View Full Version : Securus cost/rates?

mominlexington
05-10-2012, 04:13 PM
hey,
i was wonderingif anyone knows the rated for securus...like how much does it cost to buy minutes i guess? lol i want to go through them but when i went to their site i couldn't find anything about the cost....
thanks!
mominlexington

LeOnJeNN
05-10-2012, 10:52 PM
You have to put AT LEAST $25 on the phone and they charge a $6.95 processing free...so I usually put $25.05 on the phone so an even $32 gets charged to my card.

mominlexington
05-11-2012, 07:31 AM
You have to put AT LEAST $25 on the phone and they charge a $6.95 processing free...so I usually put $25.05 on the phone so an even $32 gets charged to my card.

thank you leonjenn! and sorry for my typos lol.......:o

msgreenthumb67
05-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Actually their website says if you snail mail the $$ the is no fee and no minimum!! I have not yet been approved so have not set mine up yet but in my research into it you CAN rate your call on their website so you have an idea how much it will cost with whatever phone # etc. WWW.securustech.net

pss12
05-11-2012, 10:02 PM
I mail in my payments to securus to avoid the processing fee but it takes them up to 7 days to credit my account which sucks but beats paying the processing fee. I only pay the fee when we are very low on credit.

From their sit you can "Rate My Call" where you select the facility your LO is in and you submit your phone number and it will tell you how much your call would be per 15 mins.

DeonsWife
05-12-2012, 12:22 AM
If you buy a pre paid phone with a number where he is at calls are only $1.85 :) I got Net 10 from walgreens 750 mins for $25 and it lasts me all month.

PTO78678
05-12-2012, 01:32 AM
If you buy a pre paid phone with a number where he is at calls are only $1.85 :) I got Net 10 from walgreens 750 mins for $25 and it lasts me all month.

I need to do that!!

Aloha from far away............ Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk. Haim shelli.

LeOnJeNN
05-12-2012, 04:11 PM
I know if you mail it in they don't charge you....but I don't trust that...I would rather know personally my payment has been processed and get a confirmation #

Christy30
05-14-2012, 12:58 AM
When you rate my call the option traditional collect is that the price it will cost with a collect call from the inmate itself or thru the company?

Paulie'sGirl
05-14-2012, 07:42 AM
"Rate my call", is the cost of the call, through Securus. Most people set up a "pre-paid" account, as you have more control over the cost. Most of the inmates do NOT buy a calling cards, as no one "really" knows what the cost is, and there is no real feasible way to check the balance, etc.

Christy30
05-14-2012, 10:08 AM
Thats what he does is buy calling cards with his "paycheck"

Christinaalfred
06-13-2012, 09:51 AM

Hi. how do I do that? I would like to do it like that much better ,
Thanks just Pm the info please

Paulie'sGirl
06-13-2012, 08:30 PM
I, too, bought a Virgin Pre-Paid phone, and I have it set up using ASPC Tucson zip code.

Paulie'sGirl
06-13-2012, 08:33 PM
I, too, bought a Virgin Pre-Paid phone, and I have it set up using ASPC Tucson zip code.

I pay $21.86 for 400 min, and I add it on my Securus account (usually put $50 at a time) and now our calls are $1.84 a call.

$50 with Securus is about 27 phone calls.
400 min is about 25 phone calls (since they are technically 15.5 min long)

I talk to Paul just about every day now!!

dana1975
06-15-2012, 12:10 AM
If you have a securus account you add whatever ammount of money you want to to your account. The minimum is $25 and there is a $6.95 processing fee when you add the money. There is a Rate My Call button on their site and you can put your phone number in it as well as the prison the call will be coming from and the length of the call, 15minutes. That will let you know how much each call will cost you when your LO calls so you can determine how much money to put on your account depending on how much they will call.

hlsmith06
06-18-2012, 12:49 PM
I bought a net 10 phone and set it up with the zip code where my man is. Our calls were $6.11 for 15 minutes but now they are $1.75!! Now my hubby gets to call me everyday<3<3 Make sure you buy the phone online for thhe is at zip code because I bought one in the eown where I live and it wouldn't work in the area where he's at. It's easier and less of a hassle to just order online!

Holly2412
06-19-2012, 09:14 AM
question: do you guys get charged a "roaming" fee if you're out of state/country when he calls you?

PTO78678
06-19-2012, 09:21 AM
question: do you guys get charged a "roaming" fee if you're out of state/country when he calls you?

Nope no fee

chiclet
06-19-2012, 11:42 PM
I have Verizon and no roaming anywhere in u.s. do not know about out of country.

DJzGirl
06-24-2012, 01:23 PM
I bought a net 10 phone and set it up with the zip code where my man is. Our calls were $6.11 for 15 minutes but now they are $1.75!! Now my hubby gets to call me everyday<3<3 Make sure you buy the phone online for thhe is at zip code because I bought one in the eown where I live and it wouldn't work in the area where he's at. It's easier and less of a hassle to just order online!

