View Full Version : Halfway Houses, etc for Sex Offenders

officeremily
07-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Okay so my husband is friends with a guy at NCU who has made parole, but has nowhere to go because he is a sex offender and has no family. I don't care if somebody is an SO or not, if they've served their time, they deserve to be out.
What I was wondering is if there are any halfway houses or anything like a halfway house that will allow SO's to parole out to them. I think he said there is one place in Arkansas that will, but he doesn't know the name. Can anybody help this guy out??

bell1234
07-30-2012, 10:35 PM
there are not any halfway houses that allow sex offenders in the state of arkansas. thats why there are hundreds of sex offenders that are still in prison having to flatten their time because they don't have anywhere to go to

SkySpy
08-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Okay so my husband is friends with a guy at NCU who has made parole, but has nowhere to go because he is a sex offender and has no family. I don't care if somebody is an SO or not, if they've served their time, they deserve to be out.
What I was wondering is if there are any halfway houses or anything like a halfway house that will allow SO's to parole out to them. I think he said there is one place in Arkansas that will, but he doesn't know the name. Can anybody help this guy out??

Chance Sobriety Ministries, Inc.
12127 Gabriel Lane
North Little Rock, AR 72118
(501) 851-8484

bell1234
08-28-2012, 06:12 PM
found out chance sobriety does take sex offenders but only has like 3 to 4 beds for them and i think they have to be level 1 or 2.

officeremily
08-28-2012, 11:11 PM
found out chance sobriety does take sex offenders but only has like 3 to 4 beds for them and i think they have to be level 1 or 2.

Okay thanks! I'll pass that along to him!

bell1234
08-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Okay thanks! I'll pass that along to him!

talked to chance sobriety today was told they have to have a sponsor that will pay their fees and it ain't cheap at all. it was about 2500 dollars. He said it would be for intake fees and the first 2 months of rent.

officeremily
08-30-2012, 10:57 AM
talked to chance sobriety today was told they have to have a sponsor that will pay their fees and it ain't cheap at all. it was about 2500 dollars. He said it would be for intake fees and the first 2 months of rent.

Dang that's expensive! I don't think he has anybody to pay those fees for him. So that's out.