View Full Version : Anyone dieting out there?

gillacuddy
07-18-2004, 02:44 AM
Hi! I am trying to lose about ten or fifteen pounds, and I am having a very hard time, because all of my friends and family are mostly overweight, and like to eat, so I dont really have a support system here.
Is anyone else struggling with their weight? I was thinking maybe if I could team up with at least one other person, I would have a better time sticking with it.

ebontortuga23
07-18-2004, 05:37 AM
I am dieting. Last July I weighed 190 pounds. I had weighed 213 pounds when my son was born in November of that year & just kind of stuck at 190. I had weighed 186 when I got pregnant, because weight just kept creeping up on me.
I now weigh 145-150 pounds (depending on the day & time). I am happy with this weight, because I haven't weighed this since I was 19, it is the weight my doctor recommended, & I like the way I look now. Now, I am just working on maintaining it.
Here's what I did: cut out fast food, any soda except diet soda, limited breads & cut all desserts. I did a workout video called "Walk Away the Pounds" for the first 6 months and then switched to a 30 minute cardio workout every other day (mostly on the machine that is sort of like skis). I watch my calories & try to keep them under 1,500 a day and I took Metabolife and other diet pills up until this month.

francis
07-18-2004, 06:42 AM
what diet pills have you found that work, and in what ways, like curb your appetite...because, now that none of them do not have ephedra...i don't know...but, also, congradulations on your healthy change...!!!

much peace
francis

California Sunshine
07-18-2004, 01:15 PM
No but I should be! My guy comes home in 4 1/2 months and I wanted to loose 15 pounds before then BUT I am soooooo lazy and unmotiveted :(
I keep telling myself Aug 1 the diet and excercise begins!!!

Wifey2Bee
07-18-2004, 03:29 PM
I am on weight watchers. I lost 15.8 lbs in 8 weeks. I am still losing.

Sam's girl
07-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Congrats to you Ashley. I was on LA weight loss last year... I didn't finish the program its very expensive. I want to lose some more weight... I lost 40 lbs. last year... I don't want to gain it back... I don't have the will power.

MurphyGirl
07-18-2004, 03:34 PM
I don't diet but I am swimming twice a day for the exercise. I don't weigh myself either so I can't say what I've lost, but people are saying that i look thinner!!

cnj1123
07-18-2004, 03:42 PM
I started Slim in 6 2 weeks ago and lost 5 lbs so far. I dont think any diet pill is going to make you lose weight and keep it off without a little bit of exercise. Congrats to ashley also.

francis
07-18-2004, 07:24 PM
no, i e exercise, and am thin...it is just that i get these really bad binges...and, so i want something that can alleviate that...cognitive approach, or distractions, behavior modification...none has worked...that is why i liked ephedra, because at those times it curbed my appetite...

congrats to all who are trying..i know it isn't ez...and sunshine...i saw your pics, you look great!!! but, i also know psychlogically there are other components to body image, food, etc.

keep the faith..
fondly-francis

cnj1123
07-18-2004, 07:33 PM
I used to use xenedrine, but I screwed up and stop taking them, but they curb your appetite and give you energy. They are like $20.00 per bottle of 90 or 100 pills.

onesweetie
07-18-2004, 08:04 PM
I use Bally's thermogenic pills and meal replacement shakes. I replace my breakfast with a shake and sometimes my lunch if I am very busy. I do cardio at least three times a week and burn between 300-600 calories per session. I also do weight training, yoga, or pilates twice a week. This plan has worked for me before and I lost 50 lbs, but I got pregnant and put on bed rest so I gained it all back. Hopefully it will work again.

billyspincess07
07-18-2004, 08:10 PM
iv taken ephedra ever since i was 17 but just like 2 months ago they banned it and ever since then iv gained 5lbs and have absolutly no energy. being depressed dosnt help either cause latley everytime im sad i eat...any sugestions??:mad:

Wifey2Bee
07-18-2004, 10:05 PM
sam's girl: i did la weightloss and could not stay with it b/c it was not realistic. try weight watchers. no food is off limits and it isn't a diet, but a lifestyle

floridamom03
07-19-2004, 08:48 AM
I Have Extra Weight From Having My Daughter I Weight 160 And Need To Me 127. A Guy At Work Told Me About Hydroxycut He Lost 40 Pounds In 2 Months. So I Started That On Saturday And I Feel Better. If Anyone Has Any Questions About It Feel Free To Pm Me

Sam's girl
07-19-2004, 09:00 AM
Thanks Ashley I'll look in to it. Yes you are right its not realistic.