View Full Version : work release stipulations? Help.

JennMerie
06-26-2004, 02:50 PM
Does anyone know the ins and outs of this work release thing? My boyfriend tends to imbellish how great things can be and how soon we are elegible for things. I know that comes with how uphappy he is with his situation but i need to the downright truth, the goods and bads, and what Im really in for with work release in our future.

When can they apply for it? with how many months left? Do they get to pick where they go or are they sent to anywhere in Illinois? Can they work at there own job? Does he really get to leave there sometimes and come home? Any info would be good.

Also.. If I contact his counselor are they able to give me information regarding or is it confidential between the inmate and the counselor?

Thanks

joshsmom
06-28-2004, 04:22 PM
They have to have 2 years or less on their sentance. I think the drawback of work release is they have a 45 day phase. They can work at their own job if the center approves it. My husband was in work release and he said alot of people went back to prison because they cannot come back to the center late and they have to be at their job because the center staff does spot checks either in person or by phone. The inmate cannot make a trip to Burger King, (ect.) without permission or this could terminate work release. It is very strict but if a person could commit 100% it is a good thing because they can earn weekend passes to come home, but again, every movement has to be approved in advance with phone numbers and addresses in case they want to do a check. You even have to give addresses and phone numbers for church, friends, malls, anywhere you say you are going. It is alot to think about! :) :thumbsup:

JennMerie
06-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Thank you so much!! I was beginning to think no one had any experience with this! Id rather have all that responsibility hanging over his head rather than all the crap they put them through at the prison. Maybe all that responsibity will prepare him for me, for when he comes. Those prisons wardens have nothing on me! ;)