View Full Version : Home Plans & Parole Questions!

Ryblondie
12-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Question. Was reading the handbook today for parole. Boyfriends Min is 2/6/14. He is on the December Docket. I was reading and it looks like his programs will be completed early Jan, after his hearing and interview with the board, will this matter since they will be done before his minimum? He was transferred late from GRTFRD.

Also, i was reading that now the board will not schedule the home plan until the inmate received the approval sheet letting him know the parole is approved. Now it looks like they schedule the home plan AFTER they receive that anywhere from 4-6 weeks after they get the sheet. This is different than from what it used to be. They used to call first and schedule the home visit, and if approved the home plan that basically meant the parole was approved. But this was before the inmate received the final green sheet. This will really hold up his release if this is the case. Since they have 6 weeks to get the sheet to him after the hearing.

And one last thing. If he has completed all his recommended programs, will that mean if home plan is approved, he will go right home? No halfway house?

christik999
12-06-2013, 09:51 PM
SI'm unsure on many issues. I can answer the programs not complete will not effect it if he is granted parole it will say on completion of programs

bobble60
12-08-2013, 06:32 AM
The home plan approval process at times seems almost random. Your statements are correct; now they wait until parole has been granted -- which means the inmate has his green sheet -- before sending the packet to the District Office for home plan development. It's really anyone's guess as to why they keep changing this process. My guess is they're trying to be more efficient and better utilize personnel.

jmarie3066
12-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Ryblondie-

Do you know what district office you're dealing with?

jmarie3066
12-09-2013, 01:02 PM
The home plan approval process at times seems almost random. Your statements are correct; now they wait until parole has been granted -- which means the inmate has his green sheet -- before sending the packet to the District Office for home plan development. It's really anyone's guess as to why they keep changing this process. My guess is they're trying to be more efficient and better utilize personnel.

Bobble,

Is this process written anywhere, such as in the handbook? I've read it, but didn't see this?

Thanks

Ryblondie
12-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Ryblondie-

Do you know what district office you're dealing with?

It will be Chester county. A friend of ours just got home paroled for a violation and saw parole and that following tuesday his mom got a call for a home visit. Im hearing so much back and forth with this. I guess we will wait and see! He sees the board on Wednesday! So nervous but so excited

Ryblondie
12-12-2013, 10:02 AM

Thanks Bobble! So he can get his sheet before 6 weeks? Im praying it goes quickly so we can maybe get him home by his Min. Do you know from the date you see them how long exactly it typically is taking for everything to be finalized?

Ryblondie
12-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Bobble,

Is this process written anywhere, such as in the handbook? I've read it, but didn't see this?

Thanks

Go to the Parole board website, and download the most recent handbook that the inmates receive. It is in there under the homeplans and parole process

jmarie3066
12-13-2013, 09:44 AM
It will be Chester county. A friend of ours just got home paroled for a violation and saw parole and that following tuesday his mom got a call for a home visit. Im hearing so much back and forth with this. I guess we will wait and see! He sees the board on Wednesday! So nervous but so excited

I have to agree with Bobble that it's totally random. Today is the start of our 10th week waiting for a green sheet... No inspection yet... I do believe when they go in for a violation it's different... Hoping everything works out for the both of us!

waiting4sept
12-22-2013, 09:34 PM
My boyfriend had trouble with his class ending after his meeting with Parole…he finished it two weeks after he met with them. He got his denied green sheet two months later and it said he needed to finish his class and no one will correct it.

Ryblondie
12-27-2013, 08:09 AM
That is horrible! I would call the inmate inquiry line in harrisburg!

tommysgirlpa
03-13-2015, 02:00 PM

Tis is an old post so is it still that way, green sheet first?

jkdood
03-13-2015, 04:28 PM
Less than 60 days ago, our inmate's home plan application resulted in a home visit; the green sheet was a week or 2 later. (Philly region.)

hemmi67
03-31-2015, 05:43 PM
How did you find out he was on the December docket?

waitinguntil001
04-01-2015, 03:50 AM
hemmi67: you may not hear from the original poster in response to your question as that was a year and a half ago that they posted.

