View Full Version : Parole Decisions Delayed throughout ADC

juliwaits
06-15-2004, 12:10 PM
:angry:
We were informed yesterday, that parole hearing results due today 06/15 will not be available until 06/29. And inmates going up for parole at the next hearing date will not receive their results until 3 weeks after their hearing. They gave NO explanation for the delay.

I do know of someone who has been awaiting a decision from the board on whether he can go before the Governor for clemency and his results (the board’s decision) are a month late! When his girlfriend calls to inquire, she is told the ADC switched to a new computer system and that is causing the delay. This is just suffering on top of suffering.

Thought you might enjoy an email I sent yesterday – sums up my feelings of trying to sit at work and act professional while waiting on parole results:

Father God,
Please keep me in my chair. Help me remember running around screaming would not be deemed professional behavior.
Help me remember no one at work cares less about any of what all i'm going thru so keep me from going postal and from screaming "do you have any idea the amount of stress i'm under?!"
Help me remember that I'd be miserable without my hair, else i be tempted to pull it out.
Help me remember this elephant sitting on my chest and the pit in my stomach is a bit of bronchitis but mostly Satan urging me to worry.
Help me remember i am totally powerless and my worry will not help anyone at all.
Help me remember You are in control no matter what.
Help me not want to kill people if they don't tell me what i want to hear, because they are powerless against Your ultimate will, for which we are all praying.
Help me remember i have faith and all things are possible through You, and You will give me strength.
Help me remember to pray for all of those who are praying for my husband and me today.

amen

Jade01
06-15-2004, 12:26 PM
Sorry to hear about the delay. I can only imagine how stressed you must be and then for them to make you wait even longer! You both will be in my prayers.

lapeterson1120
06-15-2004, 01:03 PM
juliwaits, your prayers are being heard just keep them flowing and keep the faith. I will also be sending up prayers for you. All will be well.

pods
06-16-2004, 01:13 PM
i am so sorry that you have to wait for the decsion to be made, sometimes it seems as though the people making these decisions forget that there are human beings with feelings waiting for their lives to be made or broken. however i am personally very proud of the board granting the pardon to the man from conway, they took a chance of negative publicity, but came through. everyone in arkansas should support the govenor and (in this case) the board for daring to help and make the correct decision.
my prayers are with you

juliwaits
06-18-2004, 08:01 AM
I heard a radio station this morning bashing the parole board for a recent decision. Saying they should hope the man's family doesn't meet up with any of them in a dark alley. ... great... stupid irresponsible media!

I actually got to meet with John Felts on the board the other day. He is such a nice, decent, wonderful man with COMMON SENSE!! Oddly enough, he did not know the results were delayed. I'm like, "you should know that." He was on vacation last week. The guy who interviewed my hubby and me is on vacation THIS week. I'm sure vacations and negative publicity have a lot to do with delays. Hubby told me of a victim's family having a fit because they didn't know the guy who committed the crime against them was granted parole. Of course they should know, they should be advised that the hearing is set. I just think because of all of this the board is being more careful.

Hugs,
Julie

sbrown110
06-18-2004, 08:23 AM
Be grateful you are not in Texas. I hear families are waiting 6 months for results from a parole hearing. It is all outrageous. Best of luck. I do know the waiting is awful.

Sheryl