bf in almost 6 mos if some one out there could easy my mind i would be so thankful am so worried........ please help???:(

Onaicult
05-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Someone should come along soon w/ lockdown status info. Have you called the unit? You can have the chaplain do a welfare check on your bf, too.

CherryPie
05-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Someone should come along soon w/ lockdown status info. Have you called the unit? You can have the chaplain do a welfare check on your bf, too.
Somethings deffinately going on there, I haven't heard from my husband in 2 weeks. He's been in for 3 years already and I always get 2 letters a week, but nothing in the last 2 weeks. This is scary to me.

Onaicult
05-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Somethings deffinately going on there, I haven't heard from my husband in 2 weeks. He's been in for 3 years already and I always get 2 letters a week, but nothing in the last 2 weeks. This is scary to me.

Well, has anyone called the unit? Everytime my husband's unit has been on lockdown, they've told me when I call. :thumbsup:

believenHim
05-15-2010, 03:10 PM
I have a couple of friends that I write to and I haven't heard from either of them in quite a while. Usually when I send a letter, I get a reply within a week or so and it's been over 3 weeks. I have never had a problem with getting mail, even when they are on lockdown, unless they are out of stamps, etc.

ilikbenme
05-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Got a letter from my man today dated that he wrote it on the 9th. Not too bad when it usually takes 3 days. He DID mention that they are being treated worse than normal and that he was writing by the light from the door due to the fact that they turned off all the lights. He's been there a little over a year and that's never happened before. (He's done this unit twice before now, too). Other than calling the unit, I don't have anything else to add. I'll let you know if I get some info cause now I'm freakin just a bit!!! Is this why the mail is just a little bit slower???

My*PrinceSergai
05-16-2010, 05:45 PM
My husband is at Clements and I heard from him this afternoon. I have been receiving his letters regularly too. No lockdown in building 18. My husband usually tries to shelter me from what happens there, but if I were to ask him how things are in a certain building he may be able to let me know. Things do happen there that we have no idea about. The Chaplain would be a good start. Send me a pm if you want. Hope you hear from your loved ones soon.

ilikbenme
05-16-2010, 05:48 PM
I never thought to ask my man what building he's in...DUH!!! I'll be watching here to see what's going on till I hear from him...we don't get phone calls so I wait for mail for news. Ya'll don't post anything in the next couple days, I'm going to call for a what's up.

hiswife78
05-17-2010, 12:15 AM
Well i recieved a letter this Saturday and he told me that the Unit isn't on lock down yet but will be by the end of the month.
My man is in AD SEG so i guess this might only be pertaining to loved ones there.
Hope i was some kind of help ;)

ilikbenme
05-17-2010, 02:18 AM
hiswife: thanks for the info. they've had one scare already this month for lockdown and it turned out to be nothing. i guess if we don't hear anything for a bit we'll know what's going on. gonna be a lonely time for us for a bit. do i have it right that we can write and they'll get it but they won't be able to write us while in lockdown?? or do you know? i haven't been through this part, yet.

hiswife78
05-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Well to my knowledge they will be able to do both..write and recieve letters..
Now the mail might be a bit slower than usual but they will be able to write...
My man has been there for about 3 or 4 years so im pretty used to lock downs lol..
Again I hope i was some help to you...

ilikbenme
05-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Well to my knowledge they will be able to do both..write and recieve letters..
Now the mail might be a bit slower than usual but they will be able to write...
My man has been there for about 3 or 4 years so im pretty used to lock downs lol..
Again I hope i was some help to you...

Any information, no matter how much or how little, is VERY helpful...Thanks!!:thumbsup:

One of the other PTO girls said the mail just goes through slower than normal...at least I've been warned...no worries!! LOL She also mentioned this happens a minimum of twice a year so I got a few to go...not to mention all the other little times...oh well...such as it is, I'll just go with the flow and keep letting him know I'm still here, even if I'm walking in quicksand to be there! LOL

MRS. K COLLINS
05-17-2010, 11:01 PM
meb 0313 did you ever find your way to the clements unit if not let me know because i live in fort worth to. and maybe you can share a ride with me

blountswife
05-27-2010, 09:02 AM
im kind of worried. I spoke to my husband last Tuesday and he used the last of his minutes and said he would be writing. But I have not heard from him since then. That was last Tuesday and letteres generally take 3 days to get to me but I have not gotten anything.

ilikbenme
05-28-2010, 05:30 PM
I have noticed a slightly longer time in between letters...with all the reports all over the country about riots and fights this last week, I'm thinking they may be scoping the mail a little more which would cause the slow down. Don't worry just yet...its already been stated that there might be a lockdown and its the end of the month. Patience is NOT an inmate's mate's virtue! LOL

plmodel
05-29-2010, 10:44 PM
i don't think there is a lockdown; my friend and i have been chatting back and forth through snail mail without many difficulties. sorry i can't be any more help

ilikbenme
05-29-2010, 11:06 PM
other than a couple letters taking an extra day to get here....the mail has been steady for us, too. my man says there's always rumors of lockdown but not to worry cause the mail still rolls.

