View Full Version : How's it going out there? (5/23/04 check in)

Jennifer_04
05-23-2004, 12:43 PM
So how is everyone doing this fine Sunday? I know.......Sunday,the non mail day! I'm doing pretty good considering. Just wondering about all my Georgia gals.....and my NY girl.....and......virgina? LOL anyway I'm being silly. I really hope all y'all are having a great day. Kurt is going to call me tomorrow and he's really doing great.....considering. My job is going good....I got to change positions,so I'm not a cashier anymore thank God! I wish we'd all get some good news in the coming week.......wouldn't that be nice! Well,just wanted to check in with everyone. Have a great Sunday and smile cause God really does love us all!:D

strongernow
05-23-2004, 01:47 PM
Well... it's going here.
It's been storming here for the past week and the rains just do not stop! My basement has been flooding all week, but there is nothing they can do about because everyone's basements and yards in town have turned into lakes and swamps. So I'm just coping with it, even though it is extremely frustrating to wake up every morning after it has stormed and see almost 6 inches of water in the basement. I t was so humid and warm last night, I actually thought about taking a float down there and just relaxing .. floating in the basement lake! LOL
No news on anything for my fiance yet, but he sure was happy when I talked to him last week and told him about his TPM! So now all we can do is wait and pray to God that they let him out soon. He won't be able to call until I pay the phone bill (they put a block on it Wednesday) which will be next week, though, so I hope he doesn't find out anything until then! And if he does, he better tell his dad to call me dang it!!!
Otherwise nothing exciting here... the baby is getting her two bottom front teeth and my son is having a blast with his grandparents on his "vacation" LOL. I miss him os much though, the first week was ok, but now the silence is starting to make me crazy!
I hope all is well with everyone and to hear from the rest of ya'll soon!!!

Willssweetie
05-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Hey everybody. Nuthin much going on here. Stronger I think ya'll got all the rain we had last week. My mower is on the fritz and I have been waiting for the dang repairman to come fix it. I sure as heck don't have the moo-la to go by a new one. Will is doing well. Poor thing has been baking. Apparently the cooling system at G.D.C.P doesn't work. I miss him so much. Like the rest of ya'll I can't wait for all this to be over with so we can get on with our lives. Best regards from Mississippi. Everyone take care.

Charliesgirl
05-23-2004, 03:46 PM
All is good here in NY. Its been storming here also.We had a BIG thunder storm last night.I had to shut everything off at 10:30 and go to bed.That was hard casue Im a night owl.Im still not back to work,still in a cast and Im going NUTS!!!! I sure wish I could have talked to Charlie all this time.My nephew is coming home this weekend for 3 weeks before he gets shipped to Iraq. My I please ask that you put him and all the others in your prayers...I also hope that everyones week brings good news....

LORNA
05-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Hey everyone!
All is well. Humid as I-don't-know-what? So far no rain, but it's expected tomorrow afternoon and Tuesday. Charliesgirl, that prayer has been passed to God. He is in charge and all is in divine order.

tonyskajungirl
05-24-2004, 07:59 AM
Hello Ladies,

Well I also got a letter this weekend :) and Tony seems to be doing much better. They have moved him from cellhouse B (which they call the outter realms of hell) to dorm 3. He said the living conditions are much better (air condition and real showers) and he has a job now, he is a tutor for the guys who have to take the GED test. He is somewhat enjoying it, it seems. He sounds like his spirits are up a bit.:) He has taken all of the tests and his physical and now all he is waiting on is his interview with P & P. Does anyone know how long this usually takes and what exactally it determines? Hopefully they will see that he should not even be there and let him come home to us where he belongs so that we can get on with putting our lives back together after this nightmare of losing his daughter in September. It seems that since then the poor man has nothing but grief. :( He has also had his only grandchild taken from him by some people who want to adopt him, but there may be a ray of sunshine in all of this we have a court date on June 29th to determine if he is returned to us and his biological father. :confused: Please pray for us, this is the only thing that I think will save Tony. He needs this child in his life really bad at this point. It is way past time for him to be able to try to be happy and have a half way normal life, and that is exactally what I want to give him! :love:
He has upset me a few times with things he has said in his letters but he has also appoligized and says it is because he has had to become cold, hard hearted and un-feeling in there. He says that is the only way to survive. That is just not my Tony.:confused: He has a heart as big as Texas. I sure hope this is not a permenent thing. It worries me though, I have never been through anything like this and neither has he. He offered to get my name tattooed on his chest if it will help me to know that he loves me and wants a life with me after this is over. :eek: lol I said no thanks I will take your word for it!
WELL THAT IS ABOUT IT HERE! Thanks ladies for being here and for caring, if it were not for you all I dont know what I would do!!!!
Annette

1dayatatime
05-24-2004, 02:51 PM
Well its now Monday- I visited JEff Saturday and Sunday. It was nice. Thanks to all you guys I knew the rules about visitation better than he did! Today is a different day I feel sad (not sure about what) and I feel overwhelmed. My job is so stressful, I have to have surgery June 8 and my son is suppose to have surgery on June 3 (nothing major for him), I will be having a polyp removed out of my uterus-to make sure its not cancer. Life is hard. My baby starts prek in august. And I am just sad. I got two great letters from Jeff today. But still sad---think I should go back on the antidepressant. Jeff, as of last week, still doesnt have a tpm, ya'll please pray for us. I pray each and every night for everyone on this site and their families.

jeffs

1dayatatime
05-24-2004, 02:56 PM
I just called and checked on his parole and they said "the computer is down" stronger ;last week it said something like it was still under investigation is that a generic message or did your fiance's say that?

jeffs

SORRY FOR POSTING SUCH A NEGATIVE POST EARLIER--BUT I NEEDED TO GET IT OUT!

