View Full Version : Death row inmate Christa Pike convicted of attacking fellow inmate.

softheart
07-02-2004, 01:36 PM
July 1, 2004

NASHVILLE (AP) -- A death row inmate has been
convicted of trying to strangle a fellow inmate at the
Tennessee Prison for Women.

The crime involved Tennessee's most notorious female
prisoners. A jury in Nashville found Christa Gail Pike
guilty. The 28-year-old inmate will be sentenced
later.

Pike, of Durham, North Carolina, is under sentence of
death in the torture killing of fellow Job Corps
student Coleen Slemmer on the University of Tennessee
agricultural campus in Knoxville.

Prosecutors say Slemmer was stabbed and beaten for at
least 30 minutes by Pike and her boyfriend, Tadaryl
Shipp in 1995.

Pike will be sentenced later on the new conviction of
attempted first-degree murder. Authorities say inmate
Patricia Jones was unconscious when Gail was pulled
off of her.

Throughout the trial, Pike's lawyers maintained their
client was acting in defense of a third inmate,
Natasha Cornett, whom Jones had threatened numerous
times.

Cornett is serving three life sentences for leading a
group of Kentucky teenagers to kidnap a family at a
Greene County rest stop in 1997 and kill the parents
and one young child.

Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights
Reserved.

susan the finn
07-03-2004, 04:04 AM
Sad news... I was wondering if any of you people who wrote to miss Pike never heard of her? Did she answer to any of you?

Susan

Kermit
07-05-2004, 11:08 AM
Sad news... I was wondering if any of you people who wrote to miss Pike never heard of her? Did she answer to any of you?

Susan

Yes, Christa already wrote several letters to me. We are in very close contact. Usually she's very bad in writing letters since she made bad experiences with pen-friends in the past. Some published her letters online or offered them in the internet for sale. :(

I only can say the very best about Christa. The bad news about her are out of the past, the whole lot.
The new conviction is because of an incident that happened in 2001. That's 3 years ago. You won't find any bad news about Christa regarding the recent years.
At that time the incident in 2001 happened she did not get the right medication. Christa has several mental disorders. Thus, the medication has to be correct, but in 2001 it wasn't since nobody took care about her.

I visited Christa several times personally and I consider her as one of my dearest friends. We are in close contact for several years now and I never would like to miss her anymore. :)

Christa loves to get many cards and letters but she herself is not good at writing or answering.
But to brighten her days a little bit and to make her smile is very important in her situation.

Therefore - even if the media tries to illustrate her as a monster, that's not the truth.
Christa is just a normal young woman, full of emotions and desires as everyone of us. She is neither a monster nor an angel.

She made terrible mistakes in the past but she pays for that every day and night.

simplyamazed
01-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Well all i can say about this matter is what I have read. I do not know Christa Pike personally. But what i do know about what she has done, i have no desire to get to know her. Yes she is portrayed as a monster, that is a name she deserves to have. I will not send her cards of encouragement, can i send a card of encouragement to colleen slemmer? She may have been young, and some say shes probally crazy. But during the brutal slaying of colleen, she actually sated she walked away to see if someone was coming. Thats not the actions of someone who doesnt realize what they are doing. Some people want to use her up bringing as her excuse for the choices she has made. Well does that mean that every molested child will grow up and be a child molester, does that mean that every child who has witnessed there father beating on there mother will grow up to be an abusive spouse, I dont think so. We all are given the chance to make our own choices. My up bringing was not good. Worse than what i know about Christa's. But I'm not going out and brutually taking someones life. Instead I went to school, college, and made something of myself. I have a wonderful job and a great family. Christa's made her bed. She needs to lie in it, until Ms. Slemmers family can finally come to peace and Christa is put to death. Im sorry if i have offeneded anyone. But it saddens me to see so many people support someone who is nothing more than a monster. And i belive calling her a monster and what she done hidious is an understatement

PSMITH3127
01-14-2005, 11:12 PM
Simply Amazed... I Am Totally Behind You On This One!! I Just Read All I Could Read Online About This Female And I Cannot Believe The Evil!!i Am Not Normally An Advocate Of The Death Penalty, But In This Case I Would Have To Make An Exception... I Feel For The Victim's Family, May They One Day Have Some Kind Of Closure... What A Senseless Crime!! And No Remorse At All!! Wow... :(

kezcat
01-14-2005, 11:20 PM
Please don't forget that PTO is a support site and as such it is important to remember that friends and family of Christa Pike may visit here for support.
Thank you.

titantoo
01-15-2005, 12:11 AM
"Some published her letters online or offered them in the internet for sale."

Trivial here perhaps but I feel compelled to mention it.
How awful to be a penpal with a deathrow prisoner so you can publish or sell their letters!

Ebony's spice
01-15-2005, 01:23 AM
"until Ms. Slemmers family can finally come to peace and Christa is put to death"

It saddens me that a family could find PEACE in someone's death. That is very sad for them if that is true - what a way to heal - watching someone die. I'm not even going to go into the mentality of that one.....

No one is 100% purely evil. They may be mentally ill, A LOT evil, on and on, but there IS good in everyone - even if it is a very small part. It doesn't mean they're safe in society or anything like that, don't get me wrong. However......Obviously one of the posters above sees that small part - the good part. She is to be commended for looking at a sick human being and recognizing the good that is also there.

As a deathrow inmate said, once you have committed such a heinous crime, no good you ever did before or will ever do again, will be recognized. You will just forevermore be a monster. How sad.

If/when she is put to death, I hope the family can forgive themselves someday for the joy they got out of it.

MrCoffee
01-16-2005, 04:56 AM
It is sad that this altercation happened between Christa Pike and Patricia Jones. Unfortunately, this is going to make it much more difficult for Christa during her appeals process. I had once anticipated a possible commutation on account of Christa's age and the fact that she is a female, but it's looking more doubtful with each incident that takes place there in prison. What can possibly be done for Christa at this point?

MrCoffee

DaveMoff
07-19-2005, 11:32 PM
No, I have never received any responses to several letters and cards I have sent to Christa Pike. If she is concerned about people selling her letters I can certainly understand--the main person who has been up to this sort of thing that I know of is a fellow named Ken Karnig who maintains a web site URL Removed please see PTO Rules and Policies. Until I, along with supporters of another prisoner managed to get the sale of such things banned, he was selling prisoners letters and similar items on eBay under the name "Supernaught". If Ms. Pike is not familiar with his name, she might want to watch out for him--he doesn't deserve the time of day.

