View Full Version : On parole / 3 or 4 technical violations / What could happen now?

TNcountrygirl
09-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Hi I'm new to this site and don't know if I posted on the right forum or not so if I didn't I'm sorry.

Anyways My husband has been on parole for a year and a half and last month got arrested for the first time on being on parole for 3 or 4 technical violations. They were *Not keeping a job, *Getting kicked out of anger management(He didn't show up twice} * 3 failed drug test for pot.

I was wondering what could happen at his hearing, I mean could he finish his time which doesn't end til 7/2015 or would they give him stricter rules sense this is his first time getting arrested sense he has been out a year n half ago?

We're due to have our first baby in a couple of months and I no there is a good chance he want be there when she is born but would like to talk to someone who knows alot about the system because this is my first time going through this ever...I'm pretty clueless on this subject.

And yes I no my husband is stupid for not straghting up but were all humans and were all are going to make mistakes in life.

Any help is appreciated and thank you all!!!

GOD BLESS!!!

gcbcrafter14
09-18-2013, 07:01 PM
I don't know what will happen but will just tell you what similar experience we've had. Keep in mind his PO at the time was a major jerk from day 1 so it could have just been him, although the board is who gave him the time. He had missed 2 appointments(2 months) with his PO because of his job and had called over and over to reschedule and ask to come in at a reasonable time. Then his PO picked him up on a technical and he got 6 months for that. No dirties or anything.

TNcountrygirl
09-18-2013, 07:12 PM
crafter-- thats so harsh what they did to him. The state I live in everyone says our system are buttholes and just want the $$$...I'm pretty sure my husband will be locked up longer than 6 months esp when he has more tech violations. I wish they could actually help him besides doing a harsh punishment but it is what it is i guess...
Sorry you went through that.

gcbcrafter14
09-18-2013, 07:27 PM
crafter-- thats so harsh what they did to him. The state I live in everyone says our system are buttholes and just want the $$$...I'm pretty sure my husband will be locked up longer than 6 months esp when he has more tech violations. I wish they could actually help him besides doing a harsh punishment but it is what it is i guess...
Sorry you went through that.

Thanks :) It was tough. The PO had actually recommended 3 months and the board gave him 6. His PO this time is actually super nice and very reasonable so we're hoping for a bit of good news after trial.

They kind of say the same thing about our state, UT, but I have nothing to compare it to.

I really hope they aren't too harsh on him. Yes, he was stupid for doing those things. But, people lose jobs and he should have been given a chance to get a new one or report weekly to his PO while he looks for one, which is what they do in UT. As for the weed, well I don't think it's that big of a deal in normal life(at least compared to what else he could be getting into drug wise), but being on parole is different unfortunately :(

I'm not sure if they care at all, but since they are technical violations, maybe they would at least consider the fact that he has a child on the way, although I wouldn't bet on it. you should look into whether or not they accept letters from family members in your state. They do in mine and I've heard it seems to help in some cases. Just basically telling them the good things he's done, about your baby, etc. I would check into that. :)