View Full Version : Conjugal visits in Tennessee Prisons

TBARNES7845
06-15-2004, 11:55 PM
Do most prisons have them how does it work??? Anyone know about TN ??

TNC
06-16-2004, 12:47 AM
I dont know what prisons have them and what dont, but I would say that lots more states DONT then do.

ebontortuga23
06-16-2004, 01:20 AM
There are 6 states that allow these visits. I know that California and New York do. My state, Arizona, does not. Many of us have attempted to get petitions going for them, but nothing has come of it (its a LONG process).
All I know about how they work is that you have to be a low risk inmate, in one of these six states, and married. I don't get them, so maybe one of the people that actually benefit from them (you people SUCK!! just kidding, I'm just jealous and sex-deprived) can add some more insight.

Forever_Lovers
06-16-2004, 09:19 AM
Is he in a federal prison or state prison? If he's in a federal prison then there are no conjugal visits. As for state prisons I would say to look on your states prison website and post to your states forum and ask.

jeffsprincess
06-16-2004, 09:24 AM
well in new york you have to be married and your husband has to take some classes to be able to get the trailor visits. after you are married you wait about 4 months. then you are able to go on your first trailor. in new york they are once every 3 or 4 months i cant remember and they last for 72 hours. you go to an apartment on the jail compound and they have a bedroom a tv a kitchen. you bring sheets and pillows and food and your clothes and all that and you and your husband get to spend 3 days together. they have to pop their heads out for the count, but other than that, you are totally alone.

Lucas' Wife
06-16-2004, 10:27 AM
The Virginia Department of Corrections do not have these visits and in the visiting room it is one kiss at the beginning of the visit and one kiss at the end of the visit. Kinda depressing when you get married and that is that, nothing follows. But it is worth the wait if you truly love. I'm trying to syke myself up.

TBARNES7845
06-28-2004, 09:36 PM
well in new york you have to be married and your husband has to take some classes to be able to get the trailor visits. after you are married you wait about 4 months. then you are able to go on your first trailor. in new york they are once every 3 or 4 months i cant remember and they last for 72 hours. you go to an apartment on the jail compound and they have a bedroom a tv a kitchen. you bring sheets and pillows and food and your clothes and all that and you and your husband get to spend 3 days together. they have to pop their heads out for the count, but other than that, you are totally alone.

Oh my gosh I have never ever even heard of that can I come to New York Please.. I would kill for 1 hour alone with my hubby we have been behind glass for 13 months now. god just to hold his hand .. Now I am crying how lucky you are .. :( :( :(

j2sq
06-28-2004, 09:49 PM
i think there r less that do not then do...

did that make sense?????? :D

i know that NY has them. a few other states too, but not too sure of other info.

GOOD LUCK! i am sure u will find out tons of info...

croakerqueen
03-03-2005, 02:52 PM
What about Florida?

one_luv
03-03-2005, 03:13 PM
The deal with conjugal visits is that the US now has 2 million people in the US locked up. It's just so many to accomodate. We used to have 'em in Oregon (quite awhie ago) until a man killed his wife during a visit. It's all about punishment.
I would give my right arm to be able to lay on his chest even for an hour and cook for him. I can't even think about it because I get so jealous and mad. But then leaving has got to be one of the hardest things you ever have to do.
Prison sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

AEMS
03-03-2005, 03:17 PM
I am in Texas and of course we dont have them...we dont even get phone calls!

mamicita
03-03-2005, 03:37 PM
louisiana don't but i wished they did. i am jealous of the other states that do have them but im so happy for the,..but if we all had it....it would do everyone alot of good.:) i pray that some day soon the rules will change and all states will have them..but that is not likely to happen because of the cruel system.:(

mrswoodmore_soo
04-30-2005, 02:05 AM
we have contact visits in tennessee

ginaned
04-30-2005, 11:50 PM
Tenn does not have them I wish oh how I wish. I'm sorry about the behind the glass thing I went through that for about 6 months now he is in whiteville, @ hardamen county and we get 8 hour visits on sat. or sun. and 2 hours on mon contact . and believe me I sneak a feel every now and then. There is a petion I cant remember where it's at but i'll find out and send it to you so you can sign it . And man I feel so sorry for you guys who have men in Texas

azmspriss
06-07-2005, 02:19 PM
The states that have congical visits are:
California, Connecticut, Mississippi, New Mexico, New York and Washington.

You can look on each of these states DOC web sites and find out information about the congicals.

I am gonna try and get my JB a interstate compact to Washington but his instutional score has to be three or lower before he can so it will more than likely take a couple of years.

amandaAndJerry
07-22-2005, 12:40 PM
I wish we did have it in tennessee cause I was only married for 1week and 4days until they took him away and now he is on his wat back to brushy mountain.

