View Full Version : Hi All... I have some questions.

Charliesgirl
05-11-2004, 09:10 AM
Its a beautiful,sunny day here in New York.It would be much better if Charlie was here,but good things come to those who wait...right?
Does anyone know how it is determoned how long an inmate stays at Jackson? It been a month now. He tells me nothing in any of his letters. Since he wants to parole out to NY, should I be contacting the office here? Do I wait til he gets his TPM?? Sorry for all the questions... I pray you are all doing well..... Thanks for your help....:)

Jennifer_04
05-11-2004, 07:51 PM
You know, Kurt wants to parole out to TX,but I talked to a parole lawyer yesterday and he said it was a bad idea. I've always thought of it as a great idea since he will be out of georgias hair and all that. He thinks it's a bad idea because we will have to wait for texas to accept him and that paperwork takes time....months. He suggested that he parole out to georgia if at all posiible and then the next day work on getting himself transfered. I don't know if this is a good idea or not! As for how long he'll be at jackson,i'm sure we've all heard that it takes 6-8 weeks for diagnostics. Charlie hasn't told you about taking tests or a physical or talking to a parole officer? I'm sure he's done all that by now. Kurt still has to meet with the PO. well,have a good night or morning...whenever you read this ha. God bless!

Charliesgirl
05-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Thanks Jennifer.... Charlie has had most of all the testing. Its 4 weeks today that he has been there. I just dont know if I can do anything on this end....H ehasnt said anything at all about talking to a p.o. He hasnt written in a week. We had some words and not sure if he is still mad or what.. Ive been writing every day,and Im over our disagreement... I m hoping soon I will get a letter..

strongernow
05-15-2004, 07:24 AM
It is required that inmates serve a minimum of 6 weeks in Diagnostics & Classification.

My fiance was at GDCP in jackson for 8 weeks to the day and then he transfered to his permanent facility. Unfortunately, the time period you wait for a TPM is undetermined. Some inmates wait the standard 6-8 months after they are in state custody and others have been in state custody for over a year and are still waiting for a TPM (take a look around the forum and read some of our members' stories).
As far as Parole, we had moved to WI before my fiance had to go back to GA to serve time (where we both resided before this and grew up). His PO has already met with his father in GA and we are assuming he will parole out there and transfer here. His PO told him that would be the best idea right now since the Interstate Compact can cause a release delay because of all the paperwork and waiting for the state that receives the inmate after acceptance to coincide. The PO actually said the same thing that Jennifer mentioned, release to GA and the next day or so go directly to the new PO's local office and begin transfer paperwork. I think it will be easy for us because my fiance has a place of residence, job and family that are all here now and were here with him before.
Good luck Pam :) Hang in there, hun!!!

Charliesgirl
05-15-2004, 07:49 AM
Thanks girls.... I got a letter from him and he said that he will parole out to his sisters place first,she lives down there. And he finally told me that he has talked with his PO,the only thing he has said she mentioned was that he would than likely do 27 months,but you never know..He has given my address as place of residence,and Dad lives up here too, so hopefully it wont take very long.I cant thank you all enough for being here every time I have a question...you ladies are AWESOME!!!!! HAve a great weekend...

strongernow
05-15-2004, 08:19 AM
Pam,
thats good news! So that means Charlie has been through his Pre-Parole Interview at Jackson :) This is progress, hun! keep your chin up. 27 months... not too bad, hey? The PO's seem to be pretty right on with their estimates of time to be served... ours was right on actually and our TPM is one month prior to when the PO thought he would even hear anything. You just never know with GA and it seems like they are really pressing to stay on top of things now with the latest mess with the Parole Board.
Tell Charlie to keep his head up, be strong and hang in there! It really does sound like things are moving right along for him. Hopefully he will know something soon about where he is going to be moved to.