View Full Version : Anyone been recently approved at Chino?

MrsMalcom
06-02-2004, 02:05 PM
Help!! I sent in my visiting application on May 12th, and have not been approved yet as of May 29th.

Anyone recently approved? How long did it take? When/who should I call to see if they even have it?

Help ladies - I need to see my Boo!!!

PIMAKAT
06-02-2004, 03:50 PM
It can take up to 30 days...and CIM isn't always the most reliable for getting the approvals back! I submitted mine over a year ago and NEVER received anything back, however, my application had been approved and I was able to visit. You can always contact the Visting Office and check on the status of your application. If they seem reluctant to assist you, wait the 30 days and then have your husband submit an inquiry -- GOOD LUCK!

spideriixs
06-02-2004, 03:57 PM
Chino can take anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks.... just depends if they're in the mood to type your info into their database or not! After the 4 week mark.... I'd start calling the visitor's processing center every weekend and ask about your status.

MrsMalcom
06-02-2004, 04:20 PM
I have been calling every weekend - from the 2nd week! Is there a weekday number for the people that actually process the applications?

The weekend lady was really nice - and told me to keep checking with her, but I gathered that she was not the one who actually processed the apps...

Thanks!

Missouri Rose
06-02-2004, 04:27 PM
Mrs. Malcom....hello, my son is in CIM. It took about 3 weeks to be approved to see him. He will let you know when you are approved but you can also call and ask. Call later on in the week since there is no one there now due to visiting days only being on Sat. & Sun. When you do get approved be very careful about what you wear and take a change of clothes just in case you need to change. Don't wear a white blouse cause the guards say they can see thru it and don't wear white tee shirts or tight pants. The safest color is black and you will roast in black when it's hot! I've found the nicer you are to the guards the more it confuses them and they treat you better. Good luck and just remember this too shall pass.