No one can condone or ignore Christa Pike's crimes. However, it is difficult not to conclude that she was suffering from serious mental difficulties (including, I believe, drug addiction) at the time and that some of these may well be going untreated, which I believe represent "extenuating circumstances". She has been removed from society and will never again represent a threat to the public. What more will be accomplished by her death?

I cannot sympathize to a great degree with Christa Pike (though to be honest, if she wanted something I could provide, I'd be happy to provide it). Neither can I bring myself to believe that any criminal, however vicious the crime, should be put to death. Alive, she may well contribute something to society someday--who can say? Dead, all anyone can do is fill a burial plot.

So Kermit, do give her my good wishes if you wish to and if she would like another pen pal, I'll be happy to write to her again and offer my solemn promise that her words will be kept in strictest confidence. I am a Universalist minister--if she has any interest in spiritual matters I will be happy to answer any question or offer gentle suggestions.

Kermit
07-20-2005, 06:36 AM
Thanks for your understanding, DaveMoff. :)

Well, it's not unusual to get no reply from Christa. As I already stated she's
not good at writing.
Besides that she doesn't think she has anything interesting to tell.

Anyway, she really appreciates all cards and letters she receives.

I don't wanna comment on her current situation. This is a public forum
and you'll never know who reads your postings. Time has taught us better to be distrustful than too confident. ;)
But be sure her attorneys and friends care about Christa and try to protect her against anything.

Certainly I'll give her your good wishes and greetings. Maybe she'll send
you a reply someday.

By the way: You're certainly able to help Christa by NOT believing all that nasty stuff some people try to vulgarize online. Even if that "news" is at least 4 years old several people present it as spectacular new stuff and dwell upon that subject.
That way those daubers are at least able to present yellow press articles from 2001 and older as radical new conclusions. You can call it "cheap propaganda"! :mad: And the effect is that basically unprejudiced people could be influenced concerning Christa's person by such rubbish.

Never forget: At that time she did NOT get any appropriate medication!!

However, the "real" Christa is quite different!! Be sure!!! I visited
her again a few weeks ago and it was just great - as usual!! I would never
forsake her and already look forward to see her again!! :thumbsup:

Take care! :)

DaveMoff
07-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Believe me, I understand perfectly, Kermit. There are obviously many, many things in any ongoing appeal process that must remain private, and you are to be commended for doing so.

I can assure you that I don't read "true crime" books or regard the contents of same as anything more than lurid yellow journalism at best, cheap fiction at worst. Patricia Springer, who I believe wrote a book about Christa Pike, is one of the worst offenders in this area. I honestly wouldn't trust a word she writes apart from getting some of the names right and identifying the location correctly.

It sounds to me as you have far more insight here than any "true crime writer" ever could, and I very much appreciate your taking the time to write what you did. I send you and Ms. Pike every good wish.

softheart
09-08-2005, 01:22 PM
Please do remember PTO is a place for support, we are not here to decide if someone is guilty or not or deserves their punishment or not. If you have comments or questions that is fine, but do keep them within the scope of our policies and rules. And do keep them respectful to others.

Thank You
softie

babygirl350
09-08-2005, 01:42 PM
I would hope that all circumstances and evidence will prevail in the sentencing. Hopefully, the best possible outcome for all concerned. Mental Illness is indeed a tragedy and untreated mental illness should be a crime in itself. There just is no excuse for it. All of my best to all concerned. Prayers and positive thoughts being sent up to all involved.

philomom
11-04-2005, 11:15 PM
She deserves whatever she gets however I also do not beleive in the death penalty , I think a more fitting crime for crista would be to be totally isolated from everyone and have the food pushed under her door once a day and have the walls covered with pictures of ms slemmers family and ms slemmer herself to slowly go made , that seems right don't you agree ?

DaveMoff
11-04-2005, 11:40 PM
Sensory deprivation is already a major component of imprisonment. I don't know Christa Pike, and no particular opinion about her except that I do not believe society will be enriched in the slightest by her death. Nor would it receive any benefit by subjecting her to conditions likely to unbalance her mind (which would then require additional prison personnel and expenses to keep her under control, the end result most likely being that she end up feeling no remorse or pain at all).

I'm not sure who got the idea that being in prison, especially maximum security, is anything resembling a cakewalk. Particularly a high-profile case like Ms. Pike's exposes the perpetrator to the risk of attack and harassment by other inmates, which often leads to them being kept in "segregation", that is, solitary. An acquaintance who was recently offered the choice of life without parole or execution has chosen the latter if her appeals do not work out. What sort of life must one have behind bars to make such a decision? I don't think it's something that we on the outside can comprehend.

Christa Pike committed a terrible crime--there seems no doubt about it, and no excuse for it. But if we as a society are to treat her as she treated her victim, how can we possibly regard ourselves as morally superior?

Friends4ever
11-24-2005, 04:08 AM
What an evil thing to say - I defiantly do not hope anyone would do that to anyone!

She deserves whatever she gets however I also do not beleive in the death penalty , I think a more fitting crime for crista would be to be totally isolated from everyone and have the food pushed under her door once a day and have the walls covered with pictures of ms slemmers family and ms slemmer herself to slowly go made , that seems right don't you agree ?

Friends4ever
11-24-2005, 04:11 AM
I'm sorry - but this does sort of offend me.

Is this the right forum to be stating these beliefs?
Don't get me wrong - I'm all for the right to speak your mind - but what good does it do.

Well all i can say about this matter is what I have read. I do not know Christa Pike personally. But what i do know about what she has done, i have no desire to get to know her. Yes she is portrayed as a monster, that is a name she deserves to have. I will not send her cards of encouragement, can i send a card of encouragement to colleen slemmer? She may have been young, and some say shes probally crazy. But during the brutal slaying of colleen, she actually sated she walked away to see if someone was coming. Thats not the actions of someone who doesnt realize what they are doing. Some people want to use her up bringing as her excuse for the choices she has made. Well does that mean that every molested child will grow up and be a child molester, does that mean that every child who has witnessed there father beating on there mother will grow up to be an abusive spouse, I dont think so. We all are given the chance to make our own choices. My up bringing was not good. Worse than what i know about Christa's. But I'm not going out and brutually taking someones life. Instead I went to school, college, and made something of myself. I have a wonderful job and a great family. Christa's made her bed. She needs to lie in it, until Ms. Slemmers family can finally come to peace and Christa is put to death. Im sorry if i have offeneded anyone. But it saddens me to see so many people support someone who is nothing more than a monster. And i belive calling her a monster and what she done hidious is an understatement

Kermit
11-24-2005, 04:28 AM
Well spoken, Friends4ever!!

