View Full Version : my son gets sentenced this morning

deb
11-26-2002, 06:10 AM
I just needed to share with someone. My son gets sentenced this morning. We're getting ready to leave now. He could get anything from probation to 10 years. He was in a car with a group of boys and they stopped so 2 of the boys could "take a piss" and the 2 went and broke into a bar and stole 2 bottles of booze---well the ones in the car were charged too as they were there whether they knew what was happening or not---which all 4 maintain they did not. They charged all 6 with breaking and entering but let the 4 plea bargain. It's all up to the judge. I'm telling myself to calm down and just see what happens. I can't imagine visiting my husband and my just turned 18 year old both. Zach just left for school crying......worried about Chris and knowing he may not be here when he gets home from school. My mother in law is going to court with us. Anyway, I just needed to share...please send good thoughts. If he could just get probation or even boot camp.....but 10 years???? He's been in special ed his entire life for learning disabilities and is very easily influenced..... Anyway....gotta go

Deb

Cameo
11-26-2002, 06:56 AM
Deb my prayers and thoughts are with you and your son today. If this is his first serious offense he'll hopefully get probation.

We're all here for you, stay strong!

Pamela

Phil in Paris
11-26-2002, 06:58 AM
Oh Deb

I'm really really sorry to learn what you Zach and Chris are going through.
I will keep all of you in my thoughts, and hope for the best.
Good luck and my best wishes
Philippe

Joy
11-26-2002, 07:03 AM
Deb,

You never know what is going to happen, hopefully you will get a judge that understands kids and is willing to help instead of punish. Will be thinking about you this morning and let us know what happens.

Joy

Lucrisid
11-26-2002, 07:23 AM
Dear Deb...

I will be keeping my fingers crossed! Let us know as soon as you can!

Best of luck...

Tanya

Budwoman
11-26-2002, 07:45 AM
DEAR DEB

MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU.... I HOPE THAT THINGS ARE GOING WELL FOR YOU.... IF YOUR SON HAS NEVER BEEN IN TROUBLE BEFORE, THINGS WILL PROBABLY GO WELL FOR HIM BUT, HE BETTER NEVER GET IN TROUBLE AGAIN...

I KNOW THE HURT AND CONFUSTION YOU FEEL RIGHT NOW. I HAVE BEEN THERE THREE TIMES WITH MY OWN SON. HE IS IN PRISON FOR 50 YEARS THIS TIME. BUT, HE IS STILL MY LITTLE BOY AND I LOVE HIM DEARLY.

MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU CHILD. PRAY AND KEEP YOUR HOPES UP. GOD DOES NOT GIVE US MORE THAN WE CAN HANDLE.

MY PRAYERS AND LOVE
DONNA

emme
11-26-2002, 07:48 AM
deb, i am so rooting for all of you, and sending special thoughts, and hoping for the best...please let us know what happens.

love,
emme

lulu
11-26-2002, 08:40 AM
my heart goes out to you and your family,,

SHERRON
11-26-2002, 01:01 PM
DEB, WISHING YOU AND YOUR SON THE BEST, SHERRON

sherri13
11-26-2002, 02:09 PM
Deb- I hope all goes well. I agree with those that said if this is his first offense he will probably get probation. Please let us know how it goes. You are in my prayers.

Amelia
11-26-2002, 02:33 PM
I just saw this and I pray things went well for you al...let us know.

knuffiwelt1
11-26-2002, 03:52 PM
I am sooo sorry to listen ...wishing you and your son all the best ~ Sabine ~~

deb
11-26-2002, 04:04 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes and good thoughts and prayers all of you sent our way. Chris got a one year delayed sentence----so he has some pretty basic things to do and if he fulfills them in the year he has a clean record. Nothing will be on there! If he doesn't or if he violates probation he gets sentenced and he is looking at 2-10 with a felony record.

To me it's a "no-brainer" as far as what he should do and not do. He's an 18 year old with an attitude that his dad died for "no reason" (heart attack) and his step dad is in for something he didn't do therefore it doesn't matter what you do and anything can happen. He's still upset he even got arrested and doesn't feel he did anything wrong. So----

I just hope it sinks in and he does what he's supposed to do and I really hope that if he doesn't---I don't take on guilt and/or freak. I need to let go and I need to be supportive, but not enable. This is going to be rough on me. My mother in law was with us and heard everything Chris vented so I told her to "remind me of all this when he gets in trouble again....." She told me she was "filing it...." Anyway, thanks. It's all up to him now. He needs to finish his GED, get a job, pay the court costs and fines ($972.?), stay out of places that serve alcohol, stay away from people that get into trouble or have a record, see his probation officer once a month, and stay away from anyone that uses any drugs or alcohol. Like I said, pretty basic.

Deb

kmeg
11-26-2002, 04:49 PM
That is great Deb! All the best to you and Chris!! He will do good :D Take Care!!
CJ

lulu
11-26-2002, 05:12 PM
Deb that is great news,,,best wishes to you and your family

SHERRON
11-26-2002, 06:00 PM
DEB, GREAT NEWS!!!!! MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET HIM TO GO THROUGH PTO WITH YOU OR GET HIM TO JOIN! MAYBE THAT WOULD HELP HIM, SHERRON

emme
11-26-2002, 07:24 PM
i'm glad to hear that your outcome is positive...i wish you all the best...

Valerie
11-26-2002, 09:56 PM
Thats good news Deb, hopefully he's afraid of jail and will do everything he has to do to stay out.

Phil in Paris
11-27-2002, 05:12 AM
Wow this is good news Deb!!! :fb:

Hey Chris !! Stay out of trouble !! Think of your Mom and Zach, they love you !!!
All the best
Philippe

KRIS_NC
11-27-2002, 07:58 AM
HEY DEB GREAT NEWS.IM HAPPY FOR YOU.WISH YOU THE BEST!!!

Amelia
11-27-2002, 09:51 AM
I am happy things turned out well and I will keep you all in my prayers for this year....GOOD LUCK CHRIS!!

Budwoman
11-29-2002, 12:32 PM
Deb

With all my heart I sincerely hope this sinks into Chris's head too. There is no one responsible for our actions except us ourselves.... We must suffer the consequences. There is no one and nothing responsible for the way we act.

I wish my son too had realized many years ago what he needed to do. It could be possible for him to be playing Professional Football at this point. But, instead, he ruined his life.

Chris, if you never listen to another thing your Mother is telling you, Please son, listen to her now. She will save your life if lyou will let her.

Deb, Let him go into Loving a Violent Offender and let him read my and Butch's Story. Butch was 24 years old at this situation. He is 37 now. He was 18 years old the first time he went to prison. He served 1 1/2 years and then came home. Most of his adult life has been spent in prison. This has always been that he has never accepted his role in the situations that have happened. He has always wanted to place blame on someone else.

My Prayers
Donna

JoeysMom
11-29-2002, 05:31 PM
I am happy for you!!!!!

cchilds3862
11-29-2002, 07:15 PM
Deb,

Great news! I will pray for your son to stay out of trouble. As a few of the other members mentioned, have your son visit this site and read some of the threads. I think it would be beneficial to him. Take care!1 PEACE!

Pam
11-29-2002, 08:36 PM
Congratulations Deb.