View Full Version : Self Surrender To Jail Then To Prison

JAM29
06-25-2004, 07:46 AM
what will happen once i enter the county jail to be transported to prison? do i get to have anything of personal or clothing including footwear? how does transport work?

kintml2u
07-03-2004, 05:06 PM
Are you self surrendering to a state prison or federal prison?

JAM29
07-03-2004, 11:50 PM
Are you self surrendering to a state prison or federal prison?

I will be doing 5yrs at a state prison.

justvicki
07-03-2004, 11:56 PM
Each state prison system have different rules and regs. Since you are in Wisconsin, you might want to post your questions in the Wisconsin forum. They might be answered a little quicker. :)

Good luck.

Inside Out
07-06-2004, 03:28 PM
You will most likely be at the jail for a few days before you are transported. Also it is very rare that you would be transported on a weekend. Thursday is the day that many get moved...you will not be told beforehand.

You will be handcuffed and transported in a Squad Car or bus. Most likely since you are a woman and not many others will be moved the same day as you it will be a squad. At the prison you will be allowed a watch, prescription glasses and photo's....I believe the limit is about 6. You may also be allowed a Bible. The rest of your personal items will be sent home.

JAM29
07-07-2004, 06:06 AM
You will most likely be at the jail for a few days before you are transported. Also it is very rare that you would be transported on a weekend. Thursday is the day that many get moved...you will not be told beforehand.

You will be handcuffed and transported in a Squad Car or bus. Most likely since you are a woman and not many others will be moved the same day as you it will be a squad. At the prison you will be allowed a watch, prescription glasses and photo's....I believe the limit is about 6. You may also be allowed a Bible. The rest of your personal items will be sent home.

would i be wearing my own clothes at jail and prison including my shoes? what type of process will i go through from jail to prison?

Inside Out
07-07-2004, 09:35 AM
No you will wear the County Jail clothes at the jail and will be issued prison clothes when you arrive at the prison. When you arrive at the prison you will be in lockdown for a few days. You will go through an assessment evaluation and meet with a counselor. Once they find out all about you and what kind of job you will get....most likely kitchen detail..you will be assigned work detail.

JAM29
07-07-2004, 09:53 AM
No you will wear the County Jail clothes at the jail and will be issued prison clothes when you arrive at the prison. When you arrive at the prison you will be in lockdown for a few days. You will go through an assessment evaluation and meet with a counselor. Once they find out all about you and what kind of job you will get....most likely kitchen detail..you will be assigned work detail.
in county jail and prison do i go through a process before i put on my issued uniform,keep my underclothing,my shoes? are the uniforms be a shirt and pants? will i be changiging and showering by myself? how many hrs will i be in lockdown and what is the assesment? do i get to sleep by myself? thank you for helping me out on this with these questions.

Inside Out
07-13-2004, 07:24 AM
You won't have any of your own clothing. It's all DOC issued including underclothes and footwear. You will have to shower when you arrive and it will most likely be done alone. Jail issue clothes are shirt, t-shirt, pants, underwear, bra, socks and shoes. I'm not sure about the prison...but I've been told you will be in lockdown for 23 hrs for the first few days. You will have a room to yourself at least at first. The assessment is where they will see if you have any special needs, a general check of your health, see if you need drug counseling, what type of job you will get, if you are going to need to get your GED....that kind of thing. Hope some of it helps and good luck.

shortyblue
07-15-2004, 01:21 PM
i am currently on the run i am 18 years old and facing 5 years i am a female and i know eventually i will need to turn my self in i am scared and have no knowledge of prison life except for what my guy friends have told me i am just not sure i will make it in prison and that is why i have still not done the so called right thing

shortyblue

JAM29
07-16-2004, 08:43 AM
i am currently on the run i am 18 years old and facing 5 years i am a female and i know eventually i will need to turn my self in i am scared and have no knowledge of prison life except for what my guy friends have told me i am just not sure i will make it in prison and that is why i have still not done the so called right thing

shortyblue
what they told you about jail and prison are they the facts by their experince? do you self surrender to the jail or to prison? you can pm me so we can talk further so its better for you.

JAM29
07-16-2004, 08:50 AM
You won't have any of your own clothing. It's all DOC issued including underclothes and footwear. You will have to shower when you arrive and it will most likely be done alone. Jail issue clothes are shirt, t-shirt, pants, underwear, bra, socks and shoes. I'm not sure about the prison...but I've been told you will be in lockdown for 23 hrs for the first few days. You will have a room to yourself at least at first. The assessment is where they will see if you have any special needs, a general check of your health, see if you need drug counseling, what type of job you will get, if you are going to need to get your GED....that kind of thing. Hope some of it helps and good luck.
at both places ill be issued their underclothing, uniform and shoes,including the shower? at both places are they tennis shoes?