On one side this is not the correct place for such a kind of statements. On the other side: What did Christa do to those who spread their hate against her??

Let's pray that never anything like that will happen to any friend or family member of those posters.

techietype
11-24-2005, 07:53 AM
If ever there is a person who meets the definition of criminally insane, it is Christa Pike. The mental illnesses that drove her to commit her crimes are very real, and something for which she never asked. I wonder how well the people calling for her death would do if they were so afflicted.

That said, she is a very dangerous person who should probably never be allowed out of prison. Although I do not want to see anyone executed, it is very important to protect society from dangerous people. I hope that Christa gets the treatment for her mental illnesses that she needs and is kept from harming others. Let Christa spend the rest of her life in a safe place. Hopefully, she and the families of her victims will find peace some day.

Friends4ever
11-24-2005, 08:00 AM
I agree 100% with you.

Mental illness is like breaking a leg or needing glasses - and what I mean by that is: No one asks for it - whether you break a leg or is mental ill.

If ever there is a person who meets the definition of criminally insane, it is Christa Pike. The mental illnesses that drove her to commit her crimes are very real, and something for which she never asked. I wonder how well the people calling for her death would do if they were so afflicted.

That said, she is a very dangerous person who should probably never be allowed out of prison. Although I do not want to see anyone executed, it is very important to protect society from dangerous people. I hope that Christa gets the treatment for her mental illnesses that she needs and is kept from harming others. Let Christa spend the rest of her life in a safe place. Hopefully, she and the families of her victims will find peace some day.

Friends4ever
11-24-2005, 08:03 AM
And now that we are on the subject - I don't get why they put mentally ill people in prison instead of treating them for their disorder.

My boyfriend tells me - that on his pod - there is a guy who's very ill (mentally) and needs help.
He was his own attorney and called; Jesus, J. F. K. and himself as witnesses.
Does that not give someone an indication of that he needs help - not prison?

susan the finn
11-24-2005, 11:00 AM
OMG, that sounds awful!:(

I have been wondering the same, we don't try mentally ill persons in this country and almost everybody are mentally examinated before sentencing (those who commit murder, rape or other serious crime). Mentally ill belong to hospital, not to prison!

chatterboxchick
11-25-2005, 10:23 PM
when i read about what some people have done to others...its a nowonder we have capital punishment, i think some people have no compassion for others, no-one has the right to take the life of another...:(

chatterboxchick

Friends4ever
11-26-2005, 08:15 AM
So why should the state be allowed? Who can play God and decide when it's time for someone to go.
And then again - I think of the innocent people who gets executed in the name of justice - to me it's simply barbaric.

Don't get me wrong - I have the deepest sympathy for the victims and their family's - but killing someone - will not bring anyone back.

when i read about what some people have done to others...its a nowonder we have capital punishment, i think some people have no compassion for others, no-one has the right to take the life of another...:(

chatterboxchick

billy's angell
11-26-2005, 12:02 PM
i have a question how can i read bout christa pike any info on her and i dont think its right for some people to to cast judgement on others i think thats god job so lets leave that to him remember every body has an opoinion so lets respect that even if we dont agree we all are human we all make mistakes and everybody on this website should no that first hand cause that why we are here the people that are closest to us are so very human

softheart
11-27-2005, 12:23 PM
PTO is a place for support. We are not here to judge if a person is guilty or not or should or should not be in prison. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you can't be supportive in a thread then do not post in that thread.

softheart
PTO Super Moderator

starguy
04-28-2008, 12:51 AM
WOW. Like WOW. I was, where Christa is now. In a prison cell, where I surely was going to die, at the receiving end of all the worlds judgmental hatred and scorn. Strung up and burned alive as a modern day witch. No joke. Now, however, I am some place else, some place safe, some place where I belong and want to be, and where I can write all I want to you. So maybe I can put my own personal perspective on this. If I had given up, as fatigued and exhausted as I was, I would be dead today.

Bizarre shit happens in reality. I mean, really, really bizarre things; you never, ever see them coming. Its so bizarre, its almost like a dream, its surreal, like a nightmare happening in real time in reality. It always comes out of the blue, touches down like a tornado, and leaves untold wanton damage. It always happens on a beautiful day.

This is not my story, but I can make up a thousand such examples to illustrate how you could just as easily find yourself in Christas shoes.

Imagine this. Your life is going as it is, tomarrow is another day. You pick up your kids from school, have to zip by Walmart to get some milk and groceries and other odds and ends, the kids are begging you for McDonald's, you are asking them about their homework and how their day went, but you are thinking about some report at the office you've been working on. Coming off the offramp, some guy plows into your minivan in the side, throwing your kids around like rag dolls. Broken glass everhwhere, the world slows down. You are freaked beyond compare. One has blood running down his face, his eyes are pointing in wild directions. The other is coherent, scratched up, but crying. Cars are driving past dangerously close. You cut yourself on the glass trying to get them free of the bloody seatbelts, there's blood all over you. You're screaming at the other drive. And just like that, from nowhere, your life is about to be changed forever. The other driver feels terrible, he's trying to help you, but all you are doing is screaming at him to stay away. You can't get the buckle undone, he tries to help you, but you are so mad at him for ruining your day, for hurting your babies, for getting in the way, you push him, and the last thing you see are his eyes and his face as he tumbles back into traffic and is hit by a car and thrown a hundred feet down the road.

The jury sees it as cold blooded murder. That's how the prosecutor painted it. Even painted the wreck as your fault. A cell phone was found in the car with a call about the same time, maybe you were distracted, talking on the phone. Etc. You're in a prison cell. Not only have you lost your babies, you're whole life screeched to a halt, you have no idea how this train of events ensued, and suddenly made you the star actor in this macabre story. And your life is over. There's some freak crack head as your roommate in your prison cell, asking you to pull shotgun bullets out of her skin.

