View Full Version : Sentence date is July 26th. What to expect.Any answers?

InboundTrain
06-15-2004, 02:06 PM
:thumbsup: Hello PTO long time no news. Well I fianlly pleaded guilty and went through my pre sentence investigation. The PO seems to like me and my good standing in the community. I commited my crime about 3-4 years ago and since then i have really changed my life. It was a financial crime. I've been working with troubled kids now for about a year and my PO loved to read the articles about this in the newspaper.

Question

#1 Does it really help to have the PO on your side for the PSI and PSR?

#2 I am looking at 10mo. - 24mo. Depending on my past criminal history. They also said i will get downward departure. My attourney says it is still possible to get a non custodial sentence with the feds.... is he being truthful to me?

#3 If i am sentenced say to 12 months and a day will i get to go to a Federal Prison Camp and how are FPC camps. Im not a thug or anything like that i just want to do my time and get back home to my family. I have 4 kids at home and love them sooo much!.

#4 How long can i have to turn myself in to the facility? Can you get more time if you have a special circumstance you need to take care of???

#5 Is California still abiding by the 10% law for good time or did they throw it out like some other states?

Thanks for any info you have. Thanks

Vince
06-15-2004, 02:14 PM
The feds give you 54 days a year for good time,If you get a year and a day you get it ,but if you get a year or less,you don't.Sorry I can't help with your other questions.

sbrown110
06-15-2004, 02:43 PM
yes it will help if the person who does the PSI is on your side. It will help very much.

From sentencing you will probably have 6 weeks before the surrender date.

Depending on where you fall with points and any criminal history, yes you could get off with home confinement and/or probation.

With a sentence of 12 months and 1 day, and no violence, you will most likely be in a camp.

If you have special circumstances and would like more time before surrendering, have your attorney request this at sentencing. Hopefully the Judge will grant your request.

Best of luck to you, and much peace.

Sheryl

InboundTrain
06-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Thank you for your input. So you think there is a way to havea non-custodial sentence? We shall see July 26th. Would be nice but im always one to prepare for the worst so anything better is like a treat!

sbrown110
06-15-2004, 02:56 PM
What are you being told? Is there a sentencing range? Like I said if you have a low number of points, and no or very little criminal history then you will fall on the sentencing gudelines grid, in a certain zone. In some zones probation and/or home confinement is a possibility. Do you know how many points you have?

Sheryl