Allie85
07-22-2005, 09:03 PM
I know my man is in South Central Corrections facility and they bearly let you touch each other.. I know I am luck just to talk to him, but that is not good enough..

JannaJello
08-07-2005, 01:16 PM
We have made our own, gotten gaught. The CO just told us to stop that! Nothing else was done or said. Now I'm afraid to try anything, but my BF says it shows that they don't do anything about it. Still too scared to try again!

KukiSuki
09-20-2005, 09:26 AM
Hi Girls,
Conjugal visits are not legal in Tennessee prisons by policy. Supposedly...and this is supposedly...your man or woman however the case may be, can face more real world charges for participating in conjugal visits. BUT, in all of my years in the system, I am well aware of the fact that they occur on a regular basis. I think it is a matter of who you know, where you are, and what you can give, if you get my drift. I believe that the going rate was about twenty bucks for 15 minutes alone in the bathroom before I retired, but that may have gone up. My brother is still a hombre for CCA, so I can check on that if anyone wants to follow up on that if you have a loved one at Mason. I wont support the decision to do it, but hey...everybody has needs...ya know...gotta get a little to give a litte...I understand the concept. I will state for the record, the going rate is ALL I will find out, CO names and other bribery and illegal activity will not come through me...sorry girls...you'll have to "get it" on your own.

Mrs.MacJr.
10-25-2005, 12:57 AM
MY FIANCEE JUST LEFT WHITEVILLE CORRECTIONAL FACILITY AND THEY ARE NOT GOING FOR THAT. THERE AREN'T ANY PRISONS IN TENNESSEE THAT ALLOWS THAT. WATCH OUT FOR THOSE GUARDS, THEY TRIED TO HAVE SEX WITH MY MAN AND THEY ARE VERY RUDE AT VISITATION. I HAD TO CHANGE SHIRTS FOUR TIMES BECAUSE THEY HAD V NECKS, TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE WEAR A REGULAR T SHIRT.

waitinpatiently
10-25-2005, 10:34 AM
In Mississippi they allow them. The inmate has to be A or B custody. It's for about an hour, but I think you can have one every week if you want to. I just had my first one on Sunday!

pprice42
10-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Hey waiten!! You are sooooo lucky. I wish I had the nerve to do it here in Tennessee. Where my husabnd is now it can be done with the right amount of money no problem but I am too scared to do it. I am afraid my hubby would get into trouble somehow and then NOT get to come home. But it is very tempting. He ask me on the phone the other day if I wanted to?? I said I would wait until he comes home. :( :( I miss him badly in everyway possible.

Mrs.MacJr.
10-26-2005, 11:00 PM
I WISH MY FIANCEE WAS DOING HIS TIME IN MISSISSIPPI. YOU ARE SO LUCKY @ WAITINPATIENTLY. IN TENNESSEE THEY'RE READY TO PUT US OUT IF WE HUG TOO LONG.LOL

pprice42
10-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Where my husband is they are very relaxed at visitation. You can hug and kiss all you want. Of course they don't want you sitting in their lap but we have never gotten anything said to us and we get real close and lovey dovey every time I go see him. I always get me a feel or two. ;) He told me we could get 15 mintutes for free but I'm not going to do that. I have waited this long a few more months will be easy.

GeneralDDT
01-23-2008, 01:01 AM
Been DBL for two years with my fiance and is found by looking for states that allow conjugal visits...kinda depressing news there. :blah: Been driving six hours for a four hour visit and am feeling lucky that we have any contact at all after reading some of these posts. And even tho we can hold hands and of course sneaking those more intimate moments when and where we can without losing visits altogether is such a tedious line to walk!!!! We ache for each other and hope that his move to a level three from the level five we are dealing with will provide some relief to some of the restrictions. :angry: Anyone having any experience with the differences please fill me in. At least my drive will only be a couple hours max after the move.

GeneralDDT
01-23-2008, 01:10 AM
Where my husband is they are very relaxed at visitation. You can hug and kiss all you want. Of course they don't want you sitting in their lap but we have never gotten anything said to us and we get real close and lovey dovey every time I go see him. I always get me a feel or two. ;) He told me we could get 15 mintutes for free but I'm not going to do that. I have waited this long a few more months will be easy.

