View Full Version : Talked to the parole board....

Gemini4lif
07-09-2004, 06:41 AM
And it wasnt good news. My husband will NOT get any credit for the time he served in VA before being extradited to Georgia on his parole vioation. His time did not start until he signed the 2 year waiver, which was May 13, 2004. By then he had been locked up already for 4 months! The woman I spoke with recommeded that I speak with a lawyer to try to get that time taken off of his sentence, but other than that there was nothing she could do.

Im pissed off, but at this point I am at peace with the whole situation...It could be worse I guess, and I have been through so much in the last 7 months, there isnt much more they can do or say to make me cry again, hell I am all cried out for real. I went on the GA DOC website and they have my husband's maximum release date set at May 13, 2006, which is exactly 2 years. I wish I knew how they calculate the actual time served, doesnt GA give any time credits or anything? I know he falls under the 90% rule due to nature of his crime, so I guess he will be doing most or all of his time.

Just trying to get a grip on this situation. Any insight would be appreciated.

Patrice

angelbenham
07-09-2004, 02:55 PM
As much as it pleases God to bless you, there will be moments when everything you try goes up in smoke. There will be moments when the one you counted on most walks away and leaves you groping through blinding tears and wailing questions of why. Plans and goals can be circumvented by the most disappointing of times, leaving you learning the art of patience and the acceptance of a denied request.

T. D. Jakes

Keep your faith in God, only through him will your life turn itself around.
Matthew 7:7-8 says Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you, for everyone who asks receive; he who seeks findns; and to himwho knocks, the door will be opened.

Let us all stay strong together. I believe what ever happens in life happens for a reason. When we hit troubled crossroads, God is giving us a message to learn from.

I feel your pain. You are in my prayers along with everyone eles.

God is giving me the ability to stay strong and be patient.

Jennifer_04
07-09-2004, 11:32 PM
A big AMEN to that!!

strongernow
07-13-2004, 07:44 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about that mess. I know how frustrating it all can be. You hang in there and just love that man :) Oh, and you know we are ALWAYS here for you girl!!!!