View Full Version : Need advice on changing my husbands release residence

kimba143
09-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Wait til you hear this one! My husband of 20 years was granted parole at PCCF(Plymouth,Ma) on Sept 13 with a release date on Sept 24.My husbands case was very high profile due to the media frenzy that it became and we are from a small town.I decided to move my son(15)and I to a new town so we can "start" over fresh,away from misinformed,gossiping,a-holes.His lawyer said he needed a release address before the hearing so he gave his sisters-being told by his lawyer that he could change it when I moved into the new house-on the 15th.Long story short-I was told by the parole office that he CANT DO THAT AND WILL HAVE TO LIVE AT HIS SISTERS FOR OVER 2 YEARS-EVEN THOUGH NOBODY HAS EVEN BEEN TO HIS SISTERS YET-OR EVEN CALLED TO COME OVER!(spoke to them on the 21st)Does this sound right???We are married,no domestic issues whatsoever,the charges were misdemeanors, never been in trouble before,and he is on the lease-said doesn't matter,too late!This blows my mind!

samazing
09-22-2012, 09:53 PM
Wait til you hear this one! My husband of 20 years was granted parole at PCCF(Plymouth,Ma) on Sept 13 with a release date on Sept 24.My husbands case was very high profile due to the media frenzy that it became and we are from a small town.I decided to move my son(15)and I to a new town so we can "start" over fresh,away from misinformed,gossiping,a-holes.His lawyer said he needed a release address before the hearing so he gave his sisters-being told by his lawyer that he could change it when I moved into the new house-on the 15th.Long story short-I was told by the parole office that he CANT DO THAT AND WILL HAVE TO LIVE AT HIS SISTERS FOR OVER 2 YEARS-EVEN THOUGH NOBODY HAS EVEN BEEN TO HIS SISTERS YET-OR EVEN CALLED TO COME OVER!(spoke to them on the 21st)Does this sound right???We are married,no domestic issues whatsoever,the charges were misdemeanors, never been in trouble before,and he is on the lease-said doesn't matter,too late!This blows my mind!

Okay, I know next to nada about prison/jail/parole/the-system, but that sounds bogus! And like someone is a badword. Seriously.... What the hell would the PO do if you sister lost the house, died, went to jail, or something to where he could no longer live there?? Say oh well, you go back to prison?? What a dick forreal. Keep fighting that one. I'm rooting for you.

patchouli
09-22-2012, 10:51 PM
PO's don't like their parolees moving, normally for at least the first 6 months, but do make exceptions is certain situations. Also, before he's released they like to know where he's going and do a Home Placement. I do think the 2 years is way over the top. Can he go a head and parole to his sister's, then try to move in with you after a few months?

kimba143
09-23-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm calling the parole board again tomorrow explaining the "circumstances"-AGAIN-of why he had to use his sisters address.My husband is blessed (ha ha)by having a wife that will stand up for herself and her family and isn't afraid to(I happen to come from a long line of "bigmouths"who love to argue-and do it well)I'm not talking about screaming and yelling like an idiot,I'm not stupid,but I will gar-un-fucking-tee that anyone associated with the parole system will know my husbands name and the b.s. I will contact Obama himself if that's what it will take.-very stubborn Taurus