What level of facility is that? You are so lucky! He will be at a new facility so we are hoping to have that kind of tolerance there. Its a level three. At what level facility is your husband and where is he serving his time? He is in Virginia and I am in Tennessee. Does anyone have any experience with having a witness in a trial recant to have a loved one released? If he has to do all this time he will be allowed to serve some of it in another state, so since we are in different states it would help to know where yours is at. We sure could use some slack if he is not released.

mrschrisfore
01-31-2008, 11:58 AM
Ok Guys You Know How The State Of Tn Is Do You Honestly Think We Will Ever Have Conjugal Visits

superdreamATM
04-24-2008, 08:35 AM
my husband said when he was at South Central you could hold hands under the table and nobody would say anything. I am anxiously waiting for him to go to a prison because in the county jail he's wiating in, i have to "visit" him via 2 way camera. I will be happy just to hug him and see him up close in person. Meanwhile we are going to be very very very aroused by the time he is out (ha ha).

Ms.TDOC393479
05-20-2008, 11:51 PM
TCIP aint having it. I sometimes feel like the female guards are jealous of me and the male guards are jealous of him.

UKGAL
06-20-2008, 04:10 PM
cant we try to change this?? has anyone tried? other states have family visits, if we push maybe we could too,

Odd Mushroom
06-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Then all of the TDOC, CCA and county facilities would have to create rooms for the visits. With 95 counties & 16 prisons, that is a lot of remodeling of the buildings. No state agency would even look twice to put that on the budget.

superdreamATM
06-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Be careful about sneaking moments! i have seen couples get busted twice at CBCX! One time they were in the inmates bathroom making out, another couple was at a table groping. It not only will suspend your visit priveleges but it is EMBARRASSING because when you get caught, all the guards come in and EVERYONE knows whats going on!!! it aint worth it! As much as I love and want my hubby, i can make do with holding hands and a couple kisses!!!!

Odd Mushroom
06-24-2008, 03:27 PM
What's even more embarrassing? The visits are videotaped. If your hear a phone call being sent to or coming from the officers desk, it is because they are zoomed in and taping the incident. I know this because I worked the central control and manned the camera at CBCX fom July 2007 to Feb 2008. Then some asshole who wanted to get out of guild 4 snitched me out to the D Board that I was married to a parolee.

superdreamATM
06-25-2008, 08:34 AM
Tennessee doesn't have conjugal visits. I believe it has been years and years since they did! And don't try to fondle or anything under the table when you visit cause you will get caught and its embarrassing for everyone!

HiShoNeY
03-07-2009, 06:46 PM
My Husband and I have been married for alittle over a year now and he has 12yrs left and I would give everything i had away for a conjugal visit with him. Him and I have talked about maybe me moving to NY and having him transferred there (interstate compact) so we are able to have that alone time. We live in VA and it is ridiculous...I definitely want more of my Husband then what they allow. But if we arnt able to go to NY waiting is what we'll have to continue to do. It gets hard at times but i couldnt picture my life without Brian he is my "lifetime". Stay strong ladies we'll all get what we want in the end. :)

Odd Mushroom
03-08-2009, 06:23 PM
we talked about conjugal visits today. Chris said it would be our luck that i'd end up getting pregnant!!:idea:

MsNoriega49
04-16-2011, 06:18 AM
has anything changed since then???
are thy allowed now? or hugs/kisses??

JTJwife
04-26-2011, 03:56 PM
No, nothing has changed.

Tims Wife

ScoobysLady1013
03-11-2012, 08:54 AM
if you could get me the going rate please it would be a start. any info i can gather i am trying to get, it may be of use later. i would highly appreciate it. thank you.

Hi Girls,
Conjugal visits are not legal in Tennessee prisons by policy. Supposedly...and this is supposedly...your man or woman however the case may be, can face more real world charges for participating in conjugal visits. BUT, in all of my years in the system, I am well aware of the fact that they occur on a regular basis. I think it is a matter of who you know, where you are, and what you can give, if you get my drift. I believe that the going rate was about twenty bucks for 15 minutes alone in the bathroom before I retired, but that may have gone up. My brother is still a hombre for CCA, so I can check on that if anyone wants to follow up on that if you have a loved one at Mason. I wont support the decision to do it, but hey...everybody has needs...ya know...gotta get a little to give a litte...I understand the concept. I will state for the record, the going rate is ALL I will find out, CO names and other bribery and illegal activity will not come through me...sorry girls...you'll have to "get it" on your own.

NotherWife2
03-11-2012, 09:28 AM
if you could get me the going rate please it would be a start. any info i can gather i am trying to get, it may be of use later. i would highly appreciate it. thank you.

Oh my -- That post was made in 2005. I highly doubt you can find anyone willing to take any money now, everyone needs their jobs in these troubling times and they would most likely not only be fired but be charged with a crime as well. Learn to love the phone and letters!!!!
Also, WHEN this act of love WOULD be caught, you would lose visitation FOREVER.

D's lady
05-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Yea I will wait. I own a vibrator lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk