View Full Version : Going To Prison and Need Help! - CA

mevrb
07-17-2004, 02:16 PM
I have been sentenced to 16 months in Prison here in California (Rancho Cucamonga court) I was sentenced on June 28 and to report on Monday, July 19th. The judge gave me 3 weeks to take care of some matters and to tend to my daughter who potentially has cervical cancer.

Anyway, this is my first time going to Prison, I am scared and do not know what to expect. Could anyone help with some info? How much time would I really be doing? Where will they send me?

Also, what are the chances of walking into that court room on Monday and asking for another week to finish up some of my personal life?

Thanks to all
V

California Sunshine
07-17-2004, 02:29 PM
I'm sorry I have no answers for you,hopefully someone will be along soon who does.I just wanted to say Hang in there and I wish you the best of luck that you get everything taken care of beforehand and your time goes by very quickly!

knpj2000
07-17-2004, 05:48 PM
V,

Are you male or female??? I don't know much about what happens when you are female, but I know about what happens when you are male. Only because myself like many others here have had their husband, boyfriend, son or a significant loved one incarcerated. I'm not sure that there is a lot of difference between male or female. Sentencing is sentencing though, and the judge probably gave you 16 months with a percentage of that time to be served. As a first time offender in California it was probably 50% depending upon the crime. Odds of getting another cruise waiver, hmmmmm not sure (another week is the cruise waiver), depends upon the judge and what you can show that you have done in the past 3 weeks. If you want to pm me and maybe I can help you some other way. I know its difficult to talk in the forums sometimes. Knpj