View Full Version : How long after signing papers until he is transferred to the halfway house

lookin4answer
10-06-2013, 06:04 AM
My fiance is at a federal prison camp and when he called home on friday he said he had Just signed his halfway house papers ...once you sign your papers how long after that until you are transferred to the halfway house? Thank u :)

AshleyCor
10-06-2013, 07:07 AM
Once you sign your half way house papers, the prison will send them to the halfway house , once received the half way house they do their thing and anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks (usually sooner) the half way house paperwork will be sent back to the prison and the inmate is notified at that point of the date they are leaving prison and off to the halfway house. I know someone who signed their half way house papers in October of 2012 and received the date of release to the half way house back 3 weeks later and left in March 2013. So good luck and hope I helped to answer your question. Happy for you both! Almost over now.

patchouli
10-06-2013, 09:50 AM
I've moved your thread to the Federal sub-forum for Federal Probation & Community Supervision :thumbsup: You'll find lots of good Federal info here. Welcome to PTO!

lookin4answer
10-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Thank u very much for the answer :) his original come home date was march 2015..... after completing the rdap program and and figuring in the small amount of time they give u off (15%) his new come home date was September 14 2014 ....when he signed the hwh papers I asked him if he got a new release date and he said yes but tht he didn't mention it because it was only. Moved by a couple days to September 9 2014..have u ever heard of someone signing their hwh papers a year early? ? I never have lol and just think he is trying to surprise me..or just trying to keep me from driving thru a blizzard to pick him and to take him to hwh because I sure would ;) he is in south Dakota and I'm in Oklahoma. ....also thought I was goin to b able to pick him up from the prison n take him to the halfway house since he was a self surrender to the prison n I took him there. .now he is sayin tht we would have to b married in order for me to pick him up :( is this true? And if so, idk understand how a bus or plane would b better thn an actual person

fbopnomore
10-06-2013, 06:19 PM
The bop can authorize up to a full year of HWH time. His unit team recommended a specific amount of time in his paperwork. Their recommendation first has to be approved by the warden, and the bop regional office. Then it will go to the HWH. If the HWH has an available bed, that's when he will go, if not it will be when they do.

Only his counselor or case manager knows what length of HWH time they are asking for, but he can find out by asking. It is definitely a process.