View Full Version : HELLO??! 6/27/04 GA Check in!

Jennifer_04
06-26-2004, 11:36 PM
Hey, where is everyone at? what's up with everyone? Pam, you've been quiet lately, any news on the phone front? SOOOOOO.........what's up everyone??

As for me, I'm alright;)

Jennifer

Willssweetie
06-27-2004, 08:15 AM
Nothin much going on here. Just rain, rain and more rain. Had to go renew my CPR card Saturday(oh what fun) then I popped over to a neighboring town to do some shopping. Found some bargains...wooohooo! Will is doing alright. He should be shipping out any day now. Jackson DX doesn't have A/C so basically the inmates have been baking. Will did tell me they did start to pass out ice during the day. Guess they don't want any of the inmates to die from heat stroke. Will did have a terrible tooth ache last weekend. The guard took him to see the nurse. Will said she was sssoooo rude and unhelpful. The guard even apologized when he took Will back to his cell! Later on this same guard brought Will a grievence sheet and had him fill it out. Then the guard signed it. The guard told Will he did not know what good it would do, but I thought it was a nice gesture anyways. Well that's all my news. What about everyone else? :)

strongernow
06-27-2004, 10:16 AM
I guess it has been a while since we checked in!!! I forgot since I was out of twon last weekend!

As for me..... I've been soooooooooooo busy!!! Our final decision to move me and the kids back to GA is official :) I put in my 2 week notice at work last Wednesday and have started packing up the house. What a mess it is here! But I'm really making some progress now. I just have to finish going through clothes... yuck! I'm making myself get rid of all the things I haven't worn in a long time and also the things I need to realize I probably will never wear again, LOL!!! I'm going to have a moving sale next weekend to make some money to help pay for the U-Haul. I have already sold a few pieces of furniture htat I have been wanting to replace for so long and this is the perfect opportunity to finally get rid of them!
Chris got a travel pass for one week from his PO so he will fly up next weekend to help me pack and we will get to spend time together with our friends up here before we move. I think we are going to have a 4th of July grill out/party with our neighbors so that should be fun.
I will be moving down the GA on the 11th, so I won't be online that weekend again, but we do have a computer at Dad's house where we will be staying until we find a new place down there. I have several interviews lined up already the first couple of days after I move, so I am pretty hopeful about being back to work fairly soon after the move. I sure hope so!!! I am not the type to stay at home.

Well, sorry to babble! I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer! It's still chilly here in Wisconsin and it's almost July! What a crock!!!! I am getting very excited to be back home around all my family and where it's hot!!! i will check in again before my baby gets here next weekend, you know we will be busy *wink wink* :D

Charliesgirl
06-27-2004, 11:20 AM
Hi All
No Jennifer, still no calls. Ive been hounding CBS, they keep saying that the line is clear. Charlie says in his letters he cant get thru. I just emailed CBS again, and let loose. Its been a very emotional week here. My nephew left for Iraq and I cant stop crying over that. Please pray for him and all the other soliders too. No letter form Charlie either. I feel like Im losing everything important.
But on a happy note, let us all be happy for Stronger and her family. SHe has done so much for all of us here, Im SO glad that she has good news in her life!!!! Whats up with you Jennifer?? You all have a great Sunday.

tonyskajungirl
06-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Hello ladies,
Well not much to brag about here. No letters in over 2 weeks and he is still at Jackson. The interview went well so he told his mom when she visited Thursday. He told her that the guy told him that he could be going anyday now? Going where is my question? He also asked him "IF" he was moved if he had a preference of where he would go??? He said he stressed "IF" ? Who knows what that might mean? He said he does not have stamps and envelopes allthough he never mentioned it to me? Just quit writing? Men??? I dont know what is wrong with him? Well I guess I do look where he is....and He is really worried about the upcoming court date for his grandsons custody, it is Tuesday. Please keep us in your prayers.
As for everyone else you all seem to be getting pretty good news regularly around here. Maybe I will be next....:confused:

Everyone have a good weekend!

Kat
06-27-2004, 01:40 PM
Hello everyone,I am leaving on wednesday to the great State od Ga.I dont know how this visit will go :( wish me luck.You all have a safe week..

strongernow
06-27-2004, 03:46 PM
klyn....
thinking of you hun ((((((hugs))))))

Have a safe trip... you will be on my mind! Call me if things get bad while you are down there and I will come rescue you!!! :)

angelbenham
06-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Hello everyone

Went to see my husband about a week ago, me and our daughters, It was about a 4 hour drive to Baldwin State Prison. It is out in nowhere land. We had a nice visit, he has put on about 20 pounds, but looks great though. We are hoping he will get to come home soon, since he in for probation violation. He gets kind of down sometimes, because he as be in the diagnostic center for a little over 12 weeks now, everybody has come and gone in the facility and he is still their. They are saying he might go home fromtheir since he does not have that much time. I hoping he is one of the 65 that will be released next month.

Strongernow I hope your move to Georgia will go very smoothly, God is watching over all of us.:)

Pauley
06-27-2004, 04:14 PM
Just got back from my visit. Had to stand in line for quite a while today, and boy was it hot. You go to all the trouble to look nice, and by the time you get in you are sweaty and yucky feeling! Rained all the way home. Miss him so much already. But, only one more weekend and.....

LORNA
06-27-2004, 08:59 PM
Hey everyone. hope all is well. I'm doing good. I will be leaving in a few days and I'll be away for two beautiful weeks, can't wait!

Willsweetie-that's good news, the CO did a nice gesture. He realizes that our loved ones should be treated as humans.

Strongernow- I'm glad you're proceeding along. I wish you well!

Charliesgirl-You are in my thoughts, and I keep the soldiers in my prayers. I have contemplated different things with the telephones, I just decided I don't even wanna deal with the hassle and I styaed with Verizon. I hope you are able to resolve this - and real SOON!

Jennifer_04
06-27-2004, 10:06 PM
Well I'm glad to see everyone is still around and y'all are doing alright!!

I've been having a sort of writers block the past day and a half! Which gets me down, I feel bad when I don't write him,I have a half finished letter sitting here. Oh well I'll write a little more and send it off tomorow. In other news, since the day Kurt got moved I've been plotting my escape from texas for a week! So me and his mom are talking about going together to visit him possibly in August. Sure can't wait to lay my eyes on him again!!
Charliesgirl.......I'm telling you, you need to take a look at prison calls online
www.4pco.com (http://www.4pco.com)
They give you a different phone number for him to call, it has a GA local area code so it's cheaper. He calls that number and it goes to thier call center and is directly routed to your home number ( or cell)! It does cost a little to first hook it up, but I've found it worth it after the large amounts I was spending when he was in county! Anyway, now y'all got me babbling!! Tace care all and God bless

georgiapeach5
06-28-2004, 04:27 PM
hey i have a sweetie in alamo ga and i need info on what i can do to help his parole chances he comes up next year in july. let me know if ya'll have any info thanks

Eternal Hope
06-28-2004, 05:37 PM
Just came back from Georgia today, went down to see Wayne for the weekend....Strongernow I am SO happy for you! So glad things are happy now! Klyn, yes, keep in touch and let me know how it goes.....I will be checking my mail hon. Love to all....Hey Irish Eyes, how are ya? (smile) Our poor guys had no food in the vending machines on Sunday...no real food, just snacks........the co's let us know who to complain too also!

Jennifer_04
06-28-2004, 06:36 PM
georgiapeach, only thing i can tell you is to write support letters and if you can get his family to write them too!

lilivoryangel
06-28-2004, 09:05 PM
Hey guys. I am ok too...just so read for him to come home. We just had a pool put in so the boys and I spent all day yesterday and today swimming! I am burned, they are dark, and we are all exhausted! I forgot how that tires you! I was like a big kid, sliding and diving and playing!! It has been fun. Poor Rodrick has never even seen our house...I sent him pictures but I know it is hard for him to really "see it". I am so ready to get my life back! And the funniest thing....for those who know my story...I had the kids in swim lessons last week at a city pool and asked for references for private lessons...the little girl shows up today and it is the superintendent's daughter...God is so cool b/c that gives me a little more leverage for ewhen I get ready to go back next year! She is sweet as she can be and I slippe dher an extra $10 for gas so I plan to really milk this! LOL

Strongernow....I am glad the decision has been made! maybe we will be able to meet once you get to GA...that would be fun! SO keep in touch!

I hope everyone continues to do well and the good news keeps coming!

JohnsWifey
06-29-2004, 11:06 PM
Jennifer_04...Hey, I read you were planning on visiting your man at Scott in Aug. It all varies by dorm, but I want to go ahead and full warn you about the bull**** I've went through twice. Both times I have been up there we were asked to leave 2 to 3 hours early because thier visitation rooms get to full and more people need to come in. I dont know about you but i always get there right when the doors open and the idiots who dont come until 3 or 4 hours into visitation screw all of that up. John is now trying to get into another dorm so we might be able to avoid the problem. Find out what dorm he's in and I'll see what i can find out for you.....Sorry if i botherd you I just dont want the same thing to happen. If he is in a really crowded dorm, maybe he can get moved before you come..Who knows? ......Laura