I can tell you a lot what its like in that prison cell... the sensory deprivation, the noise that drowns out your very thoughts, the claustrophobia, the stupidity... constant stupidity... the injustice... the anger that brews inside of you... and resentment... something inside of you dies after about a year and a half, no matter how hard you fight it... man was not built to survive in such a place. Eventually you want absolutely nothing more to do with humanity. You X yourself out just like Charles Manson did from society. Sounds funny, huh, you, a previous soccer mom.

You're not part of the world anymore. Not even part of the prison, because you reject it. You escape into your dreams and into yourself at night. You build a tent with your covers and hide under them, so you see nothing but covers, and then its easy to believe you are back home. You miss home like nothing before. You walk around carrying pictures of it. You long to touch a tree. You're family comes to visit you every two weeks, to keep you alive, because the food is garbage in there. They offer to buy you anything of candy out of the vending machines, but you want none of it, you are starving for protein, buy me a fake hamburger from them. Or two.

You know, most of the food we eat in America, is toxic.... the softdrinks, which are prevalent, are loaded with caffeine, and sugar, which depletes the body and mind of vitamins and minerals it needs to function properly, and the caffeine as you drink more of it makes you violent and angry. We are stressed, we are fatigued, we are abused, we are stressed by the school system, we are hungry, we are tired, all these things... in a toxic world.... its not hard to see that most of what has been passed off onto the individual holding them to be responsible for their actions 24/7, is impossible... in our toxic, polluted world. As a diabetic, I've had to learn 80% of the food in a grocery store is not food at all, but total toxic crap. Its not hard to believe that anything could be affecting her thought processes and deteriorating them at the moment she was swept up in the course of events of where she is today. Stupid idea in her head, something on television, way too much caffeine, marijuana, maybe even some drugs not even mentioned that are way worse...

While I was in prison I sat with murderers every day, to the left and to the right of me, and they are just people like you and me... in fact, I felt far safer with them... totally safe actually... no, the dangerous scary people were the ones who had grown up on the street as hustlers... stupid and crude and retarded. The murderers were people who in some weird moment of passion, got swept up in some weird chain of events of reality that lead to someone being killed.

And there were a lot of mental patients in there who didn't belong. I can think of no place worse than to put someone with mental illness. The place creates mental illness. You can have a Masters Degree and be super smart, but prison will wear youd own, it will turn you mad... and make you stupid. Your brain can't fight concrete and steel, its unyielding, just as if left out in the middle of the ocean, you can swim for a while, but eventually, the ocean will win and you will go under. It requires no effort for the ocean, but for you, you're muscles will grow weary and you won't be able to fight any more and you will go under.

Christa is in a place right now, where she will stand, to chose to divorce herself from humanity, and be forever seperated from it, or to stay with it. I myself, quit the program. I had family, friends, everybody write to me, send me beautiful things into a place where there was no beauty at all... but it was not enough. I myself died in there. I went under. That was many years ago, but today I walk around with a voice inside my head, that constantly repeats... I hate everybody, I don't want anything to do with humanity ever again.

And so I tend my flowers, and my trees, and my plants. They never hurt anybody. And all they ever want was what I wanted all my life... just to be left alone.

So you can burn Christa at the stake if you want to. As far as I know, the United States Government, and the State of Tennessee, have done far, far, greater crimes... (do a google search for American State Terrorism, and the Trail of Tears, for starters... oh yeah, and there was that whole Civil War thing to uphold slavery, and the concentration type prison camps in TN where prisoners died en masse). No, compared to their crimes, Christa, even if she is the worst any of you would make her out to be, is a saint compared to both those fictional entities. She's killed one... they have killed thousands of civilians (Oakridge TN Nuclear Bomb project, Hiroshima, Nagasaki... 300,000 men, women, and children melted and vaporirzed... ring a bell?).

I myself will stand with Christa, even though i don't know her, and defend her, when nobody else will. Because I've walked a mile in her shoes, where my own death was imminent and inevitable, to die in such a horrible place. These assholes who get up on their high horse and preach their sanctimonious shit, like their hands and their souls are clean and without sin... well, I got news for them. Their arrogance begs reality to make them the next target of its twisted spin. I chastise them only as a warning, to hold their tongue and protect themselves, and preach nor judge not, for I do not yet more tornadoes to touch down and take more humans down the path of destruction. Tornadoes are like that, they touch down, and the justice system is a farce, it does nothing to bring justice or healing, it only widens and spreads the damage to profit.

To the mother of the girl that was killed... what happened, was horrible. But this, it does not bring your girl back. It will not bring you satisfaction. Your anger will only burn, like resentment continues to burn in me, because you can not turn back time, you can not fight or stop and event that is already written. Its vexing and frustrating and it makes you want to cry, it makes you mad, it makes you just want to give up and lay down in some damn ditch and die. But this justice... system... is not... justice. Not only is one girl dead, but now two. Killing one girl, will not bring back the other, it will only double the suffering. Its already been multiplied a thousand times.

Christa needs to be released. And if there is to be justice, if she wants there to be justice, if you want there to be justice, she should be given the chance to do something, anything, to make it up to the other family. And they should give her a chance to do so. As a wise buddah said, anger is like a hot coal that you grasp ever tighter, wanting to throw at somebody. In the end, the only one that gets burned is you. Anger can never cease through more anger, or hatred through more hatred, or suffering through more suffering. Anger can only cease through love.

Its something my own heart, can not find the strength to believe in. But then, it is too late for me. Maybe, just maybe, it is not too late for the rest of you, caught up in this tornado of events of that fateful day, that reciprocates even now through history like a bad dream, its wavelets spreading out to touch me, even so very far away at the other end of the internet universe....

(do a search on youtube for a video 'psychetruth wisdom of the buddha'... I watch Sarah Swofford in the video over and over again, to try and understand the pain in my own heart... and how I could ever let go)

Janey
04-28-2008, 10:43 AM
No, I have never received any responses to several letters and cards I have sent to Christa Pike. If she is concerned about people selling her letters I can certainly understand--the main person who has been up to this sort of thing that I know of is a fellow named Ken Karnig who maintains a web site URL Removed please see PTO Rules and Policies. Until I, along with supporters of another prisoner managed to get the sale of such things banned, he was selling prisoners letters and similar items on eBay under the name "Supernaught". If Ms. Pike is not familiar with his name, she might want to watch out for him--he doesn't deserve the time of day.

