View Full Version : HardShip Transfers/Judicial Release inmate letter templates

NinjaMom
04-16-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm looking for information on what the procedure is to get a Hardship Transfer to another prison. What do the inmates need to do to increase their chances of getting it.
I'm also looking for a kind of Template or copy of someone elses support letters and inmate letters to the judge requesting a Judicial Release.
Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
NinjaMom

samanb1213
04-17-2013, 06:28 PM
There is a website ehow.com you can ask and or you can google writing a letter to a judge. As for the transfer letter, I just wrote like I was writing a business letter. I wrote his case manager with his name and number explaining that it was a hardship because he was 2 and 1/2 hour drive from me there and back and it would be closer for him to be placed at (name of facility) because this facility is only 1 hour from me. Explain your relationship to him and that you cannot visit as much as you would like to because of the hardship. Sign the letter, date it, make sure your address and contact info are on it. And it would be best if you were already an approved visitor on his list. If you have a medical reason or disability preventing you from visit also list that as a hardship and how a long drive is hard for you. I do not know about letters about Judicial Release, I would google that too.

NinjaMom
04-20-2013, 06:05 PM
There is a website ehow.com you can ask and or you can google writing a letter to a judge. As for the transfer letter, I just wrote like I was writing a business letter. I wrote his case manager with his name and number explaining that it was a hardship because he was 2 and 1/2 hour drive from me there and back and it would be closer for him to be placed at (name of facility) because this facility is only 1 hour from me. Explain your relationship to him and that you cannot visit as much as you would like to because of the hardship. Sign the letter, date it, make sure your address and contact info are on it. And it would be best if you were already an approved visitor on his list. If you have a medical reason or disability preventing you from visit also list that as a hardship and how a long drive is hard for you. I do not know about letters about Judicial Release, I would google that too.

I'm not sure I am reading this correctly, are you saying that I can request the hardship transfer instead of my son ( the inmate) having to do that? And was the hardship granted?

mlswak
04-26-2013, 12:51 AM
My response and experience is similar to what samanb1213 wrote... To answer your question, Yes you can write a hardship letter. You would mail it to his case manager. I did it for my man last year and he was granted the hardship and moved. The reason I stated I was filing a hardship was due to distance. It was to far to travel, and hard on family. They were very good about it.
Write a letter clearly indicating the transfer is a hardship request, and state your relationship to the inmate. Make sure to include the inmate's full name and number.
List the name of the facility that you wish for him to be transferred to. If possible, try to list more than 1 location. List the most desired first, then the second etc. this gives more options if the beds are full at your first choice.

I also wrote a letter to the judge regarding judicial release last Jan 2012. I followed the steps I found on e-how and other similar sites for how to address the judge, and the layout of the letter. I wrote why I felt he should be granted a early release, stated my relationship to him and listed all the positive things he was and has been doing. For example he was in college with a 3.9 GPA and on the Deans list every quarter. His involvement with coaching softball, being in a band etc.

I hope that helps!

samanb1213
05-17-2013, 10:53 AM
My guys hardship was approved. I wrote one and his mom wrote one.

I have not done a judicial for mine.

Jb_wifey
05-26-2013, 12:39 PM
just went through this with my husband- he has to be at his parent institution for at least 1 year, with no tickets. it takes them FOREVER to even get back to the inmate to let him know if his transfer is going to be approved or not, so good luck. ohio sucks.