View Full Version : Miramar California Brig?

Mothers.Love
05-24-2004, 07:54 AM
I would like as much information about Miramar Brig as I can get.
My son is being transfered there.
Can you set up a financial account for his use?
Is there an altertenative to high cost of collect calls?
Do they have internet access?
These may be silly questions but I have no idea how these places work.
What should he expect once he gets there and what will it be like while he is incarcerated there?
I live on the other side of the country and myself and my husband are disabled. If we were able to arrange a trip to visit our son what should we know?
I use a service dog because of my disablility. Will I be able to visit my son with my service dog with me? How about wheel chair access?
Anything you can tell me about the Miramar Brig and the process would be most helpful.
Are there other websites that Military families of inmates can share posts?
Blessings,
Mothers Love

DeNada
05-24-2004, 11:16 AM
Although I don't know anything about Miramar, the usual procedure is for your son to schedule a visit (coordinated with you, of course) with the facility. You have to be pre-approved to visit so make sure he does this well in advance. As to the service dog, I don't know. Miramar should have a phone number for their Visitation Clerk. I'll look and see what I can find. The wheelchair should be no problem, but you might check first. You will have to go through metal detectors, etc. You can't take anything in with you other than pictures or change (no currency) and it has to be in a clear plastic bag or other container. No coats, no purses, etc. Will post more later if I find any info.

DeNada
05-24-2004, 11:18 AM
http://www.militaryinjustice.org/ind-incarceration.htm

this is an interesting website with some information and some good links. If it doesn't show up as a hyperlink in this post, just copy and paste into your browser's search line.

DeNada
05-24-2004, 11:20 AM
http://www.brigmiramar.navy.mil/

found this Index that should put you in contact with just about anything you need to know and who to contact to find out! hope it's helpful

Mothers.Love
05-25-2004, 08:29 AM
DeNada,

You have been so helpful the links will help provide some of the information and contacts I will need.

I was talking to the Chaplin yesterday from the old base my son was before being jailed. He said that I should not *rescue* my son and just to be a good listener and walk beside him through this ordeal.

How does a mother not rescue her child? It seems against all my instincts.
I remember when he was just a baby I would have this reoccuring dream that the ground was falling out from under us and I was reaching for him to hold him close to me and try and protect him. In my dream he was always just beyond my reach. I would wake in a panic. I can't wake from this night mare, and I can't protect him either.

My son is 33 years old. And has been a man standing on his own and making his own decissions for many years. Infact, as it often goes, I would only hear from him a few times a year. Now I have had calls almost daily and at the collect rates it will break me. But I can't *shutoff* the love and concern I have for him. How does a mother develop that thick skin that is need to protect herself and not be an enabler to her son?

This is my son's first offense, but it is one that cuts me to the quick. It is as if they are talking about someone I don't know.

Many Thanks,
Talking here helps me work through some very difficult thoughts.
Blessings,
Mothers.Love

http://www.brigmiramar.navy.mil/

found this Index that should put you in contact with just about anything you need to know and who to contact to find out! hope it's helpful

freejames
06-14-2004, 01:28 PM
My husband is currently in the naval consolidated Brigg Mirmar and has been there for 8 months. I have not yet been fortunate enough to get to go visit him because of money and I am in Mississippi, but you must be approved and on the visitation list before you can see him and about the phones they do have a prepaid to where you can send him money so he can put it on his account otherwise it is collect. They get to call everynight after classes and work then anytime on the weekends. The cutoff time is 10:00pm their time. If I can be of any assistance please e-mail me at sabrina_hinton@yahoo.com

DeNada
06-14-2004, 02:05 PM
Freejames,
I am in MS also. Where are you?

vmarie71
07-02-2009, 02:14 PM
My husband is currently in the naval consolidated Brigg Mirmar and has been there for 8 months. I have not yet been fortunate enough to get to go visit him because of money and I am in Mississippi, but you must be approved and on the visitation list before you can see him and about the phones they do have a prepaid to where you can send him money so he can put it on his account otherwise it is collect. They get to call everynight after classes and work then anytime on the weekends. The cutoff time is 10:00pm their time. If I can be of any assistance please e-mail me at sabrina_hinton@yahoo.com (sabrina_hinton@yahoo.com)

Hello my husband is in this prison and will be there for 6 months, I have some questions I was wondering me if you can please help me. What are they allowed to do everyday, any req or tv or library. that is what they have at some other military jails i was wondering if they offer that hear. and what do you mean by work what kind of work or classes can they offer. I'm sorry i'm asking alot. but i have no information really. and this is a female and male prison are they with each other or seperated ?

Please email me back at vmarie71@yahoo.com (vmarie71@yahoo.com)

Thank you and god bless. @