Is there a thread on here for this subject or similar? Have looked but cannot see anything. Just wondering, as it is something that piques my curiosity, in that whilst it is bad that there are people selling this 'murder memorabilia' stuff, it kinda makes you wonder exactly WHO is buying it and WHY and I feel we should be just as anxious to curb the buyers as the sellers.
I always think that if there were no demand for such a thing there would be no sellers y'know?
Makes you think.
Anyway I will keep looking through the forum, my sincere apologies if it is here and I haven't seen it! ( can't see for lookin' sometimes :) )

Cheers/Slainte

Janey

Janey
04-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Update:

I have found several threads/posts on what I was looking for...

Janey

DaveMoff
04-28-2008, 10:55 AM
No idea whether the phenomenon of "murderabilia" has a thread anywhere on PTO, but I find it utterly incomprehensible. The fellow I mentioned above has an entire page of Charles Manson-related items, including dirt from one of the ranches he and his group stayed at. He also sells dirt from the site of Ed Gein's home, paintings by John Wayne Gacy, and material of pretty much every variety from all manner of high-profile prisoners, primarily murderers.

As you say, someone must buy the stuff or most likely he wouldn't keep his site running (at least, I presume it is still running). I do often wonder who the buyers might be, however. I just don't get it, myself. Of course, I don't understand why Charles Manson t-shirts and similar items are a perennial best-seller. I mean.....what's the appeal?

Janey
04-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Thankyou, yes I found some sites by the search keyword 'murder memorabilia'.
Yes it beggars belief at times that some people will buy stuff like that...I have been in the company of people before who think it is 'wow!' and 'excellent!' (their own words) that they can own a nail clipping or whatever from someone who committed a heinous crime.
I would love to do a study on such people...it would be a good one.
Anyway I have digressed off the original post about Ms Pike so apologies all.

Janey :)

DaveMoff
04-28-2008, 02:07 PM
In truth I have long wanted a lock of hair from my friend, not because she is an accused criminal but for old-fashioned sentimental reasons. Not sure that everyone would understand. She is unable to send anything of the sort, so it's a moot point anyway.

J_Noon
04-28-2008, 02:16 PM
I do not see how big of a difference there is in writing to "celebrity" killers, or collecting "celebrity" killers' items.

DaveMoff
04-28-2008, 02:22 PM
I would say the difference lies in motive. If you write to a high-profile criminal in the hope of getting an autograph (and surely, some people do), that's no different than buying something from the web sites mentioned above. Some of us here may have gone through that stage at some point. That said, there are a lot of people on this site who have deeply moving relationships with inmates, some of them of very long duration, some of them involving not only the barriers between prison and the outside but national boundaries as well.

It's impossible for me at least to lump anyone in the latter situation in with "collectors". We may be impractical, quixotic, and likely candidates for prayers to Saint Jude, but we're in it for the long haul. And in it for the heart, not for the wallet.

Janey
04-28-2008, 02:27 PM
I do not see how big of a difference there is in writing to "celebrity" killers, or collecting "celebrity" killers' items.

I agree. If I ever get sufficiently motivated enough to do some serious research on the collectors of memorabilia I would also include those who deliberately seek to write the celeb killers.

Janey
04-28-2008, 02:31 PM
In truth I have long wanted a lock of hair from my friend, not because she is an accused criminal but for old-fashioned sentimental reasons. Not sure that everyone would understand. She is unable to send anything of the sort, so it's a moot point anyway.

I totally understand that actually, it is such a lovely thing to do if you cannot be with someone physically.

:)

luvssks
04-28-2008, 07:29 PM
I've written a few serial killers, primarily out of morbid fascination. And, I've "collected" thier artwork, because the ones who have sent me art, welll... are talented. I have not, nor will I ever SELL any of the items I've collected, nor will I ever BUY any from any of the murderabilia sites. I'm not against it, but it's not my thing to sell/buy...I'd rather develop a relationship of sorts with the person instead. My dearest friend, Daniel, was one that I wrote to, and he and I became very close...I loved him dearly. Of course, he has recently passed, and I will never forget him. So, tho I do collect out of morbid curiousity, my intentions are not meant to be demeaning or offensive to anyone, and I do value the relationships I have developed in the past years.

With that said...I don't think murderabilia should be illegal, nor do I think it is "wrong". The way I see it, to each their own. It's not my thing, but neither is collecting "Nazi" memorabilia, but I'm sure some ppl do it. :shrug: Do I think that should be illegal? No. Do I agree with it? Not in the least, obviously. I can name quite a few sites that deal in murderabilia...supernaught, daisy7, and murderauction are the main ones. (The guy that runs murderauction...well, without going into details, 'cuz that will take forever...he is scum, a liar, and far worse...what he's put me and others thru due to his lies...*shaking head*). The way I see it...if you don't like it, don't google it or go looking for it. I don't like the "Nazi" thing, so I don't go looking for it, and therefore have not come across any. :shrug:

wimpy77
05-06-2008, 01:45 AM
WOW. Like WOW. I was, where Christa is now. In a prison cell, where I surely was going to die, at the receiving end of all the worlds judgmental hatred and scorn. Strung up and burned alive as a modern day witch. No joke. Now, however, I am some place else, some place safe, some place where I belong and want to be, and where I can write all I want to you. So maybe I can put my own personal perspective on this. If I had given up, as fatigued and exhausted as I was, I would be dead today.

Bizarre shit happens in reality. I mean, really, really bizarre things; you never, ever see them coming. Its so bizarre, its almost like a dream, its surreal, like a nightmare happening in real time in reality. It always comes out of the blue, touches down like a tornado, and leaves untold wanton damage. It always happens on a beautiful day.

This is not my story, but I can make up a thousand such examples to illustrate how you could just as easily find yourself in Christas shoes.

Imagine this. Your life is going as it is, tomarrow is another day. You pick up your kids from school, have to zip by Walmart to get some milk and groceries and other odds and ends, the kids are begging you for McDonald's, you are asking them about their homework and how their day went, but you are thinking about some report at the office you've been working on. Coming off the offramp, some guy plows into your minivan in the side, throwing your kids around like rag dolls. Broken glass everhwhere, the world slows down. You are freaked beyond compare. One has blood running down his face, his eyes are pointing in wild directions. The other is coherent, scratched up, but crying. Cars are driving past dangerously close. You cut yourself on the glass trying to get them free of the bloody seatbelts, there's blood all over you. You're screaming at the other drive. And just like that, from nowhere, your life is about to be changed forever. The other driver feels terrible, he's trying to help you, but all you are doing is screaming at him to stay away. You can't get the buckle undone, he tries to help you, but you are so mad at him for ruining your day, for hurting your babies, for getting in the way, you push him, and the last thing you see are his eyes and his face as he tumbles back into traffic and is hit by a car and thrown a hundred feet down the road.

