View Full Version : YAH.. First Visit Experience at Desoto Annex

pbnj420
05-05-2013, 07:41 PM
I would just like to share my first visit to Desoto Annex. I was so nervous because I did not know what to except. I have not seen him in almost 6 months. I had a lot of emotions running through me.

I went with his mother to visit. She had not been here either. When we got there, it did not look too scary. I got there around 9:30 am. The wait outside was not bad at all. It was only like 30 mins if that. You go in and the staff the guards at the front door are actually really nice. You go through a metal detector and obtain your pin and electronic hand print.

You then go into a room where they search you. It was not bad at all. You do have to make sure you do not wear a wire bra or shorts. Here you can wear flip flops. After you get searched you go into the visiting area which is like a cafeteria. You give the guard your paper and they call for your loved one. We only had to wait about 10 mins for him. You are allowed to hug and give a kiss. Everyone seems really relaxed and are just there to visit their loved one. They have a window were you order food. Of course the food is all microwaveable and you do not get a gourmet meal, but it is not bad and not overly expensive.

I was very pleased with my visit. It is really nice to know that it was not as scary as I thought it would be. If you do not do anything stupid you are totally fine. I can't wait to go back and see him!

patchouli
05-05-2013, 07:47 PM
I was relieved after my first visit too...naw, it wan't nearly as bad as I thought it'd be. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit!!!

leilasmommie05
05-05-2013, 08:16 PM
I went to Avon Park yesterday to visit my man. The guards were nice. And I was glad to see my man come out as fast as he did. Came there 930 and left at 3. I was extremely happy. Kissed him and hugged him. I love this man to the core. I also thought it was going to be a scary experience but it really wasnt.

pbnj420
05-05-2013, 08:33 PM
If he was closer I would go everyday. That would be wonderful but not the case..:(

At least we know what to expect next time! I am happy you had a good experience.

SilentVAMom
07-22-2013, 09:25 PM
I had my first visit in April and was very surprised on how relaxed it was there. The staff members that I had contact with seemed pleasant enough and understood that it was my first visit to a prison period and helped walk me through everything. I'm going back in April but like you would greatly love to go every day!