Ok you bought your phone online, but others have bought it in the store. I am in PA. SO no phone I buy here will have anything close to an AZ #. If I go to the store, how do I know which phones will let me choose a number? Every day I am just thankful to this forum even for the small questions like this one.

DJzGirl
06-24-2012, 01:25 PM
I forgot to ask this. Some ppl like to pay online, and some want to save on the processing fee by mailing it in. Which do you think is better? Has anyone had problems with either method? Again, I am in PA so online saves time, but I also want to save money.

sandijv
08-11-2012, 09:47 AM
DJzGirl, I don't know if you have a local" phone yet, but I activated cell phones online and gave the zipcode of the facility as my own (even though it wasn't) and was given a "local" number.

DJzGirl
08-11-2012, 11:43 AM
DJzGirl, I don't know if you have a local" phone yet, but I activated cell phones online and gave the zipcode of the facility as my own (even though it wasn't) and was given a "local" number.

Thanks. I just got a phone in the mail. I had to use my zip code to have the mail arrive. Now I hope when I call in, I can use the facility zip code and get a local number. I miss my Baby so much. I want to hear his voice. But I want to do this the right way also.

DJzGirl
08-11-2012, 11:45 AM

That's what I figured. With Virgin Mobile, I was told if I call in rather than doing it online, I can use the AZ zip. I hope thats true.

DJzGirl
08-11-2012, 11:46 AM

I pay $21.86 for 400 min, and I add it on my Securus account (usually put $50 at a time) and now our calls are $1.84 a call.

$50 with Securus is about 27 phone calls.
400 min is about 25 phone calls (since they are technically 15.5 min long)

I talk to Paul just about every day now!!

Thanks for your exact details. It really helps.

mzzztrujillo
08-11-2012, 11:59 AM
hey,
i was wonderingif anyone knows the rated for securus...like how much does it cost to buy minutes i guess? lol i want to go through them but when i went to their site i couldn't find anything about the cost....
thanks!
mominlexington

The minimum is 25.00 plus a 6.00 set up fee. Different prisons have different fees most of them are .60 cents for 20 min. I would put 25 every two weeks and it would be enough for 2 calls a day

JasonsPrncss
03-27-2013, 05:53 PM
This is just a little updated info but I just opened an Advanced Connect account with Securus last night (3/27/13) and the online payment fee is now 7.95. However, the cost of my phone call (I have a 480 area code) is only 1.60! So looks like the cost of the calls has gone down but the payment processing fee went up a buck.

dana1975
03-28-2013, 12:31 AM
Also there is no minimum amount that you have to put on your account anymore.

Elliottsgirl
05-29-2013, 05:06 PM
That's what I figured. With Virgin Mobile, I was told if I call in rather than doing it online, I can use the AZ zip. I hope thats true.

DJzGirl, were you able to call in and activate it the phone using an AZ zip code? I was trying to order with virgin online and ended up chatting with an agent who told me once i activate the phone that it will go based on my zip code so i am trying to figure out how to go about this bc I am in MN and he is in Yuma and the cost of calls would be cut in half!

DJzGirl
05-29-2013, 06:07 PM
DJzGirl, were you able to call in and activate it the phone using an AZ zip code? I was trying to order with virgin online and ended up chatting with an agent who told me once i activate the phone that it will go based on my zip code so i am trying to figure out how to go about this bc I am in MN and he is in Yuma and the cost of calls would be cut in half!

I told the agent that I had just moved from AZ and wanted a number that was local to my family. I gave him a zip code. And he ran that and got a number.

Elliottsgirl
05-29-2013, 06:39 PM
That is awesome! thanks so much! I was trying to buy one online today and was chatting with a Verizon agent online today (probably a bot) and they said my number is picked from a random pool of numbers based on my area code and that there wasnt a way i could tell them i want a 602 area code.

Im going to go ahead and buy the phone and call in like you said. Thanks so much!

DJzGirl
05-29-2013, 10:49 PM
No problem. It took me like two months to buy a phone bc I couldn't figure it all out. lol. I tried buying one locally and that didn't work I had to order it online. The guy gave me no problem with using a different zip code. Except that he was saying ok you want whatever city in AZ and I was like umm... yes. That's right. Bc I didn't know which city it was. lol. But, when I used the zip code of the prison, the first number they gave me was kinda far out for some reason, so I called back the next day and he changed it. I googled using a zip code and area code, I think. And saw white pages listing, to get ideas of which were local, I think. And I had Securus rate my call pulled up so that I could put it in while on the phone right away and verify that the number would work for me.

mrsSnakeMan
06-27-2013, 08:41 PM
if you get the Net 10 phone how do I change the approved number at the prison from my home number to receive calls cheaper on the prepaid? Can one person have more than one approved number? Thank you in advance for your help :-)

dana1975
06-28-2013, 01:39 AM
Your loved one will have to put in a change of phone number for you but my husband changed my sisters phone number instead of mine when I got my cheaper number and that way both of my numbers were on his list.