The jury sees it as cold blooded murder. That's how the prosecutor painted it. Even painted the wreck as your fault. A cell phone was found in the car with a call about the same time, maybe you were distracted, talking on the phone. Etc. You're in a prison cell. Not only have you lost your babies, you're whole life screeched to a halt, you have no idea how this train of events ensued, and suddenly made you the star actor in this macabre story. And your life is over. There's some freak crack head as your roommate in your prison cell, asking you to pull shotgun bullets out of her skin.

I can tell you a lot what its like in that prison cell... the sensory deprivation, the noise that drowns out your very thoughts, the claustrophobia, the stupidity... constant stupidity... the injustice... the anger that brews inside of you... and resentment... something inside of you dies after about a year and a half, no matter how hard you fight it... man was not built to survive in such a place. Eventually you want absolutely nothing more to do with humanity. You X yourself out just like Charles Manson did from society. Sounds funny, huh, you, a previous soccer mom.

You're not part of the world anymore. Not even part of the prison, because you reject it. You escape into your dreams and into yourself at night. You build a tent with your covers and hide under them, so you see nothing but covers, and then its easy to believe you are back home. You miss home like nothing before. You walk around carrying pictures of it. You long to touch a tree. You're family comes to visit you every two weeks, to keep you alive, because the food is garbage in there. They offer to buy you anything of candy out of the vending machines, but you want none of it, you are starving for protein, buy me a fake hamburger from them. Or two.

You know, most of the food we eat in America, is toxic.... the softdrinks, which are prevalent, are loaded with caffeine, and sugar, which depletes the body and mind of vitamins and minerals it needs to function properly, and the caffeine as you drink more of it makes you violent and angry. We are stressed, we are fatigued, we are abused, we are stressed by the school system, we are hungry, we are tired, all these things... in a toxic world.... its not hard to see that most of what has been passed off onto the individual holding them to be responsible for their actions 24/7, is impossible... in our toxic, polluted world. As a diabetic, I've had to learn 80% of the food in a grocery store is not food at all, but total toxic crap. Its not hard to believe that anything could be affecting her thought processes and deteriorating them at the moment she was swept up in the course of events of where she is today. Stupid idea in her head, something on television, way too much caffeine, marijuana, maybe even some drugs not even mentioned that are way worse...

While I was in prison I sat with murderers every day, to the left and to the right of me, and they are just people like you and me... in fact, I felt far safer with them... totally safe actually... no, the dangerous scary people were the ones who had grown up on the street as hustlers... stupid and crude and retarded. The murderers were people who in some weird moment of passion, got swept up in some weird chain of events of reality that lead to someone being killed.

And there were a lot of mental patients in there who didn't belong. I can think of no place worse than to put someone with mental illness. The place creates mental illness. You can have a Masters Degree and be super smart, but prison will wear youd own, it will turn you mad... and make you stupid. Your brain can't fight concrete and steel, its unyielding, just as if left out in the middle of the ocean, you can swim for a while, but eventually, the ocean will win and you will go under. It requires no effort for the ocean, but for you, you're muscles will grow weary and you won't be able to fight any more and you will go under.

Christa is in a place right now, where she will stand, to chose to divorce herself from humanity, and be forever seperated from it, or to stay with it. I myself, quit the program. I had family, friends, everybody write to me, send me beautiful things into a place where there was no beauty at all... but it was not enough. I myself died in there. I went under. That was many years ago, but today I walk around with a voice inside my head, that constantly repeats... I hate everybody, I don't want anything to do with humanity ever again.

And so I tend my flowers, and my trees, and my plants. They never hurt anybody. And all they ever want was what I wanted all my life... just to be left alone.

So you can burn Christa at the stake if you want to. As far as I know, the United States Government, and the State of Tennessee, have done far, far, greater crimes... (do a google search for American State Terrorism, and the Trail of Tears, for starters... oh yeah, and there was that whole Civil War thing to uphold slavery, and the concentration type prison camps in TN where prisoners died en masse). No, compared to their crimes, Christa, even if she is the worst any of you would make her out to be, is a saint compared to both those fictional entities. She's killed one... they have killed thousands of civilians (Oakridge TN Nuclear Bomb project, Hiroshima, Nagasaki... 300,000 men, women, and children melted and vaporirzed... ring a bell?).

I myself will stand with Christa, even though i don't know her, and defend her, when nobody else will. Because I've walked a mile in her shoes, where my own death was imminent and inevitable, to die in such a horrible place. These assholes who get up on their high horse and preach their sanctimonious shit, like their hands and their souls are clean and without sin... well, I got news for them. Their arrogance begs reality to make them the next target of its twisted spin. I chastise them only as a warning, to hold their tongue and protect themselves, and preach nor judge not, for I do not yet more tornadoes to touch down and take more humans down the path of destruction. Tornadoes are like that, they touch down, and the justice system is a farce, it does nothing to bring justice or healing, it only widens and spreads the damage to profit.

To the mother of the girl that was killed... what happened, was horrible. But this, it does not bring your girl back. It will not bring you satisfaction. Your anger will only burn, like resentment continues to burn in me, because you can not turn back time, you can not fight or stop and event that is already written. Its vexing and frustrating and it makes you want to cry, it makes you mad, it makes you just want to give up and lay down in some damn ditch and die. But this justice... system... is not... justice. Not only is one girl dead, but now two. Killing one girl, will not bring back the other, it will only double the suffering. Its already been multiplied a thousand times.

Christa needs to be released. And if there is to be justice, if she wants there to be justice, if you want there to be justice, she should be given the chance to do something, anything, to make it up to the other family. And they should give her a chance to do so. As a wise buddah said, anger is like a hot coal that you grasp ever tighter, wanting to throw at somebody. In the end, the only one that gets burned is you. Anger can never cease through more anger, or hatred through more hatred, or suffering through more suffering. Anger can only cease through love.

Its something my own heart, can not find the strength to believe in. But then, it is too late for me. Maybe, just maybe, it is not too late for the rest of you, caught up in this tornado of events of that fateful day, that reciprocates even now through history like a bad dream, its wavelets spreading out to touch me, even so very far away at the other end of the internet universe....

