View Full Version : Anyone with men in Pine River??

imisshim101
07-04-2004, 09:50 AM
Hello recently my man was shipped from reception to Pine River C.F in ST. LOUIS. I really don't have a lot of information on this place. I anyone has information on about what there telephone calls cost from there, or what the visits are like. Please post. I'm getting worried also because i sent out my visitors application 2 weeks ago.

imisshim101
07-07-2004, 09:05 PM
I finally got to see my baby today, it's been a month and 2 weeks. Ah, it was a great feeling to hug and kiss him. The guards were quite rude. They new it was both of our first visits, and we didn't quite know what was going on.

deb
07-07-2004, 09:26 PM
I'm sorry the guards were like that.... ((hugs)) and I hope it gets better... I'm glad you got to see him!

Deb

imisshim101
07-22-2004, 09:25 PM
Yeah, my visits have gone much smoother. THe guards aren't always harrassing us. We laugh and cry together which is something i've honestly never seen my man do. It's so much better now.. Thanks everyone.

MichMom
07-24-2004, 04:44 PM
My son is there also. Today was our first visit and it went very well. It is a much nicer environment than the Genesee County Jail in Flint. The staff was nice and I was glad to see that the visitors area was very clean, roomy and they even had games and toys for inmate's children. I didn't know what to expect and I was very relieved at what we saw.

mrsphyl
07-24-2004, 10:02 PM
Hi,

My son was transferred to Pine River last Tuesday. If you could give me some info on visitation, I would appreciate it.

I haven't gotten the paperwork to visit him yet, but as soon as I get the papers, I will be going to see him.

He says he doesn't like it. I am praying for him, and sending him encouraging letters. I can't help but worry about him. He's only 21 and not the rough type. I told him to mind is own business, but don't show weakness. If someone tries to attack him to fight back. I hope I advised him right.

Phyllis

DENIMBLUE
07-24-2004, 10:26 PM
Welcome to PTO...MichMom & mrsphyl. :)

You have found a great place for support and information...

MichMom
07-25-2004, 06:37 AM
I am sorry that your son is having a hard time with this ordeal. This is his first( and only I hope) stint in prison. Visitation times are Monday-Friday from 2:30-8:30 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10 am- 8pm I believe. David is in a dorm type set up with 5 other inmates as most of them are . He hasn't been approached with any unwanted sexual overtures or violent behavior by anyone. Of course it is prison but he's trying to take advantage of any opportunities that are available to him. He seems to be doing okay. I was glad to finally see him yesterday. Having never been to a prison we weren't sure of what to do but the staff was friendly and walked us through check in, the lockers etc. You can get change in the lobby and can purchase picture tickets for $2.00 each, do that BEFORE you are taken back to visit and snacks, soda, coffee, pizza, and sandwiches are available for purchase in the visiting area. They have someone that comes around and asks if you have picture tickets and will take your pictures in front of a mural on the back wall of the visiting area. You can't take anything to the visiting area with you except for your ID, picture tickets, change, and your locker key. You go through a metal detector, are patted down, and have to remove your shoes and socks for a quick check. It is a relatively quick procedure and not bad. The visiting area is very clean and bright, you can have appropriate physical contact-I got to hug my kid!!!-and it is soooo much more relaxed than a visit at the county jail. Once you get your approval papers, call the facility first to make sure that they have you are on the computer. One of the guards told us that. It was a journey that I was dreading because I didn't know what to expect once we got there but I'm glad that I went and look forward to seeing my son again soon.

mrsphyl
07-25-2004, 08:11 PM
Thank you so much Michigan Mom for your helpful information. I was so anxious not knowing what to expect. Now, with your enlightenment, I feel much better. My son called me this evening and he is in much better spirits. It was so good to hear his voice! He was very upbeat and has made up his mind to make the best of the situation. You know as moms when our children hurt, we hurt and want to do whatever we can to take the pain away. I can't wait to see his smiling face and give him a hug.

patteegwiz
08-27-2005, 02:47 PM
hey there my husband has been in Pine River for 2 years and will be out june 2006
its not that bad of a place as far as prisons go lol seen one seen em all :>)

mrsphyl
08-27-2005, 08:35 PM
Welcome Patteegwiz!!
You will find the PTO family very friendly, supportive and very helpful. I found Pine River to be much better than I had expected. It's clean and the staff is friendly (especially the female CO's). My son has adjusted quite well. He has been there for a year now, and says the guys treat him with respect. He pretty much minds his own business. He saw the Parole Board on the 2nd of August, and got a deferral until he completes his class, and the Board receives the Psyc report. This Wednesday is the last day of class, so hopefully we will hear something soon. He is 6 months past his ERD.

robbiesgirl05
12-07-2005, 08:32 PM
My fiancee was transferred to Pine River less than a week ago from Egeler. He's called twice, and today told me his counselor has received my visitor application. We have not seen each other for almost 6 weeks. He says the place seems ok, well, as far as places like that go. His ERD is February 2007. He has no prior convictions of anything What are the odds of getting parolled, if all classes are taken, on his ERD? On visitations, how much time do you get to spend with them? Neither one of us has ever been thru anything like this. It's been almost 5 months since I have been able to hug him, and look forward to it immensely. Do they give you a hard time about that? Any information would be greatly appreciated....

Robert's lady
12-30-2005, 02:19 PM
YES my man is also in pine river. And I am going in may for a visit. Any of you also? Happy 2006 !!!

hisdarklilangel
01-01-2006, 05:52 PM
mine is now at pine river!

babytaz8679
01-22-2006, 08:27 PM
me and my hubbys visit went well the first time i went to pine river even one of the co's helped me out with some things they were really nice to me

thugluvin
01-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Hello Pine River Prison Family My Baby Is Also In There. They Were Cool About Our Visit. I Finally Got My Sons Name On The List So Now I'm Trying To Get Back Up There. I Was Looking Forward To This Week. If Anyone Is Headed That Way I've Got Half On The Gas. My Son Is A Month Old And He's Going Too. Please Call Me At 313-897-7196 I'm In Detroit. My Name Is Evette. My Mans Name Is Craig.