View Full Version : FCI Danbury - looking for info, Mother sentenced today

birneygirl
12-19-2014, 07:43 PM
Hi all - mother was sentenced today and will be self surrendering in the next 2 months - awaiting notification as to where but likely Danbury. Would appreciate any info on what to expect - thanks!

Wsr5187
12-20-2014, 08:59 AM
My wife is at Danbury.... Been there for six months another 12 to go.... She is in the camp.... It is safe so don't worry..... It is an older camp though.... The biggest thing my wife complains about his being bored..... She does work though in plumbing now... There are a few classes for her but not a lot...... The food varies from terrible to good..... It is overcapacity though..... So there are long lines for everything..... I wish you and your mother the best.... It's hard but manageable....

fbopnomore
12-20-2014, 09:00 AM
Welcome to Prison Talk. You can read the inmate rules (A&O Handbook) and visiting information on the bop's Danbury web page. The commissary list is there too.
http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/dan/

To find information from other members who are familiar with the conditions for female prisoners, check the (huge, 35 pages of posts) Women's federal prison camps sticky too.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50568&page=35

birneygirl
01-30-2015, 03:02 PM
Just found out that my mom will ss to Danbury next week - the info on here has been so helpful and has helped make her a lot less stressed out. Any recent specific info would be greatly appreciated.

Wsr5187
01-30-2015, 04:41 PM
Being able to self surrender is the best thing possible for your mom.... I had to take my wife there and I we had to go to the correctional Institute we got to hug and kiss and hold hands then she goes back in the back room and then I left... I dropped her off on a Tuesday around 10 o'clock in the morning and I heard from her Wednesday about 9:30 AM by email..... The first few days will be rough by the time she gets her items she needs from the commissary.... There's a group of ladies that help out with newbies.... I just talk to my wife on the phone here a few minutes ago.... We have 339 days more to go.... She is doing fine she still works in plumbing got to change some faucets today and Innoway kind of enjoys working there.... She has become pretty good friends with a couple people and they help the time go by.... It is safe the guards are fair.... There are a few people That like to stir trouble at times yes but your mom will find out for the good people are..... Once your mom gets a new routine gets assigned a job as long as they can stay busy it is okay there.... Ther is nothing to worry about..... There's a lot of good ladies in there That just made a terrible mistake like my wife did.... Of course being away from family is the hardest part....she will be fine.....

Zelda50
01-30-2015, 11:30 PM
From the news reports about the "Real Housewife" who went to the camp, there are lots of plumbing problems that need fixing, so your wife should be staying quite busy, Wsr!! And being busy in prison is a good thing!