View Full Version : County facilities that use Telmate

patchouli
08-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Where My Mr is currently located uses a service called Telmate for the phone service provider. It is also how money is put on his books.

With this service, I can call and leave a 2 minute message that he can check on his end....that costs me $1.25.

On his end, he can transfer money from his books to the phone.

Also, any dropped calls must be reported by the inmate only.

According to their web site, visits can be scheduled. I have not used this part of their service, so I can't vouch for the accuracy.

It costs $6.95 to use a debit/credit card to put the money on his books and/or the phone. I no longer have a debit/credit card.....they told me that they do not have an address for mailing of money orders :eek:, but they do:

Telmate
PO Box 1137
Fruitland, Idaho 83619

Here is their website: http://www.telmate.com/

Phone # 866-516-0115

County facilities that use Telmate:

Boyle
Grant
Carter
Jessamine
Laurel
Lewis
Marion

Mellymel418
08-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Where My Mr is currently located uses a service called Telmate for the phone service provider. It is also how money is put on his books.

With this service, I can call and leave a 2 minute message that he can check on his end....that costs me $1.25.

On his end, he can transfer money from his books to the phone.

Also, any dropped calls must be reported by the inmate only.

According to their web site, visits can be scheduled. I have not used this part of their service, so I can't vouch for the accuracy.

It costs $6.95 to use a debit/credit card to put the money on his books and/or the phone. I no longer have a debit/credit card.....they told me that they do not have an address for mailing of money orders :eek:, but they do:

Telmate
PO Box 1137
Fruitland, Idaho 83619

Here is their website: http://www.telmate.com/

Phone # 866-516-0115

County facilities that use Telmate:

Boyle
Grant
Carter
Jessamine
Laurel
Lewis
Marion

You could get a prepaid debit card to use, if they really don't take money order payments by mail. I get a prepaid card through speedway and I load there too because the rate is cheaper, plus I get speedy reward points, and every 6th load on the debit card is free with my speedy rewards card. Just thought I'd share with you incase you need to get a debit card in the long run!

sass4221
08-14-2012, 09:50 PM
That was the service we used when A was in county. The visit link wouldn't work for me but they had a toll free number to call to set it up and it was most accurate.

Are any of those counties close to you? If so, I believe you can go to that county and put cash in the machine. It will prompt you to type in his name and tap it to add. I think it was only a 1% fee for adding cash.