View Full Version : How Do I get My Man Transferred to Another Facility?

donnamike123
01-06-2013, 05:11 PM
hi need help on geting my boyfriend move from madison correction in tallulah la let me no who i talk to are call besides the wardon in tallulah...... he claims he cant move him....

LifeTraveler
01-07-2013, 03:56 AM
With all the prisons that have been closed recently, and the recent fiasco at West Carrol Detention Center, you would be hard pressed to find another place to transfer right now.

donnamike123
01-07-2013, 09:05 AM
With all the prisons that have been closed recently, and the recent fiasco at West Carrol Detention Center, you would be hard pressed to find another place to transfer right now.
im in lousiana baby.... i think they have more faciltys he can transfer too

donnamike123
01-07-2013, 10:53 AM
im trying to get my brother moved to d.o.c grounds wat can i do to get him moved the warden in tallulah la dont want to moved him so do i need to get with d.o.c do he need to rite please help me

JessicaL0421
01-07-2013, 10:45 PM
hi need help on geting my boyfriend move from madison correction in tallulah la let me no who i talk to are call besides the wardon in tallulah...... he claims he cant move him....

Only way maybe to look into gettin an attorney. i've tried to get my b/f moved with no success. Everyone who has a loved one there wants to get them transferred. I've tried faxing and mailing letters to the warden there, wardens at other facilities, and even DOC and get no response. If you ever go on the DOC website and look for headquarters numbers on there maybe you can call and see how you can go about it. Good luck.

LifeTraveler
01-08-2013, 02:43 AM
im in lousiana baby.... i think they have more faciltys he can transfer too

Um, I'm in Louisiana too, dear. Every facility in Louisiana is chock a block full. They will only do a body for body transfer.

mrpatrick
01-09-2013, 06:46 PM
I was released a year ago from M.P.D.C. , I wish you the best of luck getting him out of there, but it's rare that people get shipped out.

donnamike123
01-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Um, I'm in Louisiana too, dear. Every facility in Louisiana is chock a block full. They will only do a body for body transfer.
u rite thats wat the warden told me but i call my state rep in my zone i think i might get some help thanks

donnamike123
01-22-2013, 05:30 PM
I was released a year ago from M.P.D.C. , I wish you the best of luck getting him out of there, but it's rare that people get shipped out.
thats wat they say people get stuck there thanks.......

donnamike123
01-28-2013, 01:30 PM
how can i get a a. r .p sent to doc ...thats a request so my people can get transfer

LifeTraveler
01-28-2013, 02:35 PM
how can i get a a. r .p sent to doc ...thats a request so my people can get transfer

Your people have to file the ARP, (Administrative Remedy Procedure) and it gets sent to the warden. You can also send a copy to the DOC at :

P.O. Box 94304 504 Mayflower Street Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9304 Baton Rouge, LA 70802

JessicaL0421
01-28-2013, 08:38 PM

What dorm is ya boy in?

sugasweet
01-29-2013, 11:59 PM
Where do you find ARP forms? I'm trying to get my fiancée transferred to DOC and to Dixon Correctional.

JessicaL0421
02-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Where do you find ARP forms? I'm trying to get my fiancée transferred to DOC and to Dixon Correctional.

He has to write it. Tell him to send it to you and you send it out. Like I said you're probably going to have to make calls and write lots of letters. Hell, you're best luck would be to get an attorney because I've sent letters and no luck. Everybody who has someone there is trying to get them moved.

donnamike123
07-07-2013, 10:03 PM
to everyone thanks... i got my boyfriend move FROM TALLULAH... i got him a lawyer... do any one no how much school credit a inmate can earn i heard it can be 365 days starting Aug 1,2013 ......

mrpatrick
07-10-2013, 09:38 AM
Congrats on getting him shipped out of there. If you are short (like I was) or have a really long flat sentence, then it's a great place, tons of contraband, no work call, guards that leave you alone, but if you are trying to improve your situation and better yourself, it's a horrible place. The policy on books is ridiculous