View Full Version : MP3 players - warranty question

suechapman5
01-23-2013, 12:50 PM
sorry not sure if im posting this in the right place.? can anyone tell me the warranty on these mp3 players they have in the prisons? my penpal tells me his mp3 player is broke? and that they will not replace it because hes had it for over 90 days :rolleyes: and now hes saying could i send half the money for a new one:rolleyes:?? also he says he will be able to keep all his songs even though he cant turn his mp3 player on:confused: im wondering if this is true. can anyone help thank you .:thumbsup:

fbopnomore
01-23-2013, 03:36 PM
I can't answer about the MP 3 warranty. It could happen the way he tells it, or it could also be an excuse to get you to send him more money too. You'll have to decide that for yourself, because there is no way to confirm his story.

lonelymomof8
01-23-2013, 06:26 PM
I know from my experience that there is a warranty because my husbands mp3 player did break due to sweat getting in it he thinks but he had it less than 90 days at the time so I am not sure how long the warranty is. They replaced it and he bought a protective case this time. He also was able to keep all of his songs cause they are stored on their computer there so he just had to transfer them on to his new player.Hope this helps.

CdaleR4000si
01-23-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm not sure about the terms of the warranty, but according to the mp3 reset forms, there is a $15.00 service charge even for warranty service. The forms can be found here http://www.corrlinks.com/mp3reset/ . These forms are used for servicing/resetting the mp3 players after our folks have been released, I have not found anything regarding repairs while they still in custody.

suechapman5
01-24-2013, 08:27 AM
thanks everyone for your responses im not sure if hes just trying to get me to send him more funds.i found something myself last night and it did say the mp3 players can be sent off for repairs.:rolleyes:

suechapman5
01-24-2013, 09:02 AM
http://articles.submityourarticle.com/federal-inmates-allowed-to-utilize-mp3-player-service-309428 this was the article i found .:) although it still doesnt say how long the warranty is for.:(