View Full Version : New to the site, mother is in Carswell

msmith8347
02-23-2016, 04:40 PM
My name is Michael, I am the oldest child of three and we all have children of our own. My mother has recently self surrendered to Carswell FMC, and the whole adapting to having a loved one in prison is surreal and tough. I have had to step up and keep my family sane during this and have the obligation to help comfort my step father and siblings. My mother suggested this site to me, as it was a resource that she has used to help give her insight on what she was getting ready to experience, as well as given her the opportunity to meet individuals that have loved ones in the same facility she is now in. Because this is new, I do have a few questions like how do I know if she has been placed on the Camp side, or if she is in the medical side? Im anxious to meet people who have or are going through the same thing as myself, and appreciate all of the advise, and comments. Thank you

patchouli
02-23-2016, 09:54 PM
I can't answer your questions, but do want to welcome you to PTO :) I hope your Mom is adjusting and doing well. Be sure to take time for YOU, don't let yourself become overwhelmed. I hope your Mom's journey is a safe and speedy one, for all of you.

fbopnomore
02-24-2016, 03:26 PM
Welcome to Prison Talk. Your Mom will have to tell you which prison she is in. If she was sent there because of a medical condition, she is probably in the federal medical center, FMC. The bop web page shows over 1000 inmates there, versus 300 in the camp.

Dewey89
02-25-2016, 09:01 PM
My wife arrived a few months ago on the FMC side, but not the camp. I've visited her a few times so I know some recent information.

Moonshine79
10-09-2017, 01:06 AM
My name is Michael, I am the oldest child of three and we all have children of our own. My mother has recently self surrendered to Carswell FMC, and the whole adapting to having a loved one in prison is surreal and tough. I have had to step up and keep my family sane during this and have the obligation to help comfort my step father and siblings. My mother suggested this site to me, as it was a resource that she has used to help give her insight on what she was getting ready to experience, as well as given her the opportunity to meet individuals that have loved ones in the same facility she is now in. Because this is new, I do have a few questions like how do I know if she has been placed on the Camp side, or if she is in the medical side? Im anxious to meet people who have or are going through the same thing as myself, and appreciate all of the advise, and comments. Thank you hi my mom is also there