(do a search on youtube for a video 'psychetruth wisdom of the buddha'... I watch Sarah Swofford in the video over and over again, to try and understand the pain in my own heart... and how I could ever let go)

reading your post..i have to say you are either a sympathizer of murders or a complete idiot. what christa pike did was murder an innocent person. SHE SHOULD NOT BE RELEASED FROM PRISON. she should spent every day for the rest of her life in prison. people who murder people for no reason...death is too easy and that's what most of them want. to die so they dont have to live with what they have done.

Janey
05-06-2008, 05:07 PM
I've written a few serial killers, primarily out of morbid fascination. And, I've "collected" thier artwork, because the ones who have sent me art, welll... are talented. I have not, nor will I ever SELL any of the items I've collected, nor will I ever BUY any from any of the murderabilia sites. I'm not against it, but it's not my thing to sell/buy...I'd rather develop a relationship of sorts with the person instead. My dearest friend, Daniel, was one that I wrote to, and he and I became very close...I loved him dearly. Of course, he has recently passed, and I will never forget him. So, tho I do collect out of morbid curiousity, my intentions are not meant to be demeaning or offensive to anyone, and I do value the relationships I have developed in the past years.

With that said...I don't think murderabilia should be illegal, nor do I think it is "wrong". The way I see it, to each their own. It's not my thing, but neither is collecting "Nazi" memorabilia, but I'm sure some ppl do it. :shrug: Do I think that should be illegal? No. Do I agree with it? Not in the least, obviously. I can name quite a few sites that deal in murderabilia...supernaught, daisy7, and murderauction are the main ones. (The guy that runs murderauction...well, without going into details, 'cuz that will take forever...he is scum, a liar, and far worse...what he's put me and others thru due to his lies...*shaking head*). The way I see it...if you don't like it, don't google it or go looking for it. I don't like the "Nazi" thing, so I don't go looking for it, and therefore have not come across any. :shrug:

I'm sorry your friend passed away and thankyou for sharing your thoughts on 'murderabilia'.

Janey :)

DaveMoff
05-06-2008, 07:17 PM
This may not be entirely relevant, but I recall reading some years ago that one of the world's leading collectors of Nazi documents and autographs was/is Jewish. Asked about the obvious irony and why he took such an interest in his collection, he replied: "it's like having the head of the hunter on the wall instead of the hunted".

As I said, not a parallel situation, but possibly some insight into the thought behind it.

Janey
05-07-2008, 07:42 AM
This may not be entirely relevant, but I recall reading some years ago that one of the world's leading collectors of Nazi documents and autographs was/is Jewish. Asked about the obvious irony and why he took such an interest in his collection, he replied: "it's like having the head of the hunter on the wall instead of the hunted".

As I said, not a parallel situation, but possibly some insight into the thought behind it.

I wonder what his reasoning was behind his statement? I can't figure it out. I mean I know about a hunter having an animal ( he had despatched ) 'trophy' on his wall, but what about the Jewish collector?...is it perhaps to signify that he has triumphed over the Nazis' persecution of his kind by having the coj*nes to possess their symbols etc in his house or what ? Is that a triumph? Is it kinda like the recovering alcoholic who hasn't had a drink in 10 years keeping a bottle of whiskey in his house and taking it out every now and then to look at it ? I don't know, I'm only guessing. :confused: ....
Janey

Janey
05-07-2008, 07:45 AM
Totally off topic again.....oops....

ThyProof
05-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Didn't Christa Pike actually want her appeals dropped at one time or another? I could be thinking about some other Female Death Inmate.

Beachluver
05-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Didn't Christa Pike actually want her appeals dropped at one time or another? I could be thinking about some other Female Death Inmate.

You are correct.

angelbaby72
11-28-2009, 07:43 PM
You know,I just saw the case on ID where Pike killed the job corps girl,and I can't believe she did that.But I still disagree with the death penalty.I think she should be in max security prison for the rest of her life.And believe me,I am so against murder.My sister was murdered by her hubby in 2002 and that was the worst thing in my life,until now.My baby broither and fahter in federal prison for crack charges,4.12 grams to be exact.But none of us believe in murder.

Brian'slady
07-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Why should she get off because she is a female?! I see real trials and the females get off or real little sentences while the male gets long sentences. Sometimes even when the female did the actual killing/crime! I also notice the cops or people will say,"She was such a pretty girl", and they are gung -ho to find the killer. It's like it's worse if you are pretty(or usually young, skinny, half-naked) and get raped or killed. I've never heard anyone say, That's so awful! She was such an ugly girl. Or old or fat. Ya gotta body and share and you can LITERALLY get away with murder. It's ridiculous!!! And I think people CAN be messed up if they have been raised bad! Everyone has a different brain. They can go thru the same thing and have different traits because of it. NO ONE can say they went thru a worse childhood and came out fine and so should others!!! We ALL have different reactions and abilities and react differntly. I was raped, but didn't become a slut or ho like a lot of girls do. But I can still see why another girl would! I don't say,"Well, I was raped and I'M NOT a ho." Ot affects each one differently. I DO wish they would try to help themselves,tho. Try talking or a counselor or meds if that helps. I just like it better when someone tries. And I believe some may try very hard and still not be able to change. But there again, each is different.

It is sad that this altercation happened between Christa Pike and Patricia Jones. Unfortunately, this is going to make it much more difficult for Christa during her appeals process. I had once anticipated a possible commutation on account of Christa's age and the fact that she is a female, but it's looking more doubtful with each incident that takes place there in prison. What can possibly be done for Christa at this point?

MrCoffee

Brian'slady
07-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Saying someone did something wrong is NOT judging them. That's just saying,"You did something wrong." When a cop gives a person a ticket, he isn't judging you. He's just saying you did something wrong, you broke the law. If you believe in God, then she broke God's law and man's law. If not, then she still broke man's law. It's the way people always say,"God loves the sinner, but hates the sin." True. I love my kids and punished them when they broke my rules. I never thought of it as judging them.And I didn't quit loving them because they did something bad. A lot of people use that as an excuse because they don't want to be told they are doing something bad/wrong. They don't want to be accused and it's TRUE. So they always say,"You're JUDGING me." No, just saying what you did was wrong/bad. A lot of people can't admit they did something wrong/bad.

i have a question how can i read bout christa pike any info on her and i dont think its right for some people to to cast judgement on others i think thats god job so lets leave that to him remember every body has an opoinion so lets respect that even if we dont agree we all are human we all make mistakes and everybody on this website should no that first hand cause that why we are here the people that are closest to us are so very human

yourself
07-04-2010, 07:50 PM
I lived in Knoxville, right near UT when this crime happened. The fact of the matter is that Ms. Pike was a very young, very inexperienced person at the time of the crime. We're also talking Job Corps students, both as perps and as the victim. We're talking young people who didn't have really nice home lives before going to Job Corps. Should she get off because she's female? No. She should do life because she was young, and stupid, and in love, and had no real foundation in life. I would also hope for a chance for parole. But, then, I hope that for all young people who are defined by one horrific act committed as a teenager.

