View Full Version : Parole with no place to go?

Schab33
12-13-2014, 10:29 PM
My son will be eligible foe parole in April but he will have no place to go I am his Mom and I currently live in Texas and I am not willing to relocate. he wants me to call sober houses for him for when he gets released do they not have case workers for this? I have this huge list of places I found on line some say they only take referrals from caseworkers detoxes ect .. I have no idea where to start! I would hate to see him stuck in there any longer than he has to be but I really don't think I am going to be able to find him a place to live on my own? He is North Darthmouth now ...anyone have any advice he can't be the only one that has needed housing assistance!

patchouli
12-14-2014, 06:55 PM
If your son has no approved homeplan, he'll be moved to a halfway house that the DOC chooses to send him to...one that has a DOC contract.

However, if you are willing to let him parole there with you, he can apply for Interstate Compact from Massachusetts to Texas. Its a long process with a timeline for filing. Your son should ask his caseworker for the paperwork, and inquire about the process/timeline for filing. If approved, he can come to your place in Texas at release.

Good luck!! Welcome to PTO :)

Schab33
12-14-2014, 09:42 PM
I have heard some mixed things lately about them ..honestly he is a bit scared go figured he is in jail but more frightened of a half way house ... He is in a drug program in jail ..I was told the interstate transfer takes to long and it would not be easy ..

patchouli
12-15-2014, 06:13 PM
Just like anything else, some halfway houses are better than others.

If he isn't eligible for parole until April, he has plenty of time to file for Interstate Compact.

Schab33
12-17-2014, 05:52 AM
So do I file prior? He thought I may have to wait until he actually gets parole

nimuay
12-17-2014, 10:44 AM
He will have to talk to his counselor/case manager and get the ball rolling. You can't.