View Full Version : Hes in the hole for getting jumped - What can i do?

143forever
08-08-2012, 10:24 AM
I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this situation so i thought i would see what you guys here have to say about it!

R was rushed by two dudes about a week ago. It happened right outside one of the other guys cell. The fight had something to do with a comment R made previously that day. It was over this man being racist, i will leave it at that. By the time the COs knew something was going on the fight was already over and all they witnessed was R and one of the dudes walking out of this cell both covered in blood. They both were put in the hole until they could figure out who initiated the fight and R understood that.

A couple of days ago R asked someone when he would be getting out of the hole and they told him that would be up to the judge to decide. They gave him two tickets. One for fighting and one for being in someone else's cell. Excuse me?! Somethings not right about this.

He is beyond frustrated with this as am i. I will be damned if i lose anymore phone time with him because of something he did not do. Is there anyone i can talk to about this? Anyone at the prison who can shed some light on this situation for me? How can i help?

Thank you in advance!

ilovecoffee
08-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Thats not right. I am feeling for you sweety. I dont know what to tell you but I hope someone knows on here and can tell you. Hope he is ok and everything works out for the best!

forEvEr99
08-08-2012, 10:45 AM
He can fight it but that would probably just make more problems for him. :(

He is my only and forEvEr

143forever
08-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Thats not right. I am feeling for you sweety. I dont know what to tell you but I hope someone knows on here and can tell you. Hope he is ok and everything works out for the best!

Thank you! Luckily he is just fine. Im going to try my best to make sure everything works out in our favor. They are messing with my calls now so this little lady in not a happy camper lol.

He can fight it but that would probably just make more problems for him. :(

Yeah, it might cause us more problems but its worth the risk i think. The DOC already gets away with too much. Neither he or i is going to walk away from this mess without a fight regardless of the consequences.

forEvEr99
08-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Easy for you to say. You are outside. He is the one inside. The last thing you want to do is piss off the prison he is in. He should take his punishment and move on. They can make his life awful.

143forever
08-08-2012, 12:44 PM
I just called up there and found a little more out. The tickets he received are very common tickets and they are not looking at the fighting ticket as an assault - whatever that means. He said its not a serious situation what so ever and he will be out of the hole by the 21st if not sooner depending on if they get over crowded. I also found out they may have him ride out. Hopefully to somewhere closer rather than farther away. The only thing i did not find out was why. He assured me a million times that R was fine and is doing good but avoided answering why he was in the hole for protecting himself. Im slightly frustrated with that but the man i spoke with was very kind and patient with me. Im trying to be thankful that he gave me so much info and was nice about it but this is still bugging me. I'll wait to talk to R to see if hes heard anything new and go from there. Phew.

forEvEr99
08-08-2012, 12:47 PM
I just called up there and found a little more out. The tickets he received are very common tickets and they are not looking at the fighting ticket as an assault - whatever that means. He said its not a serious situation what so ever and he will be out of the hole by the 21st if not sooner depending on if they get over crowded. I also found out they may have him ride out. Hopefully to somewhere closer rather than farther away. The only thing i did not find out was why. He assured me a million times that R was fine and is doing good but avoided answering why he was in the hole for protecting himself. Im slightly frustrated with that but the man i spoke with was very kind and patient with me. Im trying to be thankful that he gave me so much info and was nice about it but this is still bugging me. I'll wait to talk to R to see if hes heard anything new and go from there. Phew.

That's good. Prison sucks. And what's crazy is that half the guards have done things that had they been caught would be there too. So when people go on crusades because their family member is mistreated it just causes more problems.
If they too have him ride out tell him DO NOT tell anyone he was moved because he was jumped. That makes him easier prey. I'll keep him in my thoughts.

missingaj7
08-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Similar situation happended with my boyfriend 4 guys ran into his cell because they wanted him and his celly to loose there job so someone else could get it and look out for them. Anyways I was a mess it took a month for It all to be over with he had to go to court I called the prison board and everything because my man should not have been charged the prison let the guys who ran up in his cell go! I called wrote and went to the prison and complained and told them I'm going to go higher up because the co knew the plan against my man later that day all charges dropped! I'm sorry your going through this it's hard keep your head up!

143forever
08-08-2012, 10:45 PM
That's good. Prison sucks. And what's crazy is that half the guards have done things that had they been caught would be there too. So when people go on crusades because their family member is mistreated it just causes more problems.
If they too have him ride out tell him DO NOT tell anyone he was moved because he was jumped. That makes him easier prey. I'll keep him in my thoughts.

Hes not riding out because he got jumped. Hes been asking to ride out for a while now in hopes that he can be closer to his mom and sister. We're just really pushing the issue now. Hes been at the same prison for 5 years now so they might just have him stay. Who knows with the DOC

I've always felt that you must fight for what you believe in. If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything. I refuse to let the DOC rule my life, they already do Rs.

143forever
08-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Similar situation happended with my boyfriend 4 guys ran into his cell because they wanted him and his celly to loose there job so someone else could get it and look out for them. Anyways I was a mess it took a month for It all to be over with he had to go to court I called the prison board and everything because my man should not have been charged the prison let the guys who ran up in his cell go! I called wrote and went to the prison and complained and told them I'm going to go higher up because the co knew the plan against my man later that day all charges dropped! I'm sorry your going through this it's hard keep your head up!

Same here. the two dudes that did this to R are still on the yard. We're thinking its because R did more damage to them then they did him. I don't know what else it could be? He only did what he absolutely had to do so i don't see how just because R wasn't as badly injured means he has to sit in the hole? That may not be the case but what else? Not knowing sucks :/ i should be hearing from him soon and im hoping he knows more.
Thank you!!

missingaj7
08-09-2012, 12:15 PM
That's what happended too my man and his celly were ok. Keep us updated and keep ur head up!

143forever
08-11-2012, 08:49 AM
We still don't know a whole lot. R was out in the cage for yard a few days ago and one of the guys involved in the fight was in the cage next to him. The guy was put in the hole for having a shank! I feel blessed that the shank he had was not used in his fight with R. It serves as a good reminder that things could always be worse then what they are!

NeverDull
08-11-2012, 05:14 PM
They might have him in the hole for his own safety...especially if one of the guys is now in trouble for a shank! That could have been meant for your hubby!!! How scary! So maybe they heard something might go down and decided to protect him until he can get transferred. In sure it sucks a LOT but he is at least safe right now.

bl6ckr0s3
08-25-2012, 12:04 PM
The prison's concern is tryin 2 figure out who or wat started the fight in the 1st place. They wanna delete n-e possibilities of that happening again. U mention R said something racist? We dunno wat R's situation is cuz we weren't there or we dunno everything. If his comment started something off, then there's really nothin we can do. If something started that entirely wasn't his fault, usually there's still nothin we can do. It's like if ur involve in a fight u get in trouble no matter wat. It's kinda stupid....

My husband got caught in a riot many years ago & was forced 2 defend himself. Some guy had a knife in the yard & ended up cutting him a few times. My husband thankfully knows how 2 fight. He was so busy on defending himself that he didn't realize he was covered in his own blood. People saw him & they were "holy shit". Thats how he ended up having a big scar on the back of his head & his arms. He got thrown in the hole 4 that. Such a fucked up system.