View Full Version : 4 Months Federal/4 Months House Arrest...

JAGCLT
05-22-2004, 10:24 PM
Will I serve the entire 4 months or get any credit for good behavior, etc? Also, since the sentence is short, will I still serve it in a federal facility, or locally? Finally, how much waiting time is typical between sentencing and the self-report letter? Thanks for listening to these simple questions. Jeff

greyghost
05-24-2004, 07:11 AM
Jeff-

Welcome to PTO

Will I serve the entire 4 months or get any credit for good behavior, etc?

>> You will serve the entire 4 months day for day. Under the federal sentencing system, since you are serving less than one year, you are not eligible to earn any good conduct time.

Also, since the sentence is short, will I still serve it in a federal facility, or locally?

>> Most likely - Yes. Although in some rare exceptions you may serve it in a local jail - but that would be very rare. So, if I were you, I would expect to serve those 4 months in one of the BOP's prison camps.

Finally, how much waiting time is typical between sentencing and the self-report letter?

>> It varies, anywhere from a couple of weeks to a little over a month. You can call the US Marshals office responsible for your case for updates, or you could call the BOP designator for your region as well.

Thanks for listening to these simple questions. Jeff

>> You're welcome. Hang in there. And as stressfull as this all appears now, it will soon be over and you can move on with your life.

Take Care

Greyghost

Vince
05-24-2004, 12:15 PM
Pray that you go to federal,county time is the worst time you will ever do.your just locked in your cell all day with NOTHING to do,and nowhere to go,like the library,exersize yard,T.V. room,even working some stupid little job they give you is better then SITTING in one little cell all day.

greyghost
05-24-2004, 12:30 PM
I agree.

In his favor: the ODDS are very very good that he will go to an actual federal prison camp and not waste away in some county jail.

EaglesFan
05-28-2004, 11:16 AM
While doing my time at federal camp, there were several guys there doing very short bits. The shortest was 30 days for a priest who threw paint on a missile carrying trailer at an army base. 4 months wshould definitely get you to a camp. As Greyghost said, you can expect anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 weeks to self surrender. When you're sentenced, the judge will set the date. A tip...once you know where you're going, call them and ask what day the commissary operates on. Try to get there 2 days prior to that. That way, you can be there and have your $$$ on the books when the 1st possible commissary comes up. You won't have to go for a long period w/o deodorant, hairbrush, etc then.

EF