View Full Version : Are we getting the word out about PTO?

daWifey
05-16-2004, 09:00 AM
I was talking to a friend in our situation and she had never heard about PTO. I was just wondering how the word about PTO is getting out. I think it would be extremely beneficial to get the word out to other women etc. For starters the site is very informational. I wish i had known about it when my husband was initially sent to prison or different facility or whatever. It would have made my life so much easier. But i think that the more we get the word out the more people will join and can shed more light on different facilities, and programs etc. There are some topics that don't get a lot of response because perhaps there aren't enough people experiencing it at this point. With that said is there something that we can do here in the NY site to attract more members to provide a wider variety of knowledge and information. Any ideas?

maidenheart
05-16-2004, 03:14 PM
I agree with you, actually yesterday when I went to visit my sweetheart I was telling him about the site in case he wanted to share this with some people who could tell their families, as I was leaving I gave two women the address to this site, I felt they needed support so I hope they join. Good post dawifey.

LeftHereAlone
05-16-2004, 03:20 PM
Great idea. I will send my hunny the addy in my next letter so he can pass it on to others. :)

softheart
05-16-2004, 03:38 PM
We have a PTO flyer as a stricky in the Lounge that you can print out and give to them, or send it to them.

softie

j2sq
05-16-2004, 07:00 PM
good idea. i get the word out when i go to visits--to some ladies!

caprione
05-16-2004, 10:07 PM
I think chatting with others during the 'wait' that always seems to be there is a good idea. I wonder if we can post something or leave a few plyers at the hospitality centers at some facilities? They have info on busses, etc. Are there jail ministries in your area? Maybe they would pass the info along. I sent a subscription of PTO's newspaper coming out, ConTact News, to the jail ministry in our area.
Caprione

superiorgirl
05-17-2004, 03:02 PM
When my son's facility was in lock down, I found out about it here - before we missed a calling time. He worries when he misses a call, so when they were cleared, I told him about finding out on PT and as a result, not being worried. He was telling his buddies about this, and they wanted the PT addy for their loved ones. Son distributed PT's addy to all of the guys in his court. Sending the info to your inmate seems to be a good way to go - for the most part the inmates are as concerned about us not knowing what's going on, as we are about what's happening with them. So, I would urge anyone who logs on here to pass the info along to share. I know PT sure has been a reassurance to me!!

daWifey
05-17-2004, 07:27 PM
I got the flyer and I plan to send a copy to my husband and also i am going to leave some in the hospitality house at his facility. I really think that the more people that we get to sign on, the more information we'll get. It can only help. I highly enocourage all to do the same.

bishopnsandy
05-22-2004, 06:43 PM
How can I get a flyer? Anyway, I also plan on getting the newsletter for me and my honey, but I do tell people about PTO.

David
05-22-2004, 07:12 PM
Here is the link to the flyer that Softheart was talking about:
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15789

I think the best way is to tell people at visitation about PTO. Asking your loved one to spread the word also is a good idea, as is asking the webmasters of all your favorite sites to at PTO's URL to their links section.

The State forums have really been taking off and a lot of credit goes to those of you who are spreading the word.