View Full Version : confusing news

angelbenham
07-02-2004, 06:38 PM
Have not talked to my husband for a couple of days, until today, He called to let me know they have sent him to Coffee Correctional facility, inwhich I laughed, because we were hoping he would be sent closer to home until he is released. Now instead of 3 hours away he is about 6 to 7 hours away, exactly 16 miles from Jacksonville Florida---:angry: Am I dreaming or what?

strongernow
07-02-2004, 08:22 PM
Sorry to hear he is getting moved so far away .... that really stinks!
((((((hugs))))) hang in there girl!

lilivoryangel
07-02-2004, 08:36 PM
WOW-that stinks! But at least he's at a correctional facility instead of a state prison...I guess....everything has pros and cons. 16 miles from Jax---how insane! You might as well go on to the beach when you go down to see him.

angelbenham
07-02-2004, 10:32 PM
dummy me, I did not know their is a difference between correctional facility and a state prison, I thought they were the same.

1dayatatime
07-03-2004, 09:55 AM
Angel,
Thats where my person is, it is definataley a long ride!!! Where are you? Because its about 5 hours from me if I am not mistaken. Its really strange getting there it's in a podunk town and you go thru a little subdivison kind-of and(pass a bunch of house and traliors) and then sits a huge prison. There are only 2 restaurants in the actual town the prison is in. Its privately owned and there are no hotels in the actual town the prison is in. Be careful mailing money orders becuse we still have two , well now three missing in action totalling 140.00 he mother sent them. Goodluck.

oNE

lilivoryangel
07-03-2004, 06:26 PM
Well, I guess the state prisons and the CIs are all under the DOC and some are private. The CIs are minimum security with people with short sentences or who are completing long sentences and getting ready to go home in the near future. I think they tend to be a little more laid back. In my haste to encourage you I may have read your post too quickly, I now see it says correctional facility and I am not sure if that is the same as a CI.....so DUMMY ME! I am still learning!