View Full Version : What are the chances of getting caught of sneaking pills and tobacco

starbright31
07-29-2012, 09:03 AM
I know someone who did this. Of course, I'm not gonna snitch. I let karma take care of that. So, are the risks of getting caught sneaking in pills and chewing tobacco high? I can understand inmates wanting to get high or take sleeping pills in prison and in jail to pass time faster.

Geauxin'KraZee
07-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Bad idea! ! Bad,bad idea!

InmateLover67
07-29-2012, 09:40 AM
I know someone who did this. Of course, I'm not gonna snitch. I let karma take care of that. So, are the risks of getting caught sneaking in pills and chewing tobacco high? I can understand inmates wanting to get high or take sleeping pills in prison and in jail to pass time faster.

Of course the risks are high, because one wrong move will lead to someone getting beaten up or in trouble of some kind.

Ignorant is what this is.....anybody that is willing to jeopardize their freedom and possibly attach more time to their sentence is not someone that would make it in the free world.

I don't understand (actually I do, but it does not seem beneficial) why inmates want to pass the time by doing illegal shit when they "should" be taking classes or learning something about why they are where they are.

Not a smart move, in my opinion.

Peace~

Straight
07-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Of course the risks are high, because one wrong move will lead to someone getting beaten up or in trouble of some kind.

Ignorant is what this is.....anybody that is willing to jeopardize their freedom and possibly attach more time to their sentence is not someone that would make it in the free world.

I don't understand (actually I do, but it does not seem beneficial) why inmates want to pass the time by doing illegal shit when they "should" be taking classes or learning something about why they are where they are.

Not a smart move, in my opinion.

Peace~

And this is exactly the kind of thing that we all kows happens, and it's why I have no tolerance for that crap about "the system doing things to keep people in prison."

The system doesn't have to do anything to keep people in prison! It's all they can do to stop people from diving in head first!

And the person on the inside who either requests this from someone on the outside, or even accepts such an offer, is the worst person the would-be smuggler has in their life. The smuggler's freedom means less than nothing to the person on the inside.

143forever
07-29-2012, 10:14 AM
This is the second thread that i've read on this topic! I guess i never realized how often things like this happened.. its sad to ever get yourself wrapped up in a mess like this. Its hard for me to believe that people actually go above and beyond to risk their visitation privileges.

I would imagine getting caught is only a matter of time. Once they get comfortable with taking the pills and chewing/smoking tabacco its only a matter of time before they make a mistake or let their guard down and get caught.

Im going to bring this situation up with R. I am actually very curious to know more about this now. He is a recovering addict so knowing drugs are so easily obtained makes me feel uneasy.

Jenrietta
07-29-2012, 11:08 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if something gets in at every time there's visitation. It is not always something terrible, but contraband nonetheless. Candy, pictures, food, I see it go in all the time.

1bird2
07-29-2012, 11:29 AM
Last spring, while visiting my son in a USP in Ky, I watched 2 women with an infant, and 2 toddlers. They transferred 5 bags of herion to the prisoner. The women were arrested, the children went to child protective services, and the prisoner was charged. They were a LONG WAY FROM HOME....and still are.
Who cares what the chances are??!!

uRmylife
07-29-2012, 11:35 AM
I am always amazed that individuals will take the risk to try and smuggle any contraband into any prison. With that said, I highly doubt that the person that brings the contraband initiated it, I would guess that they were asked to bring specific items. If that is the case, I would question the relationship and the feelings that that individual supposedly has for me because they are willing to have me face prison time, willing to lose all visitation for the remainder of their bid, and could face more time themselves. To me that means that truly don't care about me or themselves.

On several occasions I have witnessed people be removed from visitation and have seen the sherriffs department come and physically arrest individuals. I have even seen the cars towed from the visitation parking lot.

Included below is just one that I am referencing- She was charged with 44 felony counts. Again the question would be if they ask this of you and put you in this amount of risk can you really believe they care about you?:hmm:

http://www.kingmandailyminer.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubsectionID=1&ArticleID=43731

KINGMAN - A woman police say drove more than three hours to bring her boyfriend at the Arizona state prison a bag of contraband found herself behind bars earlier this week.

Linda Castro Granados, 26, of Cashion, which is in the Phoenix area, was booked into the Mohave County Jail on a total of 44 felony counts.

