View Full Version : Memorial Day weekend 2004 Check-In

strongernow
05-29-2004, 01:11 PM
How are all of us Georgia PTO-ers doing?

I'm hanging in there, just doing things around the house since the weather is crappy up here in Wisconsin today. A little chilly outside and was raining this morning. I was thinking about painting the living room this weekend? What do ya'll think? It's an older home and the old owners have painted all the woodwork white just like the walls so I was thinking maybe like a khaki or taupe color in here would look nice. I have a dark green sofa and burgandy chaise lounge so I think the neutral color would go nicely. Hmmm....

Anyway, finally paid down the dang MCI bill and I got to talk to my honey yesterday and even though he was in rotten mood I am thrilled I got to talk to him after 2 weeks of no phone calls because of the block. Luckily he understands that I sometimes fall behind but quickly catch up. We're still waiting on hearing anything on his parole...since his TPM is May 2004 and technically May is over as far as business goes.... :slap: :banghead: :argh:

1dayatatime
05-29-2004, 01:25 PM
I really like off white-crema color with white trim. I really wished I owned my home so I could paint things--oh well. I went to the laundromat and paid $4 to wash a quilt boy am I glad I have a washer/dryer I would go broke doing that weekly. Glad you got the block off. Hope you have a great weekend Stronger and all the rest of you Georgians. Stronger when is your son coming home? Think I can send my two to you for the summer???? JK!

ONE

strongernow
05-29-2004, 01:37 PM
LOL One!!!!
His return home depends on the big man getting out.... we're waiting to see what happens, but probably in a couple weeks he will come home. A for your 2, sorry! lol um... no room for them here! :P
I do not own my home, but my landlord told me once I had lived here for a year I could paint... I've lived here almost 2 yrs now and already painted the nursery and she loved it, so this is the room we spend most of our time at home in, I figure it's next!

Charliesgirl
05-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Hi All
Its sunny here in NY,but a chill in the air.Im not doing too much. Having a picnic tomorrow at my brothers house. Nephew is home form Marine Corp. His last visit home before he goes off to Iraq. God Bless you Stronger,I hate painting, so much luck. Glad you got your block off. I still havent heard from Charlie,I had my number unblocked. Do I have to call my own phone company too? Maybe I will give that a try. Hope all of you have a great weekend.

Pauley
05-29-2004, 08:12 PM
Middle Georgia is hot and muggy. Rained last night, and suppose to tomorrow. Unfortunately, my boyfriend is at a prison that is not air condition. He says it is awful! Decided to open my pool this year. (Haven't in 2 years.) Been working on that and "spring cleaning" around the house. I hate painting too, but need to paint some trim work in the bedroom. Put it off long enough. Hope everyone has a nice 3 day weekend!

Jennifer_04
05-29-2004, 11:29 PM
AH,I've been feeling bummed lately! Even the letters I get,which are pretty happy and hopeful from him aren't peping me up like usual. The one I got today helped a bit. But I haven't been able to write to him because I know it'll all come out negative. So I've been sending him funny stuff from online and a card with a pic in it. Other than that,it's been ok here......getting hotter here! Baldwin has a/c so that's good. Guess that's why he told me he wants to stay perminate there. God bless y'all and have a great weekend!

LORNA
05-30-2004, 09:36 AM
Good morning all!
Went to a wedding last night and have a cook-out to attend tomorrow. Hope everyone has a fun and safe celebration!

Eternal Hope
05-30-2004, 01:59 PM
Hello ALL!
My honey is in a prison where their rooms are not air conditioned, and yes, Georgia is hot right now,he says. I got spoiled seeing him last weekend, so I'm in between missing him and trying to keep busy. I think the beige will look nice stronger, I need to do some improvements here. Going to a cookout at my son's tomorrow, other than that...hanging in here......Everyone have a great safe Memorial Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

strongernow
05-31-2004, 01:58 PM
Well....
I finally painted last night. It took me and a friend 4 hours total and the living room is done! I ended up choosing this color called "Sunbeam Straw", so as you can imagine it's kind of like a "hay" color, but I really like it! It makes the room look so nice with the white trim. So here's some pics....
raining here again today so doesn't look like we'll get to cook out for Memorial Day after all :( Bummer.
My last idea for the room is to paint the back of the built in book case the same color as the walls, look at the pic and tell me what you guys think??

Charliesgirl
05-31-2004, 02:07 PM
Love the color !!! Glad you got it done.. Rainy here today too. Had to turn the heat back on.Good idea about the book case too PJ. Have fun!!

1dayatatime
05-31-2004, 02:09 PM
Looks great!!! As far as the book shelves go I dont know--I think I may leave them like they are--but hey I am not interior decorator or designer.

One
***rainy here also but I grilled before the rain started!!

beckylee
05-31-2004, 03:13 PM
Hi - just wanted to check in and tell you that the wall color looks great! I really like it. For whatever it is worth - I like the idea of painting the back of the wall color the same as the wall - You paint of piece of poster board and put it in to give you an idea of if you will like it before you paint the back of the case. Let us know how it turns out.
Becky
Jerry's Mom

Well....
I finally painted last night. It took me and a friend 4 hours total and the living room is done! I ended up choosing this color called "Sunbeam Straw", so as you can imagine it's kind of like a "hay" color, but I really like it! It makes the room look so nice with the white trim. So here's some pics....
raining here again today so doesn't look like we'll get to cook out for Memorial Day after all :( Bummer.
My last idea for the room is to paint the back of the built in book case the same color as the walls, look at the pic and tell me what you guys think??

strongernow
05-31-2004, 03:21 PM
Becky that is a great idea about the poster board! Because I think I really want to do that but I am affraid to start painting it and then not like! You're so smart :) Thanks for sharing the idea!!!! I will let ya'll know what I decide!

Eternal Hope
06-01-2004, 10:21 AM
Your painting looks fantastic! I am thinking of doing the same here! I agree, painting posterboard first will give you a great idea of how it will look. Personally, it probably will look very nice! Happy decorating!