View Full Version : Home Plans & Parole Questions!

Ryblondie
12-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Question. Was reading the handbook today for parole. Boyfriends Min is 2/6/14. He is on the December Docket. I was reading and it looks like his programs will be completed early Jan, after his hearing and interview with the board, will this matter since they will be done before his minimum? He was transferred late from GRTFRD.

Also, i was reading that now the board will not schedule the home plan until the inmate received the approval sheet letting him know the parole is approved. Now it looks like they schedule the home plan AFTER they receive that anywhere from 4-6 weeks after they get the sheet. This is different than from what it used to be. They used to call first and schedule the home visit, and if approved the home plan that basically meant the parole was approved. But this was before the inmate received the final green sheet. This will really hold up his release if this is the case. Since they have 6 weeks to get the sheet to him after the hearing.

And one last thing. If he has completed all his recommended programs, will that mean if home plan is approved, he will go right home? No halfway house?

christik999
12-06-2013, 10:51 PM
SI'm unsure on many issues. I can answer the programs not complete will not effect it if he is granted parole it will say on completion of programs

bobble60
12-08-2013, 07:32 AM
The home plan approval process at times seems almost random. Your statements are correct; now they wait until parole has been granted -- which means the inmate has his green sheet -- before sending the packet to the District Office for home plan development. It's really anyone's guess as to why they keep changing this process. My guess is they're trying to be more efficient and better utilize personnel.

jmarie3066
12-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Ryblondie-

Do you know what district office you're dealing with?

jmarie3066
12-09-2013, 02:02 PM
The home plan approval process at times seems almost random. Your statements are correct; now they wait until parole has been granted -- which means the inmate has his green sheet -- before sending the packet to the District Office for home plan development. It's really anyone's guess as to why they keep changing this process. My guess is they're trying to be more efficient and better utilize personnel.

Bobble,

Is this process written anywhere, such as in the handbook? I've read it, but didn't see this?

Thanks

Ryblondie
12-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Ryblondie-

Do you know what district office you're dealing with?

It will be Chester county. A friend of ours just got home paroled for a violation and saw parole and that following tuesday his mom got a call for a home visit. Im hearing so much back and forth with this. I guess we will wait and see! He sees the board on Wednesday! So nervous but so excited

Ryblondie
12-12-2013, 11:02 AM

Thanks Bobble! So he can get his sheet before 6 weeks? Im praying it goes quickly so we can maybe get him home by his Min. Do you know from the date you see them how long exactly it typically is taking for everything to be finalized?

Ryblondie
12-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Bobble,

Is this process written anywhere, such as in the handbook? I've read it, but didn't see this?

Thanks

Go to the Parole board website, and download the most recent handbook that the inmates receive. It is in there under the homeplans and parole process

jmarie3066
12-13-2013, 10:44 AM
It will be Chester county. A friend of ours just got home paroled for a violation and saw parole and that following tuesday his mom got a call for a home visit. Im hearing so much back and forth with this. I guess we will wait and see! He sees the board on Wednesday! So nervous but so excited

I have to agree with Bobble that it's totally random. Today is the start of our 10th week waiting for a green sheet... No inspection yet... I do believe when they go in for a violation it's different... Hoping everything works out for the both of us!

waiting4sept
12-22-2013, 10:34 PM
My boyfriend had trouble with his class ending after his meeting with Parole…he finished it two weeks after he met with them. He got his denied green sheet two months later and it said he needed to finish his class and no one will correct it.

Ryblondie
12-27-2013, 09:09 AM
That is horrible! I would call the inmate inquiry line in harrisburg!