View Full Version : Rivers CI in Winton, NC

MrsFeazell
07-07-2004, 01:21 PM
:( Does anyone have any information on this place? I know it's on contract with BOP but I can't find anything else about it other than where it is. Can anyone help?:(

Niightdrmr
07-07-2004, 02:10 PM
Hi...
First let me say WELCOME TO PTO.... :) :) :)
I did a search for you using the engines I have, and really didnt come up with ALOT of information for this place mainly due to the fact its a private facility and its also a federal institute... there isnt alot of information out there on the federal facilities... but here is what I did find and I hope that it might help you some.... let me know if I can be of further assistance for you...

Rivers Correctional Institution
145 Parker’s Fishery Road
Winton, NC 27986
252-358-5200
Fax: 252-358-5202
Security Level: Male - low security
Facility Code: RIV

D-B Team Completes Correctional Facility
Winton, NC - The design-build team of Hensel Phelps Construction Co. and Hayes, Seay, Mattern & Mattern, Inc. has completed the Rivers Correctional Facility, a 1,450-bed, low-security male correctional facility privately operated by Wackenhut Corporate for the Federal Bureau of Prisons. The project, the first privatized Federal Prison, is located on 257 acres in Hertford County, near Winton, North Carolina. The low-security prison is designed as a 343,750-square-foot "campus."

Kelly

MrsFeazell
07-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Thank You Sooooo Much!!!!

DallasTX
04-10-2006, 01:54 PM
HI, I was curious if you were able to find out any other info on this facility (Rivers in Winton NC). My fiancé will be going there on April 18th, 2006. I will be driving him there from Dallas TX. Is he aloud to take anything in with him? Such as, clothes, hygiene’s, etc. Also, what am I loud to send via mail? Do you know if they have access to computers and if they can communicate by email? Any information would be helpful. Thanks so much, Lori

MsAkbar
04-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Hi Dallas,

All you can bring is his person. You can also give him money (unlimited) to put on his books. Not sure about the e-mail, but during reception they will tell him the do's and don'ts.

HI, I was curious if you were able to find out any other info on this facility (Rivers in Winton NC). My fiancé will be going there on April 18th, 2006. I will be driving him there from Dallas TX. Is he aloud to take anything in with him? Such as, clothes, hygiene’s, etc. Also, what am I loud to send via mail? Do you know if they have access to computers and if they can communicate by email? Any information would be helpful. Thanks so much, Lori

pinche201
09-04-2010, 01:00 PM
how can i find out when an inmate will be released. do you think they will give me information if i call the number. thanks:confused:

roysprincess
09-05-2010, 07:26 AM
how can i find out when an inmate will be released. do you think they will give me information if i call the number. thanks:confused:

The best thing to do is go to the following link:

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/offendersearch.do?method=view

From there you can enter the name or OPUS # and it will bring you to their page...You can find alot of the information that you are asking about on there...Hope this helps! :)

09-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Rivers is a Federal facility - the NC DOC web pages will not have his information.

BOP locator may help - the titles of information are:

Name
Register #
Sex
Release Date (Actual or Projected)
http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/LocateInmate.jsp

Dutchflyer
10-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Can anyone send me more info on this facility. I am SS on November 9th 2011, and can't find any info.
thanks