Willssweetie
05-24-2004, 03:39 PM
:twocents: (Jeff's wife) Girl no need to apologize. This is what PTO is here for. Not only to educate and share advice, but to also be here to share laughter and tears. For many of us this is the hardest thing we have had to deal with to date. If it weren't for PTO we would not have a place to vent or have a shoulder to cry on. You have a lot on your plate right now. We are all here for you through the good and bad. It may not seem like it now but God never gives us more than we can handle. (Hug)

1dayatatime
05-24-2004, 03:49 PM
Thanks Wills!!!

beckylee
05-24-2004, 04:52 PM
Hi -
It sounds like your visit went very well. I am glad it was good! I understand the sadness, I think. When I saw my son for the first time in Jackson and Cobb Co when he as back for court, I was so excited to see him! We had great visits (this was in March) but when I left and knew it would be a while before I saw him again, I was very sad - not just because I missed him - but because the whole situation is sad. He is missing so much with his children. He is missing so much with everyone - it just breaks my heart. I am better now. So don't worry, it will get easier. Take care of yourself!
Hugs
Becky
Jerry's Mom

Well its now Monday- I visited JEff Saturday and Sunday. It was nice. Thanks to all you guys I knew the rules about visitation better than he did! Today is a different day I feel sad (not sure about what) and I feel overwhelmed. My job is so stressful, I have to have surgery June 8 and my son is suppose to have surgery on June 3 (nothing major for him), I will be having a polyp removed out of my uterus-to make sure its not cancer. Life is hard. My baby starts prek in august. And I am just sad. I got two great letters from Jeff today. But still sad---think I should go back on the antidepressant. Jeff, as of last week, still doesnt have a tpm, ya'll please pray for us. I pray each and every night for everyone on this site and their families.

jeffs

Pauley
05-24-2004, 06:13 PM
Great visit yesterday, but today has been a struggle. Was out of work today because of jury duty. Luckily I was dismissed because of my job. Will be out of work Wednesday because of summer,(teach) with "time on my hands". I just feel so alone. I know it is part of this "rollercoaster ride", but some days are so hard. Keep me in your prayers!

Jennifer_04
05-24-2004, 11:02 PM
Hey ladies,just wanted to say buck up......better times lie ahead for all of us and our loved ones!!! Always remember God has a plan and he doesn't make mistakes! (even though it my seem so to us) I will keep all of y'all in my prayers! God bless each one of you! Smile y'all!!!!!!

Eternal Hope
05-25-2004, 08:11 AM
Hello All,

I just returned from a trip to Georgia to visit my fiance at Macon State Prison. It was the first time I had seen him to talk in ten years! We were together fifteen years ago, for five years. His ex wife was the problem then.....but now the kids are grown, and she is out of the picture. I was nervous, it was an 8 hour drive for me each way, since I live in NC..so I spent the weeekend down there. Actually, they were reasonable at the prison for visitation. Yes, you need the clear plastic pouch for quarters, and you need to get your food for the day as soon as you get in the visiting hall, or it will be gone. I did not have to remove any jewelry for the metal detector.....of course I knew from PTO ( thanks !) not to wear an underwire bra......Our visit was wonderful!!!!!!!! I could have sat there at that little table forever just staring into his eyes......I have loved this man for so long, and just found out in February, 04, that he was in prison. I had searched for him for two years prior! I was on cloud nine the first day ( when you live that far away you are allowed to visit both Saturday and Sunday for 6 hrs, from 9-3pm) and the second day was difficult, as I was leaving. I teared up, went throught he first check point and got my keys, and license, and the second checkpoint I was teary and forgot to sign out. I hope they don't hold that against me!!!! I was just overwhelmed with the emotions, our love, and the fact of how it is just not fair;what he is missing, how much I missed him already! I did remember to "look up, not down"...because God has a plan for all of us and faith keeps us going! God has already blessed my fiance and I in so many ways in a few short months, I know He will be with us throughout. The saying goes, "If God brings you to it, He will help you through it!" Never forget that ladies!!!!!!!!!!!! God's power is awesome! My honey has a habeas hearing pending......and I have hired an attorney......so we are praying overtime these days. I love him so much, and have for so long!!!!!!!!! Its a dream come true to be scheduling a wedding for January......but at the same time, its sad because without miracles, we are looking at 4560 days before he has a chance to be released, unless this attorney and God can do something different. According to the attorney, something is possible, so please pray for us.......we are so much in love and have always been........! I am in this forever, though, since I already waited 3380 days before seeing him again, and kept loving him. Thank you all for being here!!!!!!