CherryPie
06-09-2010, 12:35 AM
other than a couple letters taking an extra day to get here....the mail has been steady for us, too. my man says there's always rumors of lockdown but not to worry cause the mail still rolls.
I visited Saturday 6/5/2010, if the unit was on lock down it isn't now. Everything went as normal, with no high precautions than they normally have.

ilikbenme
06-09-2010, 12:55 AM
cherry....mail is still going normal...rumors around here was for a lockdown at the end of this month but my man said they are hearing sometime in july. no biggie...just routine...at least the mail will run...i just feel for the guys having to go thru this. guess we'll see...

toytoy01
06-10-2010, 01:44 AM
Damn i hate this unit mail 2 slow i his may 5 letter in june dont get me wrong the staff is great just i dont get 2 here from him often and what this talk bout this unit being a release Unit ? does that mean they have 2 moving them he lonely have 16 mos left

CherryPie
06-11-2010, 06:33 AM
cherry....mail is still going normal...rumors around here was for a lockdown at the end of this month but my man said they are hearing sometime in july. no biggie...just routine...at least the mail will run...i just feel for the guys having to go thru this. guess we'll see...
Yes the mail at this unit does run very slow, but they aren't even on a higher security level or anything. Actually things this past weekend seemed to be more relaxed than normal. I hate how we always have to worry about if our loved one's are locked down or not at this unit, they do seem to be on lock down more than other units.

ilikbenme
06-11-2010, 06:36 AM
they do seem to be on lock down more than other units.

thanks for this heads up...i did not know this....my man has been in clements this time for just over a year....he never mentioned that but then again its probably just routine to him so i can see him forgetting....oh well, all we can do is expect it and go with the flow....what good is it to stress or complain? its gonna happen no matter what LOLOL thanks

CherryPie
06-13-2010, 07:06 PM
I visited today 6/13/2010 and the unit is now on lock down. :( Looks like more hard times for our guys inside...

Tried&True
09-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Hi all!

I just made a pen pal who is in Clements. I'm clueless about these facilities. Can anyone share info on what his life is like in there? He said he just made yellow level. What does that mean?

Is this a pretty safe facility?

Appreciate any info.

connieb13
09-17-2010, 04:57 PM
:)Hi all!It is a minimum security prison I think. No prison is a safe facility.

I just made a pen pal who is in Clements. I'm clueless about these facilities. Can anyone share info on what his life is like in there? He said he just made yellow level. What does that mean?

Is this a pretty safe facility?

Appreciate any info.

Tried&True
09-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Come on all, how about a little info?

Haven't heard from my pp in 3 weeks and I'm a little concerned for him. I know there's tons of reason why he may not be able to write, but the mind always searches for the worst case like he got hurt or something.:idea:

My*PrinceSergai
09-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Things are tough over there. You can call and ask to speak with a Chaplain if you continue not to hear from him. The chaplain can check to see if your friend is ok. It is very frustrating not to hear from the people we care about. The more contact we make with our loved ones the less likely that something may happen to them- if they are trying to stay out of trouble. Do you know what building he is in?

Tried&True
09-30-2010, 05:45 PM
Things are tough over there. You can call and ask to speak with a Chaplain if you continue not to hear from him. The chaplain can check to see if your friend is ok. It is very frustrating not to hear from the people we care about. The more contact we make with our loved ones the less likely that something may happen to them- if they are trying to stay out of trouble. Do you know what building he is in?

Thanks. What do you mean things are tough there? He hasn't told me his building number yet, but he did just make yellow level. Do you know what that means? Some people say it is a minimum security facility and other a max. Anything you can tell me aout the place is apppreciated.

My*PrinceSergai
10-06-2010, 12:03 AM
I think it is both. I have heard people talking about having to go around back to get into the high security part of the building. I can ask my husband what is meant by the yellow level. If I am right, it probably means he is in the building where they wear the yellow wrist bands. Each area has a different color band. They have dorms there, if they stay out of trouble they can get moved to where they are with a group of guys and not in a 1 or 2 person cell. I say things are tough there because it is prison and one in which a lot of the guys are there for life and the guards can get on a power trip. We must be there for and support our men, if they are doing good and stayin out of trouble, let them know how proud you are of them. A little love can and will go a LONG way. Hit me back if you have any more questions. Here to help- God Bless.

