View Full Version : Intro - Bill Gates

Bill Gates
06-23-2004, 01:21 PM
Hello Everyone @ Prison Talk:

I am new to Prison talk and would like to say hello. I am a former California Prisoner. I have been out of prison for 4 years now. I was in for 6 years stright, for a non- violiant offence.

I found California Prison sysyem to be a mess, overcrowed, underfunded. I did not expect to go there on vacation. But only to be treated like a human being. My main concern in CDC is Medical Care to Prisoners or the lack of it.

I am looking for a group to help my fellow prisoners and one of my family members to come out of there alive and in better contition when they went in. For me CDC tortured me by lack of medical negelect and has left me disabled. I did become a jailhouse lawyer and that caused me more trouble. I was voted M.A.C. Chairman, and that caused me heartache.

But, I say never stop fighting for just-us. People in prison are human too.

Thanks Ya: Bill Gates

Valerie
06-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Hi Bill and welcome to PTO! Having a son in a Calif.prison I share your concern about medical (or non) treatment.I hope you enjoy PTO as much as I have and again,Welcome!!!!

EyedCandi
06-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Welcome to PTO! :D So, I don't have anything to say about your post, I just wanted to welcome you! :p

grammyC
06-23-2004, 03:53 PM
Welcome to our group! I am glad you are free now and hope you are devoted to causes to help the incarcerated. Medical neglect is certainly a problem within the prison system, as well as being a national problem for all. There is a proposed bill that supports a national healthcare system, and my hope is that it includes prisoners as well. As an ex-inmate, I would hope that if you have maintained some contacts within the system, and that you would encourage their them to ask their outside contacts to support this initiative, and any group that supports prison reform. Tam

Missouri Rose
06-23-2004, 04:01 PM
Welcome Bill Gates...bet you never get enough jokes about your name! I also have a son in prison in CA & he has medical issues but I can say so far so good. He receives his medication & has been doing very well. They did switch him to the Generic brand and it doesn't work as well but he's coping. Good luck to you.

John's Mom
08-04-2004, 10:20 AM
My son went to jail on a petty theft three years ago as a whole person. He was released with a broken hand that needed corrective surgery and irreversible nerve damage in his foot due to broken glass in his cell and waiting too long to have the glass extracted. His hand developed staff infection and they started bouncing him around between three different jails. At one point he was sent to a level 4 security prison to have the surgery done. It never was, and now he has a prison record from that fiasco. Seeking justice for medical costs once on the outside only mad officials mad. After a long civil case a judge sided with a city representative stating an inmate cannot sue for damages for medical injuries. He's back in waiting for sentencing, after an auto accident the DA turned into a murder case, making a big deal out of his "prison prior". Cheryl

Hello Everyone @ Prison Talk:

I am new to Prison talk and would like to say hello. I am a former California Prisoner. I have been out of prison for 4 years now. I was in for 6 years stright, for a non- violiant offence.

I found California Prison sysyem to be a mess, overcrowed, underfunded. I did not expect to go there on vacation. But only to be treated like a human being. My main concern in CDC is Medical Care to Prisoners or the lack of it.

I am looking for a group to help my fellow prisoners and one of my family members to come out of there alive and in better contition when they went in. For me CDC tortured me by lack of medical negelect and has left me disabled. I did become a jailhouse lawyer and that caused me more trouble. I was voted M.A.C. Chairman, and that caused me heartache.

But, I say never stop fighting for just-us. People in prison are human too.

Thanks Ya: Bill Gates

California Sunshine
08-04-2004, 06:23 PM
Hi and Welcome to PTO!