Usually the inmate will be told by their councilor and or in house parole agent as to when their hearing will be scheduled for. Up to 6 to 9 months prior to their minimum the process begins; but the actual hearing date not given until closer to the minimum date.

Hearing dates given are good estimates but not a guarantee to a specific date as they are subject to change for many reasons such as parole board receiving all feedback from the various departments such has housing reports, misconduct reports (if any), councilor and housing unit manager reports, program results (completion), required fees paid, etc. Once gathered then the hearing is scheduled and takes place.

hemmi67
04-10-2015, 07:10 PM
I'm just heard my son went to his second parole board over a week ago. He was denied at his first board and given a 6 month hit. We are hoping for the best but we are in a different state so our son will need to put in an interstate transfer if he gets paroled.

waitinguntil001
04-11-2015, 01:40 AM
I hope all goes well with his second hearing. Maybe he will have better luck this time.

tommysgirlpa
04-12-2015, 08:44 AM
We are at 9 weeks since the hearing, no home visit, called the hotline they say no decision has been made, does the board take that long to decide or fingers crossed they said yes and now it's in the hands of the judge victim and prosecuter? I am running on fumes waiting, this is the worst part of doing time with your LO, I can't I Agins that the board itself takes this long! Any thoughts ?

waitinguntil001
04-12-2015, 08:57 AM
I know that some have waited for up to 13 weeks for a decision. Time it takes has no bearing on if approved or denied; as just because it comes back fast it is approved or takes extra long it is denied. There really is no way of knowing. Depends on a lot on their end. You just have to wait it out like he is.

tommysgirlpa
04-13-2015, 04:57 PM
He got a 6 month hit , guess its better than a year

waitinguntil001
04-14-2015, 02:35 AM
Sorry to hear that. Yes, better than a year hit if you look at it that way.

Usually on the green sheet they will list the reasons for "denied"; such as additional need for programs; not taking responsibility for their actions; negative reports from one of the councilors, unit managers, housing officers; misconducts etc.

Not that you have to tell us but he should work on taking care of those aspects since this is the second 6 month hit.

And so the clock starts ticking again now. That's the system; Hurry Up and Wait!!

tommysgirlpa
04-14-2015, 02:24 PM
It's only the first 6 month hit, he is a tutor in the sop program, no write ups, no misconducts, did all his programs, they said he minimized his crime, which is of course subjective to the interviewer, hopefully this next time will be a success

waitinguntil001
04-15-2015, 01:32 AM
tommysgirlpa: Sorry, confused you with hemmi67 in this thread.

Yes, minimizing your crime would be one way that they would give you a hit. Absolutely open to interpretation on how they evaluate what the inmate says especially if it has to do with a s*x offense.

What should have helped him was the fact that he was a tudor in the SOProgram which shows that he was looked at by staff of having a good understanding of the program if he was able to tudor others. However, sometimes they look for any excuse to deny with these types of crimes.

tommysgirlpa
04-15-2015, 06:23 PM
The time to see parole again starts from when they saw parole the last time? His says November and he saw them in February so it seems like it starts from his minimum?

bobble60
04-19-2015, 05:05 AM
There is a month and year on the green sheet that says when he will be reviewed.

The reason "minimizing" appears on so many parole rejections is because it's true. I just sat for a few hours with a group doing time at SCI Dallas and we discussed this at length. It really is quite common for people to try and "reduce" their criminal behavior or the forethought that went into it as a means of partially relieving their own conscience about it. As I told this group, minimizing is in the opposite direction as empathizing and victim empathy is crucial as a deterrent. When the offender tells me he's physically disgusted by what he did, I feel he's done minimizing.