View Full Version : What Happens After ICE Picks Him Up?

Rodk33
10-02-2012, 11:46 AM
My husband has been down for 12 years he comes home in march 2013 but he has a ins hold on him.What can happen to him after they pick him up.Can he get more time??I know he did time in 1996 & when he got out in 99 he got deported.Can you girls give me any ideas on what I should be expecting to happen.I try to talk to him about it but he doesnt like talking about it.he says we'll deall with it when the times comes but to have faith everything works out like God has for us.

negretelove
10-02-2012, 12:33 PM
My husband has been down for 12 years he comes home in march 2013 but he has a ins hold on him.What can happen to him after they pick him up.Can he get more time??I know he did time in 1996 & when he got out in 99 he got deported.Can you girls give me any ideas on what I should be expecting to happen.I try to talk to him about it but he doesnt like talking about it.he says we'll deall with it when the times comes but to have faith everything works out like God has for us.

I can only give you our experience but your hubby is right it is an issue to deal with when it comes when you have such a long state sentence. If I were you I would just make general plans and do some research on where he will be deported to.

My husband did 9yrs and ICE contacted him 3 times every time they said for him not to worry he would be deported the day he was released from state prison. Well the day came they picked him up and they held him. He was deported two other times so this time they wanted to make him sweat it out. They had a magistrate come to him and tell him they were considering giving him time for re-entry but since he had just finished 9 yrs and he had 2 strikes on him they decided to give him a chance and deport him but if he is caught back in the US he will have to serve a minimum of 10 yrs for re-entry.

We have a friend staying that was told he would be deported the same day he got out but no they took him in and kept him for 2 weeks to see a judge. The same thing was said to him because he had just finished 7 yrs state time they would deport him without re-entry.

So it seems if the person has done a long stretch they take that into consideration but they do have to see a judge or a magistrate which means that is their last freebie pass.

Best of luck and lots of (((((hugs)))

Rodk33
10-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Thanks girl.He is from Gardalarjia (i know I misspelled it lol) so not sure if it will be there or t.j. Just nervous about it all.But thanks for the info.I'm going to pray for the best thats all I could do right now.

negretelove
10-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Thanks girl.He is from Gardalarjia (i know I misspelled it lol) so not sure if it will be there or t.j. Just nervous about it all.But thanks for the info.I'm going to pray for the best thats all I could do right now.

Have you been researching areas to relocate to in Mx? have you began any planning?

Rodk33
10-02-2012, 05:13 PM
No I haven't.Wouldn't even know were to start.He doesnt like talking about it.I've never even been to t.j. & kinda nervous about it too cuz with all the media says about how much violence is going on over there .Don't know how true it is.My family is so against me moving to because of the violence.crazy i know.where are you living if you dont mind me asking?

negretelove
10-02-2012, 05:37 PM
we have been in Mexico for 2 yrs the first yr in the city of TJ and now we live in Playas de Tijuana it is about 10 minutes south-west of down town TJ.

We have not experienced or witnessed any violence...in fact where we live now has a lower crime rate then where we lived in the US. Honestly the media is all about hype for ratings and to help the government instill fear in US citizens.
I know if you go east towards the Juarez/Texas border things are crazy but it is like anywhere in the world...all places have good areas and bad.

If I were you I would do some research through the internet and consulate and if you have any questions just ask :) here and the PTO members will help.

jb1818
10-03-2012, 02:02 AM
I really don't understand how ICE decides who gets charge with re-entry charges? My boyfriend brother was deported a couple weeks ago, 3rd time. He did not get any charges but since they took him to the police station and took his fingerprints the INS hold came up and he got deported. He already tried to cross twice but got caught and he did not get any re-entry charges not even some jail time. How is that possible? Fortunately he will stop trying to come back atleast till now because he feels like the next time he will not be so lucky :thumbsup:

Rodk33
10-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Im reading some posts about the feds picking up after ice gets them.My husband will be getting deported but can he get time for re-entry?another question did any of your husband's counselor every go ask what address will he be paroleing too & get there finger prints done?

negretelove
10-05-2012, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=Rodk33;6964857]Im reading some posts about the feds picking up after ice gets them.My husband will be getting deported but can he get time for re-entry?

If he has been deported before yes he can be charged with re-entry.
ICE is part of the feds. When a person gets flagged by ICE they are interviewed, their background is looked at, and ICE agents along with immigration court (DA and immigration judge) decide whether or not to prosecute. If they prosecute then the deportee is taken to immigration court if not he/she is given Stipulated Removal that has been pre-approved by the courts.

another question did any of your husband's counselor every go ask what address will he be paroleing too & get there finger prints done?

Yes if the person is in state or federal custody over other crimes they still have to go through the parole process. This info is then used if the person re-enters into the US. They will be picked up for absconding....the PO will be told the parolee has been deported and the file will be put on a hold status. If the person is seen or if they suspect the person is back in the US they will use that info to find him/her. At the end of the parole term discharge papers will be sent to that last known address.

Rodk33
10-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Thank you.i know he re-enter in 98 but got busted in 2000 & been down since then.i pray they just let him go..