DaveMoff
07-05-2010, 01:28 AM
I don't believe anyone has stated on this forum that Christa Pike should "get off" (she has been in prison how long now and certainly is not behaving in a manner which would lead a parole board, if applicable, to consider her release). I have not seen anyone claiming that she did not do anything wrong. This is a support forum, not a baiting forum. If you are going to attempt to start arguments, at least begin your efforts with a statement that has some basis in fact. And if you truly are only able to see and think in black and white (e.g., the insinuated "Christa Pike will either be executed or released, nothing else is possible"), you might want to consider therapy. You'll get a lot more out of life.

Brian'slady
07-05-2010, 02:19 AM
Correction: She shouldn't get a commutation because she is female. Women want everything like a man, let them take the punishment like a man. Murder is murder, no matter which sex committed it. In a way it is worse if a woman does it. Most women are nurturers and have that built in protection thing like a mama bear with her cubs. Even young girls. But maybe not with the young kids today, a lot of them are more violent and less caring, and selfish.

DaveMoff
07-05-2010, 02:35 AM
Apparently your God only blesses the people you want him to? You must have quite an opinion of yourself.

What were you correcting? And what were you responding to? You post bears no connection to any of those which precede it and looks more like a rant on a pro-dp site than anything else. Must say that I don't have much time for your stereotypes about women either, and I doubt that most of the women here will either.

This is a support site, not a debate site. Mind, it is a fine place for "debaters" to make fools of themselves as so many insist on doing. Why is it that they always think they are the first person to come up with an idea?

Brian'slady
07-05-2010, 02:46 AM
You said no one said she should get off which is what I said in my post, so I was correcting that. I was replying to the statement that she should get a commutation which could be a reduction in sentence, not getting out or a dismisal or even released. The reply had the other person's post right on it, so you can see it says a commutation because she is female. Gee, are you in love with this person?! Sounds like a lot of us girls when we first meet an inmate and are in love. Then later we find out they aren't so nice afterall, and are usually guilty, and we change our tune. But sometimes we still love him anyway. We just don't defend him so strongly. At least not for the crime he DID commit.

Brian'slady
07-05-2010, 02:49 AM
Here it is again.

MrCoffee

Brian'slady
07-05-2010, 03:01 AM
God blesses whomever He please, I have nothing to do with what He does. I ASK Him to bless people. He can or not - His decision. I didn't say if I was for the DP or not, you are assuming. My posts have the posts I am replying to right on them. Guess you missed that. If someone has a mental illness I am more for counseling, meds, whatever can help them, not death. Now you KNOW what I think about the DP. In the case of cold hearted people who have no feelings - maybe. Which is she? None of us know. Some people are good fakers for years or their whole lives.

Joy
07-05-2010, 08:50 AM
I get SO tired of people saying things like this.."people have been through much worse and didn't murder". You have said it so right, every person is different and we cannot all react or act the same way. Everyone should be judged on their own and not compared to others. Many, many times have I said "there go I but by the grace of God".

! And I think people CAN be messed up if they have been raised bad! Everyone has a different brain. They can go thru the same thing and have different traits because of it. NO ONE can say they went thru a worse childhood and came out fine and so should others!!! We ALL have different reactions and abilities and react differntly. I was raped, but didn't become a slut or ho like a lot of girls do. But I can still see why another girl would! I don't say,"Well, I was raped and I'M NOT a ho." Ot affects each one differently. I DO wish they would try to help themselves,tho. Try talking or a counselor or meds if that helps. I just like it better when someone tries. And I believe some may try very hard and still not be able to change. But there again, each is different.

pj663
07-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Members just a gentle reminder what our community purpose is about. Prisoner & Family Support. PTO is not a forum open to debating whether or not anyone should be in prison etc. Let's keep it clean familes. Thank you in advance.

DaveMoff
07-05-2010, 11:30 AM
A commutation is not "getting off". Many prisoners, for example, have had their death sentences commuted to life in prison. Lesser offenders have received other sentence adjustments as "commutations".

"Gee, are you in love with this person?! Sounds like a lot of us girls when we first meet an inmate and are in love."

I think that says more about the poster than it does about the topic of this thread. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Brian'slady
07-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Gee, I already corrected that, too, by saying it DOESN"T mean they get off. And yes, it did happen to me. I met someone who said they were innocent, they had changed, they were good, etc.. Most MWIs have had it happen to them. It can happen to ANYONE, even YOU!!! But it only happened to me ONCE!!! Now I don't believe anything any of them say, without proof. I'm strictly a PP or nothing, and I'm not even a PP right now. I have a relationship with one man. I don't PP with anyone if I'm in a relationship. You sure are defensive. Makes you look guilty of something. I have NO problem admiting I was stupid and believed a lying,using inmate. Others on here admit it,too. Others just disappear after awhile and we know they were finding out the truth, and either left the person or the person left them. Nothing to be ashamed of, not when it's love. Everyone has probably loved the wrong person at sometime, and even more than once.

You said no one said she should get off which is what I said in my post, so I was correcting that. I was replying to the statement that she should get a commutation which could be a reduction in sentence, not getting out or a dismisal or even released. The reply had the other person's post right on it, so you can see it says a commutation because she is female. Gee, are you in love with this person?! Sounds like a lot of us girls when we first meet an inmate and are in love. Then later we find out they aren't so nice afterall, and are usually guilty, and we change our tune. But sometimes we still love him anyway. We just don't defend him so strongly. At least not for the crime he DID commit.

mammastalkin
07-05-2010, 12:35 PM
I think that everyone has had their say here. I'm sure all PTO members hope for the best for Christa, her family, and her supporters.

pj663
07-05-2010, 12:41 PM
I agree I'm closing the thread.