Tried&True
10-06-2010, 06:32 AM
I think it is both. I have heard people talking about having to go around back to get into the high security part of the building. I can ask my husband what is meant by the yellow level. If I am right, it probably means he is in the building where they wear the yellow wrist bands. Each area has a different color band. They have dorms there, if they stay out of trouble they can get moved to where they are with a group of guys and not in a 1 or 2 person cell. I say things are tough there because it is prison and one in which a lot of the guys are there for life and the guards can get on a power trip. We must be there for and support our men, if they are doing good and stayin out of trouble, let them know how proud you are of them. A little love can and will go a LONG way. Hit me back if you have any more questions. Here to help- God Bless.

Thanks allot for your info. Gives me a little better picture of how my pp lives. He is not big on talking about his routine and such. Anything your husband can tell aobut the color levels would be appreciated.
All the best!

blountswife
10-11-2010, 03:49 PM
My husband is there and I have been there plenty of times but I have no idea what "yellow level" means. They do have a section where they house maximum security inmates maybe he is there?

My*PrinceSergai
10-12-2010, 09:30 AM
They wear bands on their wrists that are different colors. The yellow band is for the dorms in a certain building.

palaminolady
10-13-2010, 08:33 PM
I can't remember which building yellow is. Green is 19. If you are on your friends visitation list you can call and ask the warden's office if he is ok. Sometimes it takes awhile for some of the guys to write. My man is not big on writing but that is because we talk on the phone. When you write to him or he writes to you he has his building and room number on there. It would be like: 19R12 where 19 is the building and R12 would be his room. Also Mark says that it can be really bad in there but in general if you choose to stay out of trouble you can. He stays to himself alot and tries to not let things get to him. And he works, working really helps them feel more normal. But to be honest it will never be completely normal in there. My*PrinceSergai is right about sticking by him. Even if he is just a friend the more you write him and keep in touch means he has more reason to stay out of trouble. I hope you hear from him soon.

Qkitana
12-09-2010, 01:19 PM
HI MY NAME IS QKITANA AND HAVE A BOYFRIEND IN CLEMENTS UNIT. HIS NAME IS GABRIEL SERNA. I LIVE IN HOUSTON AND I WOULD LIKE TO SEE HIM IN THE 1ST WEEK OF FEBRUARY. ARE THERE ANY RESOURCES? I AM A SINGLE MOTHER ON A TIGHT BUDGET AND MY CAR WILL NOT MAKE IT TO AMARILLO.:o THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSES. *QKITTY*

Qkitana
12-16-2010, 01:10 PM
I jus wanted to know if there is sumone in Houston that has a loved one in Clements Unit so that I can have sum moral support and information bout the trip to Amarillo. I am a single mother and my boyfriend is a really wonderful guy and I want to do my best in being da best girlfriend I can be. Any advice? Help.:cool:

Qkitana
12-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Hi ms. P I see that u know alot about this situation so I wanted to know if there was any advice u can give me? anything will help for now. Thank U.
*Qkitty*

My*PrinceSergai
12-22-2010, 08:18 PM
One of my sister-in-laws lives in Houston. She has not been able to visit but maybe ya'll can carpool sometime together. There is a place real close to the Unit- The Hope Welcome Center, where you can stay for only a donation. Send me a message if you would like any more info. =)

C.Ricks'sLadii
01-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Ok My Hubby jus recently got moved here and Ive heard soo many things bout this unit but I wu like to kno some up to date info about it..cause im kinda worried bout this unit..well from wat ive beentold...and Im from Central Texass soo i need someone to carpool wit hopefully.....

hopecenter
01-10-2011, 04:26 PM
I just phoned the Clements Unit for directions from the airport in Amarillo. The person on the other end said she didnt know. I asked if they were East/West/etc. of Amarillo. She said she didnt know........The only thing I know is that the Unit is East of Loop 335 but I cant locate the Spur 591 on any map. If anyone has any information on how to get to this unit I would greatly apprieciate your reply.
Donna
Donna, It is fairly easy to get there. You can also look up NE 24th as this is the same street. From the airport just stay on that road, it will take you to I-40 you may stay on the access road if you wish, when you reach I-40 turn left and go appx. 2 miles the exit is lakeside also known as Loop 335. Turn right and go appx 3 1/2 miles and you can see the unit to your right. Turn left on spur and go almost to the end of the road to enter