View Full Version : Intro - waiting4wes

waiting4wes
05-19-2004, 07:30 AM
Hi everyone,
I am new to this and have some questions. I just started writing to someone in prison. He was orignally in USP Beaumont, Texas, but I found out this morning that he is now at Atwater USP in California. I can't find out much info on this prison. I beleive it is fairly new. If anyone knows anything about, I would like to hear. I am not sure if he is getting his mail forwarded from Texas to California.
Thanks.

California Sunshine
05-21-2004, 10:41 PM
Hi there I don't know anything about Atwater but just wanted to say Hello and Welcome :)

kintml2u
05-22-2004, 06:56 AM
Welcome to PTO!

In Federal Prisons, they are to forward the mail after a transfer of a prisoner. So he should get any mail that you had sent to the old Institution.

You may want to do a search in the Federal Prison Forum here on PTO, we may have some information on this location or members who may be able to answer some questions.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=186

Curious, did your friend request a transfer or was it a disciplinary transfer? And if so, did he have to spend a certain amount of time on the SHU prior to be transfered out?

LoUiE'sLaDy
05-22-2004, 08:12 AM
Hi and Welcome to PTO!

waiting4wes
05-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Hi kintm,
I am not sure why he would be transfered. That was my next question.
Do you know why some are transfered to different prisons? He went from
Texas to California. What would be some possible reason.
I am not sure what SHU is. Could you explain that too.
Thanks

Welcome to PTO!

In Federal Prisons, they are to forward the mail after a transfer of a prisoner. So he should get any mail that you had sent to the old Institution.

You may want to do a search in the Federal Prison Forum here on PTO, we may have some information on this location or members who may be able to answer some questions.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=186

Curious, did your friend request a transfer or was it a disciplinary transfer? And if so, did he have to spend a certain amount of time on the SHU prior to be transfered out?

MJB
06-14-2004, 07:16 PM
My Husband is on his way to Atwater as well and i am looking for any info on this place....

LAPICHITA
06-18-2004, 01:42 PM
Hi everyone,
I am new to this and have some questions. I just started writing to someone in prison. He was orignally in USP Beaumont, Texas, but I found out this morning that he is now at Atwater USP in California. I can't find out much info on this prison. I beleive it is fairly new. If anyone knows anything about, I would like to hear. I am not sure if he is getting his mail forwarded from Texas to California.
Thanks.

Hi My boyfriend is in atwater right now. I really dont know much because he still doesnt have visitng he has to wait till he earns some points. Anyways he says the prison is ok and it is new. I will talk to him tomorrow if you have any other questions let me know and i could ask him

waiting4wes
06-18-2004, 02:23 PM
Hi My boyfriend is in atwater right now. I really dont know much because he still doesnt have visitng he has to wait till he earns some points. Anyways he says the prison is ok and it is new. I will talk to him tomorrow if you have any other questions let me know and i could ask him
Hi LAPICHITA,
I finally got a letter from my penpal, so at least I know the mail doesn't take too long to get to them...that was my biggest question. But any info you find out, please feel free to share it with me and I will do the same for you.