Granados was reportedly observed parking her car in the prison's lot just before 10 a.m. Sunday, retrieving a bag from her trunk and later dropping that bag in a trash can near the front entrance.......

LeBeau
07-29-2012, 11:38 AM
It's not the risk of getting caught so much as the consequences of getting caught- for the inmate, for the visitor, for the inmate's cellie and for every visitor who did not break the rules to knowingly, willfully, deliberately do something incredibly stupid.

The person who brings contraband into a facility risks, at least, their visiting status and, at worst, felony conviction.

The inmate can be sent to ad-seg,lose any accrued "good time", lose privileges (including all visits and phone calls) and face additional time on their sentence....in some cases, they can face a new "real world" conviction.

His/her cellmate will deal with the disruption of a shakedown, the risk of being presumed to be complicit in the plan and be under greater scrutiny, overall.

Every visitor who did not do anything wrong can face more restrictions, more hoops, greater scrutiny... and the loss of visits if the facility decides to do a lockdown due to the incident..... all because some set of fools thought it was a good idea to commit a crime on the grounds of a prison.

There's never a good enough reason to introduce contraband into a facility.

BFFsupporter
07-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Respectfully, but puzzled.

Why would you even ask this question? Of what value in support of families is this kind of question?

What are the chances of getting caught robbing a bank? ...stealing a car...? ...breaking into a house?

What is the point of your interest? What does it matter? People who do illegal things set themselves on very difficult paths of chronic incarceration. There's not much more to say. If not today, then tomorrow.

4ever love
07-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Usually when someone starts a fire, they come back around to watch the fire burn....When someone commits a crime and gets away with it, they wonder what the getting caught percentage would be next time...The old, "I have a friend" story.....

Frankly, I think the one's who bring in the contraband, need a stiffer sentence and absolute incarceration, rather than the one on the receiving end. If you are stupid enough to do it and enable, someone who's already convicted, incarcerated, and has lost freedom, then you should receive the most strict punishment allowed by law....

nicenjazzy
07-29-2012, 03:17 PM

The risk of getting caught are like betting on the lottery...your numbers may not come up today but if you keep playing they're bound to come up sooner or later. I for one don't understand why an inmate would want to use while in...especially if they have a drug problem, this is their time to get clean and try to stay that way and they should be trying to do the right thing. And if they did ask someone to do that for them...they SURE don't care about that person or what may happen to that person, they only care about their needs/wants.
As for the "someone who did this" could you do me a favor and tell them I said "Thanks for making it harder on the rest of us who love and are loved by our loved ones who have to jump through the hoops that have been put in place by those who want to do this kind of STUPID, ENABLING mess just to be able to see them." :angry:

fbopnomore
07-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Whoever brings contraband into a prison risks being charged with a serious felony themselves. You risk your freedom, and the person inside could catch a new case, and remain in prison much longer too. As mentioned above, it's also possible to lose your children to the state, all of which are serious consequences so your LO can get high, or make some extra money. But it doesn't discourage some folks from trying.

SusanWayward
07-29-2012, 05:08 PM
If it's you, don't do it, if it isn't you, mind your business.

If you already did it and are worried about the chances of getting caught, hmm.

That means you have a conscience, listen to it.

notyourordinary
07-29-2012, 05:50 PM
My bf was telling me at our last family visit how some girl got caught smugling drugs in for her bf on a family visit, thats just so wrong its a huge privalidge to have those visits why ruin it for yourself and others and not only that like my bf said anyone who asks you to do that does not love you at all! Now that girl is in jail not because of the drugs because it was only a small amount but because she was smuggling. I dont understand how anyone could be so stupid :/

Miss_A
07-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Last spring, while visiting my son in a USP in Ky, I watched 2 women with an infant, and 2 toddlers. They transferred 5 bags of herion to the prisoner. The women were arrested, the children went to child protective services, and the prisoner was charged. They were a LONG WAY FROM HOME....and still are.
Who cares what the chances are??!!

I know the exact facility you're talking about. There is all kinds of crazy ish that goes on there.

anexsia
07-29-2012, 07:07 PM
I used to see this all the time, wives/girlfriends kissing their significant others and at the same time placing pills in their mouths. I never saw them get caught for it but it's just a really bad idea. I would never ask my girl to do something like that.

