View Full Version : Alcohol and drug treatment

Amy35
06-05-2012, 07:33 AM
I dont understand why the court system make you take substance abuse classes if you sell drugs and get caught? Thats crazy! Alcohol use is legal and people arent gonna stop drinking so why send them to treatment?

nevaeh2morrow
06-05-2012, 09:42 AM
I dont understand why the court system make you take substance abuse classes if you sell drugs and get caught? Thats crazy! Alcohol use is legal and people arent gonna stop drinking so why send them to treatment?

Because selling drugs is NOT legal. Because apparently something happened that may have put you and or someone else in danger?Because you may have an addiction?

4ever love
06-05-2012, 10:17 AM

Maybe so the drug dealer can see, first hand, what the effects of selling drugs can do to his buyers. What if it could be proven that this drug dealer's drugs were the direct cause of a death, and the Court's were able to charge him/her for murder? Just saying....

I dated a guy, long ago, that was ordered to go to the coroner's office for a day. It was part of his probation and I can tell you it worked! He'll never agree to drag race with a friend again.

JustBeingMe67
06-05-2012, 10:22 AM

Even though alcohol is legal, some people have an addiction to it, and most of the time, they are convicted of a crime due to being under the influence. Some people will stop drinking if it becomes problematic and they choose to go to treatment.

If someone is caught selling drugs and convicted of it, then most of the time, they are sent to substance abuse classes. It is the norm.

What do you suggest they do if someone is convicted of selling drugs? What would be your idea of a plan of action against future sales?

Peace~

bdwell
06-17-2012, 07:09 PM
From what I understand it is the rationale of the system that if they see, through a program, the damage that is caused from what they sell, it might make a difference. I have been told by dealers themselves they would rather do a program than do time. Unfortunately they also say it hasn't done anything but make them super careful about continuing to sell.

thisfamily
06-17-2012, 07:24 PM
We don't know everyone's situation.. so the programs are just one size that fits all... hopefully a lot of these folks benefit from the programs. I sure hope my jailbird does... what he did to support his drug habits was so devastating to me and his family, so I definitely see the value in these programs!

bdwell
06-17-2012, 08:05 PM
, so I definitely see the value in these programs!
You are right to there being a value. Even though D didn't make it through and about a third of his group have been revoked that means two thirds do make it to graduation. They have a big ceremony every May. :D Some of the friends I made by going to DC with D are doing amazing.

thisfamily
06-18-2012, 06:45 AM
You are right to there being a value. Even though D didn't make it through and about a third of his group have been revoked that means two thirds do make it to graduation. They have a big ceremony every May. :D Some of the friends I made by going to DC with D are doing amazing.

That sounds fantastic, bdwell. I am hoping jailbird has that kind of positive feedback. He needs it so badly and he wants it. He only has been around negative and drug-addicted people ( asshole/dysfunctional family and druggie friends ) and that is all he has known. He says he had an amazing time in a drug rehab which only lasted one month. Well, one month isn't enough is it? Haha. Thanks for your response...
:caffeine: