View Full Version : Where the hell do you buy postcards these days?

JustYeah
12-28-2012, 11:44 PM
Besides those little expensive tourist trap stores?

The lady in Barnes and Noble looked at me like i had 2 heads for asking if they sold them. They had greeting cards. Index cards. Flash cards. Calenders. Notebooks. All kinds of stationary things. Borders used to sell them. So I didn't think it was an odd request. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

patchouli
12-28-2012, 11:55 PM
Try a truck stop, something along the interstate.

WJD
12-29-2012, 12:05 AM
Hallmark stores have them . Some drug stores as well.

Patty
12-29-2012, 12:06 AM
I get them at drugstores, stationary shops, little mom and pop joints, Walmart, too. I have friends send them to me from around the world. We love postcards.

pookiepoo
12-29-2012, 01:51 AM
Our Walmart has them

MaggieMMay
12-29-2012, 08:01 AM
And if all else fails, the post office sells ones with postage already on them. Boring but serviceable. Our county jail only allows these.

HisSO
12-29-2012, 07:16 PM
I use zazzle.com I hope you find what you are looking for there.

KT011
12-29-2012, 10:19 PM
I had a hard time finding postcards for awhile. They have ones from where I live at the drugstore, but I wanted pictures of other places or ones with interesting pictures or funny pictures. Barnes and Noble sells postcards online, but they are in sets (like Where's Waldo?, Visual Illusions, Our Fragile World, Wildflowers). You can make your own postcards on Walgreen's website. I've done that before and they turned out nice.

wizewifey
12-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Usually you can find them in bookstores but I would even try to search online I'm sure you'll find a bunch! Also in little towns with shops if you are near or go through any of these?! I just looked on Ebay they have some "lots of different postcards"! Also Walgreens.com you can use any picture to create a postcard...different way to send a picture :)

JustYeah
12-30-2012, 12:29 AM
Thanks. The Walmart here didn't have them. Neither did CVS. I didn't know stationary stores still existed but I found a Halmark store via Google near me. LOL Will try there. And Walgreens..didn't know that either. Post office being the last resort. Barnes and Noble is the only bookstore we have here now. Those interstate/tourist-traveler trap stores is where I found the last bunch. Same with those little gift shop stores near beaches. Expensive and kind of far.

hismess
12-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Try touchnote.com. their cheap & u can take your pictures & turn them into a postcard! They even mail them out for you. I use it all the time. Especially when I got a few pictures I want to send. Their great quality paper too.

sidewalker
12-30-2012, 08:57 AM
Ive seen them at the grocery stores as well.
The other thing you might try is one of those UPS stores. Ive seen funny sayings that could be used as a post card.....

Renee
12-30-2012, 06:02 PM
What about your local chamber of commerce? Maybe write to them requesting what they have to show off their state or area? IDK.... Good luck!