Rick's Girl Ont
07-30-2012, 01:15 AM
I witnessed the aftermath of this one time when I went to visit my man. The place had been on lockdown for a couple of hours and luckily I still got to see him but only for 50 mins. He had called me while I was driving there telling me what happened.

A woman had a family visit with her husband over a weekend with her two kids and they found out that she had snuck in tobacco after she was ready to leave. When I left the visiting room, I saw her and her two kids in an interrogation room and all I could think of why the hell would she do that to herself and her children? Over what? Tobacco? Not worth it. I'm sure she got off and being banned from visiting and her husband was transferred somewhere else. All that for tobacco. They will and do find out because they brought the dogs in afterwards to inspect the room they stayed in.

This kind of thing doesn't affect just the inmate and the person trying to smuggle it in, it also affects everyone else. I had to wait a half hour to see my man because of all that crap and I also had a drug dog search me ( first time for that) and another woman who were there for a visit. Another woman had to wait 2 hours to see her son. I had to be sniffed by a dog where he also sniffed my crotch which was very humiliating while 2 other inmates in an enclosed glass area looked on. Some people are just so stupid.

Patty
07-30-2012, 02:05 AM
Policy reminder for those joining this discussion:

• Illegal Activities:
Threads/replies encouraging illegal/unethical action (like “The best way to kill the neighbor’s dog” or "Have you had sex during a visit?"), or more importantly, anything relating to compromising the security of prisons and institutions (ETC) will not be allowed. Posts such as these will be deleted and may lead to you losing your posting privileges. This policy extends to profiles, avatars, etc., as well. PTO's policy on illegal activities also extends to references of gang activity, as gang activity is illegal (and especially in the prison systems). If you are affiliated with a gang and have a loved one in prison, you are certainly still welcome at PTO, but no reference to such affiliations in posts, profile, avatar, etc. is allowed.

MrsMallory
07-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Policy reminder for those joining this discussion:

• Illegal Activities:
Threads/replies encouraging illegal/unethical action (like “The best way to kill the neighbor’s dog” or "Have you had sex during a visit?"), or more importantly, anything relating to compromising the security of prisons and institutions (ETC) will not be allowed. Posts such as these will be deleted and may lead to you losing your posting privileges. This policy extends to profiles, avatars, etc., as well. PTO's policy on illegal activities also extends to references of gang activity, as gang activity is illegal (and especially in the prison systems). If you are affiliated with a gang and have a loved one in prison, you are certainly still welcome at PTO, but no reference to such affiliations in posts, profile, avatar, etc. is allowed.

Thank you for reminding people that PTO is not the place for this type of conversation!! The question this female should be asking is does her man really care for her if he's asking her to do something like this!! We tryin' to get our men home - not risk not seeing them or possibly risking our own freedom - adding to their time - and ruining visits for other!!

Mrs. Happy
07-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Chances are that "someone" is being used!

agomez84
07-30-2012, 12:37 PM
Its only a matter of time...sooner or later she will ...

mallafri
07-30-2012, 12:56 PM
It's not the risk of getting caught so much as the consequences of getting caught- for the inmate, for the visitor, for the inmate's cellie and for every visitor who did not break the rules to knowingly, willfully, deliberately do something incredibly stupid.

The person who brings contraband into a facility risks, at least, their visiting status and, at worst, felony conviction.

The inmate can be sent to ad-seg,lose any accrued "good time", lose privileges (including all visits and phone calls) and face additional time on their sentence....in some cases, they can face a new "real world" conviction.

His/her cellmate will deal with the disruption of a shakedown, the risk of being presumed to be complicit in the plan and be under greater scrutiny, overall.

Every visitor who did not do anything wrong can face more restrictions, more hoops, greater scrutiny... and the loss of visits if the facility decides to do a lockdown due to the incident..... all because some set of fools thought it was a good idea to commit a crime on the grounds of a prison.

There's never a good enough reason to introduce contraband into a facility.

Totally agree! What pisses me off the most is that these people don't even care how their actions affect other people. :mad: And how can someone use their children like that?!?! That's just disgusting! :angry:

Onedaycloser13
07-30-2012, 03:05 PM
As far as I can see,it is abuse of the rules and regulations such as this as to why each and every time we,as loved ones, go to the prison to visit we are scrutinized and have such limiting rules in place. Bringing in any kind of contraband not only is a serious crime in itself, it just enables the inmate to keep up the same behavior.