View Full Version : Telmate offers Video Visits

patchouli
10-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Yep, that's right--video visits. $7.50 for a 30 minute visit from the facility My Mr is in. All you need is a computer, a webcam, which can be purchased for as little as $10, and a microphone....many webcams come with a buuilt-in mic. Here is the list of facilities that they service (as of today):

Kentucky
Carter County
Grant County
Jessamine County
Laurel County
Lewis County
Marion County
Boyle County

Here is the link to Telmate's website:

http://www.telmate.com/

marchellocmehom
10-18-2012, 04:15 PM
I think the info is a bit incorrect. Ive looked, and they only do visits for Grant County and Marion County KY. The other counties have a hotline, or something like that. Maybe thats to change soon, maybe ur onto some upcoming stuff. But seems as of now...the info not accurate.

sass4221
10-18-2012, 05:58 PM
marchellocmehom, she didn't specify that they all offered video, just that those counties use Telmate for phone and canteen. Perhaps they all will have video in the near future since it is still new.

So yes, her info is accurate.

patchouli
10-19-2012, 08:41 AM
Ya'll know what though? Silly me, I did "assume" that because those facilities have Telmate that they all have video visits. I should have done my homework and checked each facility :o No excuses. When I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Hopefully they all will have video visits in the near future :)

babygirl350
06-06-2013, 10:24 PM
I see by the date this is a very old post, however I have a question. Are these video visits just for the jails? Surely they wouldn't be extra kind to give us "extra visiting" in the prisons. Oh my gosh that would be fantastic for sure. One can only hope.
Thanks for the nice fantasy!

patchouli
06-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Just certain jails.... All prisons still use Securus/CBS and there are no video visits that I know of as of yet at any of tthe prisons.

kywife2013
06-09-2013, 09:01 PM
I think that Laurel county does video visits now. A girl I know has a husband at LCDC and she posted on facebook that she was glad she could visit with her husband over the computer and save gas money rather than going to the jail.

sass4221
06-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Yes, Laurel County Jail was just added recently to accept video visits.