View Full Version : Are you preparing for a prison stay?

EaglesFan
05-28-2004, 11:10 AM
Howdy all...

I'd like to offer a suggestion for all of you that are getting ready to go serve some time. If you're able to read this right now, you already know how valuable and supportive this group is. As an ex-inmate, I can tell you that this kind of support while you're away is a wonderful and much needed thing. My idea is this - why don't you go to PTO's penpal support sister site - www.lostvault.com (http://www.lostvault.com/) and see what's involved with the site, and how you will need to register yourself as an inmate seeking mail. That way, you know what you need to do when you get where you're going. You can have someone out here submit your application via an online form and that's all that will be needed for you to get your mail. It sure won't hurt to have a few more friends writing you and being concerned with how you're doing after you start your bit.

Go there and check it out, the people there are very dedicated to helping inmates get mail, and they do a really good job of it.

We all hope your time passes quickly...

EF

LavenderRose
06-21-2004, 01:42 PM
Checked out the site. Looks like it could be a very good thing for those of us going in (and gave more discouraging news re books). However, I couldn't find the online form for friends to fill out. Where do I find it?

greyghost
06-22-2004, 07:58 AM
"and gave more discouraging news re books"

What did it say?