View Full Version : info for a friend - F.C.I (etc) Carswell - FT. Worth, TX

Amelia
04-08-2002, 09:36 AM
Hi everyone! I need some info for a friend of mine--his wife is in the federal system and she has just started a 6 year sentence...she was recently moved to the Carswell unit -near Ft. Worth... and he hasn't heard from her yet so he is worried-how long till they are alowwed tocall home? also any info on visitng would be great too.This is there first experience with the wonderful system :D so any info on this particular prison and the federal system in general would be appreciated... what was teh site for the fedarl bureau of prisons and will that be helpful??they have children and it is hard for them as well as him...thanks !! I am hoping he will show up here.....

David
04-08-2002, 10:03 AM
Amelia, my girlfriend was at Carswell for 2 years? I am going to go ahead and move this to the prison profiles section of the site and then let her know about it so that she may help you out. She was also at Dublin and I think they have talked about that in the "On the road to prison" forum.

David

Princess
04-08-2002, 01:37 PM
Amelia
Yes, I was at FMC Carswell Camp. If you are familar with the BOP at all then you know how long it takes to process paperwork espcially when you first get there! It will probably take about a week for her to get her phone on and then he will need to send her some $$ for the account. She can call collect but it cost a fortune!! The visitation is automatic for immediate family... she will just need to fill out the form. The visitation room is not bad at all. There are two parts inside and outside. It's contact visits and you can kiss and hug. Hope this info helps!

David
04-08-2002, 02:48 PM
Really? How many guys did you kiss and hug in that room?? LOL..
Maybe we should open a visitation room photo gallery.. :p

Thanks for the reply,
David

Shortie
04-08-2002, 06:25 PM
LOL that is funny david a little jealous????

Amelia
04-09-2002, 01:22 PM
Princess, Thank you so much. I am sure he will appreciate the info...think ya got David a lil worked up there..hahaa!! I appreciate your quick reply--thanks again!!

David
04-09-2002, 02:24 PM
Hardly! As if I didn't have a few visits myself.. (grin) That was pre-Laurie/David so its all good! I thought we would wager on who had more :pp j/k!

Amelia
04-09-2002, 04:04 PM
you are so bad!!!

Princess
04-10-2002, 12:13 AM
Amelia: I was just being helpful because I knew your friend was married. And by the way Fed-X lets not take that bet okay!:)

David
04-10-2002, 12:21 AM
Uhh oh! From bet to investigation! :)

David
04-10-2002, 12:22 AM
Amelia, she was being helpful because she can be sweet, nice & all that.. :) And because I threatened her! LOL j/k!

David
04-10-2002, 12:24 AM
I do know how to get posts out of a turnip! :p
(Princess turnip)

Amelia
04-10-2002, 01:43 AM
Hahahaha! you two made me have a much needed laguh!! Thanks!

Shortie
04-12-2002, 09:23 PM
I sense a little more then what they are telling us what do you think amelia????

Amelia
04-14-2002, 11:08 PM
i think sooo :D lol

Dove
06-09-2003, 06:06 AM
Tought I'd tap into this link since it dealt with Carswell. I posted in the intro forum, but for those who haven't seen it, my name is Dovie and my mother has been sentenced to 8 years of federal time (non-violent, white collar stuff). She's in the Oklahoma County System awaiting transfer and we believe she'll be going to Carswell.

Does anyone have any pictures of Carswell? How about directions to the visitors gate? When are visits allowed and for how long?

That's a few questions to get started.

Dovie