View Full Version : Cushing Ok Prison 3Week Lockdown. WHY?

1love2deep
09-17-2013, 06:26 PM
I Am Curious, Why The Entire Cushing Oklahoma Prison
Is On Lockdown?

What Would Have To Had Happened?

I Have A 19 Year Old Son Taking College
Classes in Cushing, Ok. Prision.

3 Entire Weeks in a 6ft by 9ft Cell
No Showers, No Phone Calls.

What Is The Real Deal Here?

I Appreciate Anyone's Knowledge
About The Situation.

sass4221
09-17-2013, 06:36 PM
I moved your thread here as you should get more replies since it is state/facility specific.

I found on Oklahoma CURE from August:
At Dick Connors, Cushing, and Holdenville: if your loved one may be associated with the Irish Mob or UAB then you might want to call before you visit.

There is nothing new but that could have something to do with it.
Here is their website. http://okcure.org/news__events

1love2deep
09-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Anyone with Knowledge please Explain.

miss bliss
09-26-2013, 03:39 PM
It is my understanding that they do not have enough guards working at the facility. last time i spoke with my bf, he states 14 guards for entire prison. Visit last week was only an hour (if you were lucky) and we got there at 7:30 am and they did not even bring him down until 9:45 am but told him too bad because i checked in at 7:30 therefore that is considered a 2 hour visit. Funny cuz the guard that told him that was the one that had to keep calling to have him sent down to the visit room for me, and he had to call that pod 4 times!
CCA is a joke of a prison, and because they are privately owned evidently they are not accountable to anyone for what goes on there.

I Am Curious, Why The Entire Cushing Oklahoma Prison
Is On Lockdown?

What Would Have To Had Happened?

I Have A 19 Year Old Son Taking College
Classes in Cushing, Ok. Prision.

3 Entire Weeks in a 6ft by 9ft Cell
No Showers, No Phone Calls.

What Is The Real Deal Here?

I Appreciate Anyone's Knowledge
About The Situation.

ShesLovely
10-19-2013, 10:07 AM
As for the 3 week lock down Alot of the OK prisons have been doing "SHAKEDOWNS"
Looking for phones etc.Theyre were confined to bag lunches Id get a phone call a week if lucky
I visited 10/5 and got to enjoy a 6 hour visited also Saturday 10/12
It did take forever to get him Down to the Visiting room They didn't have guards to search the inmates

nonamesleftlol
10-20-2013, 11:18 PM
It might be the guard shortage like someone else suggested. I know that is a problem where mine is too, he's at a minimum though. When I went 3 weeks ago to visit the drug and alcohol counselor was running the visitation because there was no visitation officers, today when I went one of the unit managers was running the visitation. Same ratio I think too, 12 or 14 guards to about 1100 inmates.