View Full Version : Help! BF on work release and we got caught seeing each other before work!

Tree8489
05-11-2015, 09:59 AM
My boyfriend and I have been seeing one another in the morning before he goes to work. He told me it wasn't a big deal and that he wouldn't get into trouble for it. Being this is my first time with anyone in this situation (parole) I didn't know. Well this morning there was an "investigator" that showed up. He told me I wasn't allowed to be there, took a picture of my license, and registration and told me to leave. My BF called me and he told me he talked to the investigator and he doesn't think anything will happen. I guess I just want to know what could happen to him or what could happen to me if anything. Please help!

OnlyInTexas
05-11-2015, 10:02 AM
More info needed. Are you both adults? What is he on parole for?

Tree8489
05-11-2015, 10:07 AM
More info needed. Are you both adults? What is he on parole for?

Yes he is 27 and I am 26. He was in jail for two years for breaking and entering and burglary charges. He was living in a half way home while on parole but was busted for K2(?) and sent back a correctional facility. They are allowing him to go to work rather than sit there all day.

xolady
05-11-2015, 10:28 AM
Sounds like work release. You didn't do anything he did. He'll probably go to prison.

pretzellogic79
05-11-2015, 10:31 AM
If he was at his job working and you were visiting, he's most likely in trouble. This is a big no-no while on parole in Mass. He will be lucky if he doesn't wind up being violated and put back in on said violation. Sorry to say that, but I hope he dodges that bullet somehow. Good luck.

Cutepixie
05-11-2015, 11:25 AM
Maybe he'll get off with a warning? But, if he's already told you it was no big deal and the investigator is telling you it is, if you really care for him and DON'T want him to get into trouble I wouldn't go over there anymore. As some of the previous posters mentioned it could mean that he will go back to prison, and yes, that is a big deal. He has an opportunity for success and to work right now. Help him be supportive of that and ask him to be honest, even if he does really want to see you this could pose a risk where if he was put in prison you guys don't get to see each other or it's through glass. So, maybe you can talk about other way's of seeing each other and where, where he won't get in trouble. :)

Tree8489
05-11-2015, 11:29 AM
He called me after and I told him i won't go to his work anymore! I care about him so much and want nothing but the best for him and if I have to be the one to show tough love in will. He only has about 3 1/2 weeks left and then he's out. I told him to just keep his head down and do what they tell him to do. The investigator said he was there because someone said I brought him drugs but I didn't and he agreed to do a drug test too! Hopefully the honesty helps in this case. I'm praying for the best but expecting the worst so either way I'm ready. I just want this all to be over and have my man back home

NewTexGal
05-11-2015, 11:37 AM
OP-

Wow, I'd wouldn't be as calm as you sound about the investigator taking my info.

It sounds like either your boyfriend doesn't understand the rules or didn't take them seriously. What do you think?

You have now been told not to be meeting him before work. Only logical that after work would be a no-no also.

Good luck.

xolady
05-11-2015, 11:38 AM
That sucks this close to release. But hang in there, maybe the investigator will have a heart!!! I hope so.

marie8899
05-11-2015, 12:01 PM
He's lucky to have you advising him, but I think that your boyfriend's casual attitude towards the rules while on parole are a red flag. You stated he was already busted once on parole, so this would be the second time, no? Even if he gets out of this situation and is released, as long as he continues thinking he can make his own rules, he is seriously at risk of going back to prison.

blah8705
05-11-2015, 12:41 PM
3 1/2 weeks left of this?!? Oh man, I hope the PO gives him a break. Definitely tell your bf that if they decide not to violate him that he better follow each and every single one of those rules to a T. He's soooo close to being done with it. It might suck not being able to see him as often as you guys want for the next 3 1/2 weeks, but it'll be over before you know it, and it'll be worth it if he doesn't get in trouble.

Tree8489
05-11-2015, 07:09 PM
Got another call from him tonight. They sent him back to county jail to finish his time out and that's I find out tomorrow if I can still visit him or not but he thinks I will be able to. Thank god!!! I'm so glad they didn't add any time or anything. Thank you guys so much for your help and support really helped me get through today.